Hello! New to pbp and RPG

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 16, 2021 12:11 am
Hello!

My name is Matt. I'm 42 and never really played RPGs before. Have always been interested since I was a kid in the late 80s and early 90s, but didn't know anyone who played. The desire has never gone away, but as an adult it seems liken is even harder to get into a live group! So thats why I'm checking out this pbp thing. Seems like a good option.

So! Hoping to find some good people to play with who can hopefully be patient with an old dude looking to learn both role playing and pbp at the same time. PROBABLY looking to playe 5e since that seems to be the most prevalent and mainstream. Also i have a hard copy of the players book, etc.

Though, I am curious about OSR, since that type of play sounds fun and reminiscent of what I at least thought that ttrpg was like when I was young.

Anyhow, hello!
Dec 16, 2021 12:18 am
Welcome mattchee. D&D 5e is undoubtedly the most popular system played here. I hope you find a great game and learn to love the hobby like so many of us do.

If you don't find a game by the weekend, give me a shout and we'll figure that out together.
Dec 16, 2021 12:19 am
And shout loud, I think Qralloq has a hearing problem.
Dec 16, 2021 12:28 am
Hello and welcome to GP!
Dec 16, 2021 12:36 am
Welcome to GP!
Dec 16, 2021 12:45 am
Hey there! Welcome!
Dec 16, 2021 2:19 am
Welcome aboard!

Len

Dec 16, 2021 2:39 am
Welcome to the community, Matt!
Dec 16, 2021 2:46 am
Howdy! Welcome to the site.
Dec 16, 2021 3:18 am
Hello and welcome!
Dec 16, 2021 3:51 am
Welcome to the community, Matt!
Dec 16, 2021 4:15 am
Welcome to GP and the hobby, mattchee! Awesome that you're deciding to dive in, PbP is a fabulous way to play RPGs. If you get the itch to also try and play live / virtually (over Zoom, Discord, ROll20, etc.), speak up. There are lots of gaming communities you can connect into.
Dec 16, 2021 5:52 am
Welcome, Matt!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules and this video introduction made by user Qralloq. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

I also run a beginner's game as a quick introduction to GamersPlane and play-by-post, if you're interested.

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Dec 16, 2021 6:16 am
Welcome fellow rpg rookie. You're in for a treat.
Dec 16, 2021 8:03 am
Welcome to GP! I suspect you'll enjoy your time here, lots of good people :D
Dec 16, 2021 8:11 am
Welcome Aboard!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.