Hello Everybody

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 6, 2021 12:40 am
Nice to meet you. I found this corner of the internet while looking for a place play the FFG Star Wars RPG. I really enjoy the system and the setting but there’s I can’t find anyone local interested in a game. I’m curious to see how the system functions in PbP.

My RP experience is limited to a few PbP DnD 5e games at another site and a remote DnD campaign during the pandemic. I also DMed the Edge of the Empire beginner game for my family just to see how the system works.

Games I’m interested in besides SWRPG, are Tales from the Loop, Blades in the Dark (though I don’t love the setting), Alien RPG, and basically anything Chaosium prints.

Look forward to joining you on some adventures.
Dec 6, 2021 12:54 am
Welcome to the site, RogertheShrubber! I don't think you'll have too hard of a time finding a Tales from the Loop game, I believe our resident TftL aficionado will be here to introduce herself in 3...2...
Dec 6, 2021 1:12 am
That's not me, but welcome RogertheShrubber. FFG SW gets some play here and there are plenty of fans.
Dec 6, 2021 1:19 am
Hello! Welcome to GP!
Dec 6, 2021 1:27 am
Hello, hello! Greetings and salutations.
Dec 6, 2021 2:32 am
Welcome!
Dec 6, 2021 2:42 am
Hi and welcome to GP!
Dec 6, 2021 3:01 am
I see you've come prepared for "Bring me... a shrubbery!"

Good to see. And welcome to GP, Robert!
Last edited December 6, 2021 3:01 am
Dec 6, 2021 3:58 am
Lots of Star Wars gets played around here, so hopefully you get a game soon! Keep your eyes peeled for Genesys, as well. It's the same basic system, but can be used for tons of different settings. (I'm running a game of hardboiled detectives in Star Wars right now, but I don't have any openings, alas. But be on the lookout!)
Last edited December 6, 2021 4:06 am
Dec 6, 2021 4:55 am
Welcome, Roger!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules and this video introduction made by user Qralloq. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

I also run a beginner's game as a quick introduction to GamersPlane and play-by-post, if you're interested.

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!

Len

Dec 6, 2021 6:06 am
Welcome to the community!
Dec 6, 2021 12:03 pm
Welcome!
Dec 6, 2021 12:14 pm
Welcome to GP!
Dec 6, 2021 1:49 pm
Welcome Aboard!
Dec 6, 2021 1:52 pm
Welcome to the community, Roger!
Dec 6, 2021 2:26 pm
Hello and welcome!
Dec 6, 2021 4:05 pm
🐋come! Enjoy your stay.
Dec 6, 2021 4:10 pm
Welcome aboard, or ashore
Dec 6, 2021 8:27 pm
Wow, thanks for the warm welcome. I'll definitely check out that beginner game.
Harrigan says:
I see you've come prepared for "Bring me... a shrubbery!"

Good to see. And welcome to GP, Robert!
As you know, Harrigan, there is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress at this period in history. I hope to find some respite here amongst other like minded RPGers.
Dec 7, 2021 2:30 am
Hello and welcome!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.