[Closed][D&D 5e Vignettes]: Under Waterdeep

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

ClosedDungeons & Dragons 5thPrivate5 / weekrunekyndig
Attention lady's, gentlemen, and barbarian spacemonkeies!

Fryanna has the word! The lord commander sits down as a blue-winged fairy explains the situation.

Something is wrong under Waterdeep. A group of adventures has entered a vault hidden under Waterdeep, and we divined the outcome to be an influx of gold to the city just when the economy needs it most. This has not happened. The adventures have not returned and we fear they have failed to perform according to the divination.

We want you 4 to go down into the vault and sort this mess out.

Jan 8, 2022 10:45 am
https://images-ext-2.discordapp.net/external/yFkxwTDVEA90N7yC_7Rn9zvWgVWUNUMgORF5VlXrhqE/%3F1429417007/https/db4sgowjqfwig.cloudfront.net/campaigns/94871/assets/449737/council.jpg?width=1202&height=676

✅ The Pitch. Attention lady's, gentlemen, and barbarian spacemonkeies!

Fryanna has the word!
The lord commander sits down as a blue-winged fairy explains the situation.

Something is wrong under Waterdeep. A group of adventures has entered a vault hidden under Waterdeep, and we divined the outcome to be an influx of gold to the city just when the economy needs it most. This has not happened. The adventures have not returned and we fear they have failed to perform according to the divination.

We want you 4 to go down into the vault and sort this mess out.

✅ Vignette, what does that mean? This is a Vignette where we are cutting right to the chase. We just play a very small part of a larger adventure. A small dungeon, a confrontation with the mastermind, ect.
This is a small dungeon where there is a bit of exploration and then a confrontation, where you sort out the mess the previous adventure party made. Don't slip in it, or the remains of the previous adventure party. There won't be character growth or untangling of mysteries, just the final of an adventure.

✅ The Game System and Rules Version. Dungeons and Dragons 5th edition

✅ Character Restrictions. Stats generated with Point buy. Level 15 (multiclass allowed). Source material: Anything published by Wizards of the coast is automatically allowed. Unearthed Acana and anything else, swing it by me first.

✅ Game Duration and Post Frequency. This will be a short game. Post frequency is 5 posts pr week minimum

✅ Specialized Software and Resources. None required, but as this is a high-level game, I would deeply appreciate it if characters were made on DnDbeyond for easy reference.

✅ Player Experience Requirements. This should not be your first D&D game. There is a ton of choices in the character creation process making such a high-level character.

✅ How to Apply. I will select players based on interest shown here or by PM.
OOC:
Q: Hey Runekyndig, haven't you done this before?
A: Yes I have and that is why Adam, HeroAmongMen, W4yw0rd and Len, cant join this time
✅ Marginalized Groups Welcome. This game is explicitly friendly to LGBT and any other minorities or marginalized groups.

✅ Adult Content or Controversial Themes. Greed and angry reptiles.

Last edited January 10, 2022 8:48 am
Jan 8, 2022 11:05 am
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Leeeeeeroy Jenkins!

We had a blast when Runekyndig last ran this vignette and it took us about a month to play from start to finish. Runekyndig handled the maps and complexity of level 15 combat like a pro.

Five stars. Would recommend to anyone wanting to try out a high-level 5e character.
Jan 8, 2022 4:35 pm
This just sounds to awesome to let it go by. ME! Choose me!

If you are okay with about 4 honest posts a week, I am very interested. At the moment I will be going on a holiday with the boys in february for about 10 days, as fare as covid doesn`t change our plans.

Would be interested in playing a heroic eldritch knight/bladesong wizard.
Jan 8, 2022 5:04 pm
I'm in as well. Absolutely. Only played lvl 20 in one-shot which were more like a joke, but never normal game with character above 10, this would be a nice experience to have

Len

Jan 8, 2022 7:08 pm
Yes, this was a fun adventure! 10/10. And I want to give another 10/10 to soises, who has been an excellent player in our Witchlight game.
Jan 8, 2022 10:17 pm
soises says:
If you are okay with about 4 honest posts a week
No worries there :) We'll figure it out together
GreyWord says:
I'm in as well. Absolutely. Only played lvl 20 in one-shot which were more like a joke, but never normal game with character above 10, this would be a nice experience to have
That is precisely why I am doing this. The Vignettes are perfect for trying out some of the higher levels

@soises and @GreyWord have both been invited
Jan 8, 2022 11:25 pm
Would love to have a "no development needed" barbarian to rampage with!
Jan 9, 2022 5:05 pm
Sounds great! I would like to try a high level character. I'm new to this forum, but not to DnD. Currently I'm interested in playing a ranger or some kind of druid.
Jan 9, 2022 6:56 pm
Invites sent to Adrasthea and Dramasailor.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.