Chapter 1: Arriving at the Three Feathers

load previous
Mar 4, 2022 6:03 pm
You realize that each cultist has a letter O enclosed within a letter U tattooed on the left breast. You find a room key and between them 8 silver shillings.
Mar 4, 2022 6:03 pm
You realize that each cultist has a letter O enclosed within a letter U tattooed on the left breast. You find a room key and between them 8 silver shillings.
Mar 4, 2022 9:01 pm
'Wait for just a moment for my esteemed colleague to return,' says Dieter. 'If you will excuse me, I intend to investigate that commotion outside, another potential opportunity for us all' he says.

Dieter will shut the Morrians all back in, let Kristof know where he's going, and then head downstairs to find out who has died now.
Mar 4, 2022 9:17 pm
Kristof looks at Gustaf, "We have found a way to dispose of the bodies without concern. But I do believe we are owed for our job here." He holds out his hand expectantly. Once paid, he moves back to the hallway, testing out doors quietly in search of the one belonging to the students.

Gustaf Rechtshandler

Furmyr

Mar 7, 2022 11:21 am
Gustaf Rechtshandler
"You should talk to your colleague," Gustaf replies curtly. "He already got the money. Don't you try to extort me for more."

It takes Kristof a few tries, but eventually he finds the right door to the student's rooms. They haven't spent much time in the room though so all you can find is some wheather worn backpacks. Looking through you find a couple of books written in some strange tongue, tough by the drawings, they seem quite profane. A few trail rations. Some clothes. A drawing of Gustaf.
Dieter arrives downstairs to see Hans and the cook carrying what seems like the body of Johann Schmidt or Freidrich or whaterver his name really is. Following them in is a limping and bleeding Thomas, his shoulder seems to be dislocated and he is in bad shape. His three henchmen are helping him as well as they can, though by the looks of them they are more used to causing injuries than tending them.
Mar 8, 2022 7:05 pm
'Did you gentlemen work our your differences?' asks Dieter, a sly smile playing across his lips as he surveys the state of the two men.
Mar 8, 2022 7:18 pm
OOC:
I missed that Dieter had collected the money! Or this guy is lying. I'd almost rather not know!
Kristof looks a little taken aback at the outburst from Gustaf, as he had not realized Dieter had collected the payment. He puts a little bustle in his step in collecting the keys and coins. The sooner he was out of that room, the better. Upon exploring the student's room and finding the books, he blanches. These must be books detailing the occult! Damned Books of Chaos! Not knowing what else to do with them, he collects the findings into one backpack to bring back with him; he also takes a second pack, empty save a few rations, and claims it as his own.

He moves back to the room with Gustaf and shows the man his portrait. "You're lucky, it appears they were after you after all. Help me out, now. We found a way to dispose of the bodies. You need to cry out and draw attention, and the priests have agreed to 'attend' to the corpses. All the evidence we need is here," he says as he places the chaos-filled pack on the floor by the door, and puts one such book in the hand of a cultist.
Mar 9, 2022 10:34 am
Thomas just gives Dieter a glare as he's placed into a chair, when the inn is interrupted by the cries of Gustaf.

"Help! Help! They tried to kill me!" he exclaims coming down the chairs, the front of his pyjamas covered with blood. He would make a decent actor you figure as has thrown himself fully into the role.

"What in the bloody pustules is going on tonight," Gustaf complains as he grabs his bludgeon and runs upstairs.

There they find Kristof standing in the room.

"What happened?" the innkeeper says, he's standing shocked in the doorway.

Behind him the serving people and the gravin's guest has taken an interest.

Rolls

Secret Roll

Secret Roll

Mar 9, 2022 8:51 pm
Dieter rushes up behind the innkeeper and once in the room he crouches down beside the dead cultists. Lifting the book from the cultist's hands he flips it open then hands it back to the innkeeper, 'What happened Mr Rechtshandler?'
Mar 9, 2022 9:19 pm
Kristof hardly waits for Gustaf to have an opportunity to speak. "I heard noises, and found them trying to kill this man. They did not get away with it, clearly." Though he didn't care to admit it, he was strangely adept at lying and getting away with it. Something about a natural cardshark face. Not a single bead of sweat nor an obvious glance to the left.
Last edited March 9, 2022 9:20 pm

Rolls

Cool (43%) - (1d100)

(27) = 27

Mar 9, 2022 9:40 pm
Opening the backpack, Dieter gives a theatrical shudder, 'Cultists, you were lucky the big man here was nearby.' He empties out the pack and starts to pick through the incriminating evidence, 'Did you know any of them?' he asks. 'First they attack the Gravin's champion, then her aide. There's something going on here. Someone is behind it all.'

