Suggestion box

Dec 7, 2021 11:55 am
Log suggestions for improvements here or apply to join the game and create threads in the Suggestions thread.
Feb 17, 2022 7:33 pm
I was wondering why is it that rolls have to be in a table? I've had quite a few time recently that I was like wouldn't it be lovely to wrap that in a [roll][/roll] note on my character sheet, My guess is that it is about how it renders in the characterSheetIntegration as I'm not even quite sure what that would look like myself perhaps a
[roll="Skills"][/roll] could show up in a section labeled skills then again with the the changes that I hope to be live soon 😉 the whole sheet shows up down there doesn't it? so it could just show up wherever on the sheet it shows up on the sheet...

Thoughts?
Mar 17, 2022 8:47 am
It can be a few steps to find and navigate to the most common forums. At the moment it feels (to me) like Forums just dumps people in a big list.

Perhaps the Forums menu should be a drop-down menu. Having General Chat on there might encourage more general chat and quick access to the guides seems like a good idea.

https://i.imgur.com/rx39wHB.png

I don't think it would drive traffic away from AMA, announcements and those things - but it might just help people quickly get to the most common forums.

I'm not sure that the list above is the correct list. Maybe Introductions should be on there too.

Thoughts?

Yes!
Dunno. Worth a try.
Errr... I'm not sure. Probably not.
Ugh! No way!
Mar 17, 2022 8:52 am
https://c.tenor.com/4IxtijQfVnEAAAAM/baby-scream-yeah.gif
Mar 29, 2022 10:17 pm
The rolls at the end of a post can't be seen while editing, though that's when I really need them, to narrate the results.

Also, when not editing, the rolls are not that important any more, and they can take up a lot of space.

My ideas, then:
1. It would be very useful to see rolls already made while editing a post.
2. It would be very useful to have only a spoiler button for the rolls when not editing a post.
Mar 29, 2022 10:37 pm
whatsup says:
... rolls at the end of a post can't be seen while editing ...
While editing, the rolls are visible below the Preview/Save buttons.
whatsup says:
... It would be very useful to have only a spoiler button for the rolls when not editing a post. ...
I would not want the rolls hidden away from normal viewing.
Mar 30, 2022 4:32 am
vagueGM says:
whatsup says:
... rolls at the end of a post can't be seen while editing ...
The reason that rolls only show up after you initially submit a post is to prevent cheating if you start making a post, get rolls you don't want and then never submit that post and instead try again. It's maybe not an ideal system but that's why it works the way it does.
Mar 30, 2022 10:12 am
Quote:
Quote:
The reason that rolls only show up after you initially submit a post is to prevent cheating if you start making a post, get rolls you don't want and then never submit that post and instead try again. It's maybe not an ideal system but that's why it works the way it does.
I see. I didn't know about these, thanks for the quick answers.
Mar 30, 2022 10:20 am
I hope those work for you.

There was some ambiguity about the word 'editing', I assumed you meant using the edit 'button' to change a post --in which case any existing rolls are still visible, if a bit far down the page for comfort (do we really need the whole explanation (For "Basic" type rolls, Enter the text ...) about how the roller works there?).

But bowl's point about writing the post in the first place is valid (and, technically involves 'editing'), we should not be able to change what we are trying to do --or decide not to post at all-- based on foreknowledge of what the dice will say (but then, I tend towards 'fiction first' games, so my opinion is biased).
Apr 5, 2022 6:37 am
I come to once again ask for some kind of solution to hide inactive forums from Game Forums list without leaving the games they are attached to. Both retirement suggestions are now in Nope subforum, so if that is not a solution - can we at least get some sort of a hide button?
Like for example, if you visit a game forum, add a "Hide/show this forum in Game Forums list" next to subscription option buttons. It will be obscure enough that only those who want it will find it, right?
Please, I use Game Forums to check on games, and it's full of clutter I don't want to leave and GM is not here to retire. I know that I can technically save the posts as HTML myself, but doing it page by page is sometimes time-consuming. :(
Also, is there any kind of notification for when you get kicked from the game? I noticed that one of GM ghosted games had disappeared from my list without me leaving it, so GM must've returned briefly to kick the players - but I am not sure if I missed a notification about it, if these exist? If they don't exist, then adding them is my second suggestion.
Apr 5, 2022 6:47 am
@FlyingSucculent, I feel your pain. Many of us recognise the problem, but we don't seem to be able to agree on a solution.

I believe the concern is that if people hide games then it will lead to games being ignored and then dying.
Apr 5, 2022 6:51 am
How about "hide until there is a new post" then? Inactive games will stay hidden, active games which went on a hiatus will resurface when activity resumes, active games will return constantly. Or it can be an option which only unlocks after there are no posts from the GM for a month (or even a year).
Last edited April 5, 2022 6:52 am
Apr 5, 2022 6:59 am
@FlyingSucculent Yes, this is like the snooze feature that was suggested back in December. It was voted down.

Apr 5, 2022 7:07 am
But that feature is for the main page, no? Perhaps opinions might be different for the forums.

Anyway, if not snooze, then maybe an ability to make a separate forum list to put below Game Forums, so you can see them separately?
Or a way to grey out the name of the forum without removing it? Like in the video, just don't remove. It'll be a bandaid over a bullet wound, but if no one can agree on more drastic options...
Or at least an option to save an entire thread as HTML! I'll be happy with this, at least then it'll be easier to archive and then leave.
Last edited April 5, 2022 7:08 am
Apr 5, 2022 7:14 am
Like I say, @FlyingSucculent - I feel your pain. That's why I've written something for my GP so I can snooze things (greying them out) and it highlights where I wasn't the last person to post (in unsnoozed games).

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/847468766149476394/956081082447564800/unknown.png

...but I do think it does need addressing for everyone.
Apr 5, 2022 7:22 am
Quote:
Anyway, if not snooze, then maybe an ability to make a separate forum list to put below Game Forums, so you can see them separately?
I kind of like this idea. Maybe instead of hiding games, you can just sort them into multiple groups. So you have the one at the top with the games you go into regularly or that are still active and then you can scroll past it to the second group where your inactive games are stored. Or however else you want to organize them.
Apr 5, 2022 7:29 am
User defined grouping is the most middle ground we can get I think. If one doesn't want to discern their games, they can leave them as is.
Apr 5, 2022 7:50 am
Adam says:
That's why I've written something for my GP
You know, maybe that is the solution for me too; just write an extension or something for myself... If it is truly a problem that only we two (and Chalrytharendir) have, then perhaps individual solutions are better. Guess it is time to brush up on web development!

(Grouping will be acceptable too, though.)
Apr 5, 2022 9:24 am
Other people have requested this.

I worry that a feature that is clearly useful to some, and constantly requested is being blackballed on account of theoretical fears that it might result in games stalling.

If people are already not interested in the game, and choose to hide it, their doing so is not the reason it is stalling.

Are there any other objections. If not I would like to refute this problem as being valid. If I turn out to be wrong (which I acknowledge is a bit hard to prove) then we can look at dealing with that when it comes up.

Sorting/categorising the games would solve many of these problems. We do need to look at game sorting anyway (along with sorting character).
Apr 5, 2022 9:46 am
And I worry that a feature that is being voted against over and over is being put to vote over and over again until it's pushed through even though the consensus has been multiple times that it shouldn't be implemented and that a different solution should be found.

I've said my piece on the matter but apparently, this feature is going to get implemented no matter what, sooner or later. It's not like it's going to break the site for me.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.