Suggestion box

load previous
Apr 5, 2022 2:48 pm
FlyingSucculent says:
... Good to know it is being discussed, though.
It needs to be discussed. Till you brought it up again it was 'noped'.
Apr 5, 2022 2:58 pm
Hey, maybe there will be a consensus this time! I hope, at least.
Since I don't think I can contribute anything useful to further discussion, I'll just perform a metaphorical exit from this forum. Ping me if needed later!

(insert "- My job here is done. - But you didn't do anything!" meme.)
Apr 5, 2022 5:44 pm
Quote:
But, erm, how would that solve the issue of ghosted games?
Sorry, what I meant that it would solve is your issue of not wanting to be titled as the GM for that game just so you can retire it. If those roles are separated, then you would only be elevated to forum admin, not to GM.

I don't really understand the issue of being called GM for a game I didn't GM, but if that is a problem, then this would solve it
Apr 5, 2022 5:46 pm
bowlofspinach says:
I don't really understand the issue of being called GM for a game I didn't GM, but if that is a problem, then this would solve it
Yeah. I'm glad it's not just me. I have no idea what this separation of roles is for (other than adding more configurations screens for the user to puzzle over).
Apr 5, 2022 8:16 pm
If I did not GM a game I should not be listed as the GM of that game, it is false advertising.

If I am looking at joining a game from a GM (or taking on a new player) I might want to know what they play and what they GM, these lies make that impossible to tell.

Already I have been promoted (without consent) to secondary GM on a game when the actual GM left the site and I can not demote myself, nor can I retire that dead game.
Apr 6, 2022 2:54 pm
I was using the Abilites Edit Feature and selected a couple things and went CTRL+B before I realized it wasn't doing anything.

CTRL for BBcode doesn't work when editing inside abilities tag.
https://i.imgur.com/Vsx0p5Z.png
Apr 7, 2022 12:16 pm
Ok a suggestion...
The possibility to use the "if, else" operation in the sheet...
Or else the "case" operation..

In function what I choose the sheet show me different contents...
Apr 15, 2022 2:23 pm
a feature I saw on every PbP site I've ever been on, and feels strange not having it here:

a quick link in the character sheet redirecting to the subforums of the game the PC have been approved for.
Jumping from charsheet to game to charsheet is something I tend to do a lot and a dedicated button feels very useful. In the thread you click on thethe PC's name, but then there's no way back.
Apr 15, 2022 2:26 pm
Aironfabio says:
a feature I saw on every PbP site I've ever been on, and feels strange not having it here:

a quick link in the character sheet redirecting to the subforums of the game the PC have been approved for.
Jumping from charsheet to game to charsheet is something I tend to do a lot and a dedicated button feels very useful. In the thread you click on thethe PC's name, but then there's no way back.
I have an option to go back to the forum of the game my character is in. At the bottom of the sheet, on the red bar in the following screenshot
[ +- ] Screenshot
Apr 15, 2022 2:40 pm
Oh god it's below the referral links! :D :D
[ +- ] screenshot
great, the more I know

EDIT: it's an overlay, got it... definitely better. definitely missed it for a few months. Thanks Naat!
Last edited April 15, 2022 2:42 pm
Apr 15, 2022 2:42 pm
Aironfabio says:
Oh god it's below the referral links! :D :D
You're not alone! I was on here for ages before I was told about that bar. Footer Blindness is a real thing.
Apr 15, 2022 2:49 pm
I only now learned this and I've been a member here 7 years! XD
Apr 15, 2022 3:40 pm
Speaking of Characters and the bottom bar. I could make use of the Characters menu as well while looking at a character (Game Details and Forum are still there, but Character goes away). It is often useful to be able to open other characters in that same game, and having to go back to the forum to get to them is a pain.

We know what game's characters to populate, since we already looked up the game id for the Forum/Details link.
May 3, 2022 12:25 pm
Is there a way to quote only a single line from a post? I would be kinda cool if I could select a bit, click the quote button, and that it would only quote the selected words.
Not sure if that's possible with javascript
May 4, 2022 10:09 am
Not sure if this would be too pushy, but how about getting a notification when you haven't read a latest game post that has an unread entry over 5 days old? (the 5 is, of course, an arbitraty number)

Or alternatively, on the homepage, order the latest game posts from old to new, so you can't see the new ones until the old ones have been read. If you really don't want to read them, all it takes is one click.

I personally play in 4 active games right now and I fear that I might miss a post because it got flooded to the bottom by newer ones. I can't even imagine how on top of things you have to be as a Qralloq.
May 4, 2022 10:43 am
I occasionally check the Unread Posts page to make sure nothing slipped through the cracks.

If those reminders were to be implemented, they should definitely be optional.
As for changing how posts are displayed on the front page, I wouldn't be too much of a fan of it but I rarely ever use the front page, so that wouldn't be a huge deal for me, I guess
May 4, 2022 11:06 am
TheGenerator says:
Not sure if this would be too pushy, but how about getting a notification when you haven't read a latest game post that has an unread entry over 5 days old? (the 5 is, of course, an arbitraty number)

Or alternatively, on the homepage, order the latest game posts from old to new, so you can't see the new ones until the old ones have been read. If you really don't want to read them, all it takes is one click.

I personally play in 4 active games right now and I fear that I might miss a post because it got flooded to the bottom by newer ones. I can't even imagine how on top of things you have to be as a Qralloq.
If your worried you missed something you can always head to forums personally I go there whenever my list of unreads is as long as the list displays.
May 4, 2022 11:14 am
I still maintain that the homepage would be improved with humanised date-times (e.g. "yesterday", "an hour ago", "4 days ago"). But I don't think anybody agreed with me.
May 4, 2022 11:16 am
bowlofspinach says:
I occasionally check the Unread Posts page
KoldikSteelskin says:
head to forums personally
I did not know both of those options. ty!
May 4, 2022 11:18 am
Adam says:
I still maintain that the homepage would be improved with humanised date-times (e.g. "yesterday", "an hour ago", "4 days ago"). But I don't think anybody agreed with me.
Possibly, but I don't think it would help against missing a post
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.