Hello, all!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 3, 2022 9:19 pm
Just wandering around the Internet lookin for stuff to do—I wish I’d found this site during my bout with Covid a couple weeks ago but alas!

I’m Andrew, I’m from New York, and I like both writing and socializing, and here the twain seem to meet~

I’m constantly coming up with new character ideas for the systems I know (which, perhaps unsurprisingly, are mostly D&D 5e and a number of PbtAs/FitDs) and daydreaming about the ones I don’t, so hopefully I’ll get to play something with all of you.

Thank you for reading my extremely cringe post.
Jan 3, 2022 9:21 pm
hello and welcome
You will surely find a game or two
Jan 3, 2022 9:22 pm
akorn says:
Thank you for reading my extremely cringe post.
We all started somewhere - don't worry about it ;)
Jan 3, 2022 9:24 pm
Welcome to GP, akorn! Lots of 5e played here, and we could always use more PbtA and FitD -- good luck finding or running a game!
Jan 3, 2022 9:27 pm
Thanks, you [swiftly checks pronouns] guys!

DMing is definitely a longterm goal for me—I think it especially suits people like myself who are constantly coming up with new characters, haha, and learning the ropes as a player has, I feel, been really helpful in figuring out what I’d like to be like on the other side of the proverbial screen. At this point I feel I could probably manage a 5e module, particularly something Adventurer’s League (a type of play that isn’t for everyone but whose portability I love), but likely not much more than that.

Enough navel-gazing though, now I’m gonna try game-looking 🤪
Jan 3, 2022 9:33 pm
🐋come fellow millennial. You're in for a treat.
Jan 3, 2022 9:46 pm
Welcome to GP fellow New Yorker!
Jan 3, 2022 10:08 pm
Just got here and I’ve already got two fellows! Let’s goooo!!!!!
Jan 3, 2022 10:51 pm
Welcome, fellow Earthling!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

I also run a beginner's game as a quick introduction to GamersPlane and play-by-post, if you're interested.

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!

I love your profile picture, by the way 😆
Jan 3, 2022 10:54 pm
welcome akorn!
Jan 3, 2022 11:07 pm
Welcome akorn!
Jan 3, 2022 11:17 pm
Welcome Aboard!

Len

Jan 3, 2022 11:32 pm
Welcome to the community!
Jan 3, 2022 11:34 pm
Hello and welcome!
Jan 4, 2022 12:15 am
Thanks all!

Bowl (can I call you Bowl???), definitely interested in the beginner’s game! I’ve clicked the funny Apply button!
Last edited January 4, 2022 12:16 am
Jan 4, 2022 3:19 am
Welcome akorn! Bowls game will set you up good for understanding how this PBP thing works, plus it's a fun adventure on its own.
Jan 4, 2022 5:46 am
Hello and welcome to GP! Lots of friendly people and a whole host of great tools are here, ripe for enjoying some PbP games.
Jan 4, 2022 9:11 am
Welcome!
Jan 4, 2022 1:34 pm
Welcome to the community, akorn!
Jan 4, 2022 5:45 pm
Love seeing ppl call out FitD! It can be a challenging system for pbp, but manageable.

Welcome!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.