2.0 - The Shiny Cube

load previous
Apr 25, 2017 7:30 pm
As you settle down, your conversation done, the Pantorans wait a few extra minutes before re-appearing. "We heard your conversation stop. Is now a good time to continue?"
Apr 25, 2017 7:34 pm
"We think so."
Last edited April 25, 2017 7:42 pm
Apr 26, 2017 5:09 am
We're interested in your offer, but we're going to need an advance on our payment. 50% now, 50% at job completion.
OOC:
let me know the difficulty and I'll roll negotiation
May 3, 2017 3:38 am
Mr. Shen frowns. "I'm afraid that's somewhat difficult to make happen. We're talking about a gem that will likely sell for hundreds of thousands of credits. And we're going to steal them. If I had them already I wouldn't need to steal them -- so it would make giving you half of your share -- of an unknown auction price -- extremely difficult to do."

He considers. "Perhaps we can agree to some... operating expenses? Anything more aggressive and I'll need to rethink the split of the proceeds to represent the risk."
OOC:
Sorry -- a roll here wouldn't have helped much -- but if you want to roll a negotiation against his Cool to score a decent retainer without risk of a smaller cut... You'll need 3 red, 1 purple.
May 3, 2017 4:03 pm
OOC:
flipping a light side point to downgrade one of those reds....
we would have to have a serious offer for retainer. This crew doesn't start a job with nothing to show for it, after all...
OOC:
three threats!? maybe we're being more difficult than he expected, so he'll give us a retainer, but future negotiations will be harder
Last edited May 3, 2017 4:05 pm

Rolls

negotiate

3 Success, 1 Advantage, 2 Failure, 4 Threat

Total: 1 Success, 3 Threat

May 8, 2017 3:05 am
I continue eating. When it appears that some serious discussions are happening, I turn to Fuzil and shrug my shoulders.
May 8, 2017 3:53 pm
Fuzil will shrugs back and points to the seasoning shaker and gives it a thumbs up as he is chewing on his food also.

It's nice to have another foody with us... he thinks
Jun 4, 2017 5:47 pm
Arend considers Mala's statement. "Fair enough" he says. "I'm willing to give you a little bit of a retainer -- but I'll get to keep an extra share of the proceeds. And I hope I don't find myself haggled at every turn as our endeavor unfolds. We must act with some speed and consistency. There won't be time to renegotiate this."

He looks at you all, "Is that general framework acceptable?"
Jun 5, 2017 2:42 pm
Akhrirar nods "As long as you're not handing us 5 credits and a scratch off ticket..."
Jun 7, 2017 3:48 am
Shen smiles, "Indeed. Toydarian largesse was not my intent.". He looks to consider and looks at his daughter. "Given how much the jewel is worth I'm comfortable with a 10,000 credit up-front retainer..."
Jun 7, 2017 7:51 pm
we understand each other. Now, let's get down to business...
Jun 8, 2017 3:12 am
Shen nods -- "My daughter can answer what questions you might have. Alas, I have some urgent business to tend to."
OOC:
Questions?
Jun 8, 2017 10:55 am
Fuzil stands up and looks at what Xenia and he ate. that was quite filling he thinks.

Thank you for you hospitality. You have been quite generous. he smiles as he whipes his face. Tuning to Ahk So are we all good here? he asks since he wasn't listening to anything that was going ok.
OOC:
i am guessing the table looks like this between Xenia and I http://i1372.photobucket.com/albums/ag326/Kjmagle/D67ABF6F-DA9C-4258-9BAE-A689A9FA774D_zps0qrdythi.jpg
Last edited June 8, 2017 11:02 am
Jun 8, 2017 12:22 pm
"For the most part, next is recon and information gathering. The daughter seems to be assisting somewhat." Akhrirar explains to Fuzil.

"The guys following you around the market to talk with you. Who they working for so we can be mindful of the situation here."
Jun 9, 2017 4:08 am
OOC:
Note that you can ask some stuff about the job too if you like.
Aris smiles, "Oh. Them." A pause. "They work for my husband. They're supposedly protecting me, but truthfully I think he's just keeping tabs on what I'm doing and who I'm with. I've never really been one to kowtow to any's demands -- even my husband's"
Jun 9, 2017 12:11 pm
"Huh... well onto the job any intel on the buyers and big players coming in for the auction and do they have any known bad blood history, a layout of the museum and the area around it, and any tools for the hack or an actual Slicer would be nice. Peps any questions?" Akhrirar asks before looking to the rest.
Jun 9, 2017 7:28 pm
Fuzil head perks up. Tools would be nice. Our equipment is kinda old and a lil dated. he states.

Not to mention Lin did sell some my stuff to bet on a "sure thing". he thinks
Last edited June 9, 2017 7:28 pm
Jun 10, 2017 2:06 pm
As Akhrirar ticks various things off his list, the Pantoran woman responds.

"There are seven potential bidders in all. Kaltho the Hutt, Shreya Ordassa, Mil Mikkir, Pos Podura, Zekra Fol, Elaiza and Vorse Tabarith -- my husband. We don't know much about them -- and suspect some legwork will be involved for you to figure out how to best manipulate them so we make the most money."

She pauses to consider, "As to the layout -- I think that's something you'll also have to get for yourself. And surely one of you has some slicing skills?"
Jun 12, 2017 4:57 pm
Fuzil waves is hand with a smile I have a lil l background in electronic thingys.
load next

Thread locked