Dieter is pretty sure the events are unconnected, but it makes a nice story.

After checking the bodies he says, 'Better get those priests, this lot have got what they deserved. I'll buy you a drink big man.'

He jingles a few coins in his pocket. Dieter hasn't forgotten he's got their payoff from Gustaf and he's pretty sure Kristof hasn't either. He wants to let him know that he'll settle up later.
Mar 10, 2022 7:27 am
Each mention of 'big man' makes Kristof's face grow a little more dour. Given that the man is 5'1", it's likely that this topic is a sore spot for him. However, he had proven himself the bigger man in many violent situations tonight... by beating up or killing those who are larger than him. So he lets it go, this time. Kristof joins Dieter in heading downstairs, and opens up his own purse to share in the shillings he had collected.
OOC:
Not that it likely matters in this game, but Kristof gives two of the six shillings. He thinks he's clever. He's not.
Mar 10, 2022 9:50 am
"Why would cultists want the champion dead? Or her lawyer?" one of the gravin's guards asks. "Would have been better to have left one alive for questioning. But in the heat of battle, to have fought three on your own."

The guard walks over to Kristof and pats him on the shoulder. "Impressive."

He turns to his companion and tells him. "The gravin should be informed."
Mar 10, 2022 4:34 pm
Kristof didn't quite follow the story that Dieter had created, but he had no need to. He was simply the muscle. All thoughts of anger at what he considered mocking from Dieter is alleviated when the guard congratulates him in earnest. Moving across the hall, he knocks on the door belonging to the Morrians. If they answer, he'll say that their services are needed. At this point, he wonders why they would even be needed, but he was pretty sure he was tracking Dieter's plan.

Priests of Morr

Furmyr

Mar 11, 2022 9:05 am
Priests of Morr
"What is this racket?" one of the "Morrians" asks when he opens the door, playing his role to perfection.

Once he's been told what's happened he reacts with feigned shock. "That's horrible. What has the world come to when you can't even trust anyone to be what they seem to be," he says and the three come with Kristof to Gustaf's room.
Mar 11, 2022 11:01 pm
'Thank you brothers, I think these animals would be best attended to in the stables' he says to the false priests. He hopes that by removing the bodies from the scene it will prevent any further investigation into exactly what happened. 'I will have that drink for our hero in a moment. But first, I think we should talk to the Gravin herself. Mr Rechtschandler, lead the way.'
Mar 12, 2022 5:04 pm
Kristof hangs around, hoping to hear what Dieter is up to. That man is full of plans, and has already acquired him a hefty sum of money.
Mar 14, 2022 8:02 am
Gustaf Rechtshandler
Gustaf first sputters at the thought. "It seems the problem is solved, I am sure she would be more agreeable in the morning."

Though once he's made aware that the guards have already awoken her and that she's up he sulkily agree. It takes some time for the gravin to get ready to receive visitors, but when you finally are let in, she demands to meet the hero of the day as well.

Gravin MariaUlrike von Liebwitz of Ambosstein
You realize why it took time, as she is impeccably dressed in a exquisite dress in the latest fashion. "It seems I have you to thank for my champion being alive."
Mar 15, 2022 5:46 pm
Kristof looks uncomfortable and confused. He had not dealt with the Gravin this evening, instead pledging his protection to an elf that had mysteriously disappeared. He had never been comfortable with nobility, especially ones as flashy as this. Embarrassed, Kristof attempts to wipe the blood from his hands on the back of his jacket, standing silently.
Mar 15, 2022 10:13 pm
Dieter bows deeply and ostentatiously. He starts talking in the unnecessarily flowery and affected tone he has developed for dealing with his betters.

'M'lady, I have placed myself entirely at your disposal and dedicated what little talent I may have to your safety and interests. It has been quite an eventful evening and I am eternally grateful to my compatriot here...' he gestures to Kristof, 'For defending the life of Mr Rechtshandler.'

He tries his best to look puzzled and concerned.

'It seems that there are individuals abroad who intend harm to you and your entourage. We have found images of your champion Bruno and Mr Rechtshandler here. I am concerned that there might yet be more assassins waiting in the shadows. Perhaps with ill-intent to your own noble person.'

Dieter is too subtle to just approach the Gravin and ask for money, after all he is now employed by her. But he does want to ingratiate himself with his new patron and figures that it won't hurt to get his new friend in her good books as well. After all, they're somewhat tied together now with mutually incriminating actions.
load next

Thread locked