Chapter 5: The Robot Factory

load previous
Jan 24, 2022 11:56 pm
"Yeah," he says, "All of that. We some good things, helped a lot of people I think...I hope." He lifts his head and scans those assembled for any sign of the kids from the Black Hole. "I hope their okay," he says, "Kristina, Jonas, and the others."
Jan 25, 2022 12:24 am
"You think we should look for Mia and her father? See if they need help with anything?" she asks.

Kajsa Roos

bowlofspinach

Jan 25, 2022 11:25 am
Kajsa Roos
"Help?", Kajsa asks in a surprised tone. She's not quite as wrecked as you all are. While she hasn't slept much more than any of you because of worry, at least she didn't have to go through all that exhausting physical exercise and intense stress of your daring escape last night. "I'm really glad things went the way they did yesterday. You did well, definitely." She nods at all of you appreciatively. "But let's not forget, our rektor poisoned the students of the school, whether he wanted to or not! And he murdered someone a decade ago. What are we going to do about that? Krafta also saw you as you messed up their plans. I can bet you that they won't be happy about that!"
Jan 26, 2022 9:19 am
"I...I don't know," Mikael says quietly. "It's like what happened to Mark all over again. I don't like the idea of any of them getting away with this, I can't stand it." Mikael sits now upright, he looks angry, but takes a deep breath. "I don't know if this is place to talk about it," he relents, "But we need to talk about it." Now in a quieter voice, he asks the other, "We have proof this time though, don't we - the documents? The photo of Järnek with the other two? We have to be able to use that somehow. Hell, the guy was gonna off himself, maybe we can talk him into confessing? "
Jan 26, 2022 9:22 am
"We definitely need to have a meet with Fröken Tannebaum and share what we discovered. Show her the photo we found and Rektor Järnek's admission of guilt regarding her mother." Sabine adds her weight to Kajsa's words of concern. "She would have a better chance of getting the authorities to track down these Prophets and see them to justice than we. She has her mother's research to back her up. I wish there was some way Krafta could be held responsible too."
Last edited January 26, 2022 9:27 am
Jan 26, 2022 11:48 am
"Yes... Louise must know," she nods in agreement. "Did anyone get her phone number? Or is it another trip to her tower due, after school. Mind you, the Krafta goons at checkpoints will be even happier to catch us than they were yesterday..." she thinks out loud.

KCC

Jan 26, 2022 1:27 pm
"Theres always the boat…" KCC Henry couldn’t quite recall if he had set the boat back properly. He was sure he must have.

"We could use it again, to cross the river away from the patrols!"

He looks at the crutches…

"Might be better to leave it a while. It’ll be tough to make our way there on crutches!"
Jan 26, 2022 1:38 pm
OOC:
You didn't return the boat as you never went back that same way. But you only used it to cross to the other side of the river and didn't hide it so while the Jagerhons probably noticed that someone broke into their shed and used their boat, they most likely have it back now
Jan 26, 2022 10:35 pm
She follows Henry's gaze to her crutches. "Yeah. I kind of overdid it, in those tunnels... I'm not exactly a sprinter, with these."

She thinks for a moment. "We know where Louise lives, and her surname. We should check the phonebook."
Jan 26, 2022 11:07 pm
OOC:
We found Louise from our research and her address from a phone book, IIRC. We should then have her phone number.
Jan 26, 2022 11:27 pm
OOC:
You have her phone number, I'd say.

So, for wrapping up this episode: You're going to let Louise know about Järnek. Are you telling anyone else about your findings?
Jan 27, 2022 9:23 am
OOC:
I wouldn't want to expose us to the authorities and anyone attached to Krafta (beyond the three agents who may have seen something by their flashlights in the dark tunnels while pursuing us) without more proof than simply our say and an old photo. If Louise's evidence, combined with our little bit to tie the Rektor to the murder, the Prophets, and Krafta goes somewhere, then I think we have something. I think Louise would be taken seriously, where as we would not without her backing.
Last edited January 27, 2022 9:24 am
Jan 27, 2022 1:19 pm
OOC:
agree. Consult with Louise before revealing anything. She'll blow the whistle if she sees it's enough evidence. She'd definitely be taken more seriously than a bunch of teens
Jan 27, 2022 3:50 pm
OOC:
I agree with the above. Louise first, then more if needed. I think there is enough to get Järnek to either turn himself in, or hold over his head in some fashion.
Jan 27, 2022 7:56 pm
You decide that this case is more likely to be brought to proper justice if you let Louise handle it. She's been working on exposing the prophets for many years. Plus, she is an adult, who will be more trusted by the police than you would.
So you wait through the day until school finally lets out in the afternoon, at which point you call Louise. She immediately agrees to come to Stenhamra to meet you and before the day is over, you are all sitting together in the backroom of Hål i Öronmask and you tell her everything you found out, from the nature of the Ugliness to Järnek's involvement to his confession about killing Louise's mother when she was threatening to expose them.

Louise takes the information well, noting down what she can. She appears very grim and focused and she promises that she'll continue to build the case, using the information you uncovered, including the names and photos of the prophets, before then making sure they'll all be arrested as soon as the case is watertight.
After this day, normalcy very slowly returns to Stenhamra and to your school. The physical ailments of those affected by the Ugliness take weeks to fully return to normal, so on Saint Lucy's Day, many students are still hiding in baggy clothes and hoodies. The celebration is very solemn compared to previous years.

Järnek doesn't return to work for the rest of the year. He's not hiding, as you see him around town from time to time, but he doesn't appear willing to return to the school. He also hasn't turned himself in to the police but Mia tells you that he has been in contact with Louise, giving her information about the prophets and telling her everything about what they did in the '80s.

Jonas stays away from school for the rest of the year as well. As you check up on him, you find that he is back to normal as well but he seems to be having trouble readjusting to things how they were. His mother tells you that he will be coming back to school in the new year.

Krafta's presence slowly diminishes again in Stenhamra. Their agents stay around the school for a while to observe the symptoms of the Ugliness disappearing but with their experiment failed, they seem to be cutting their losses.
Occasionally, one of you notices a black van parked near your house or by your place of work but you are not approached by any Krafta agents. So far.
Rumors of your involvement in the curing of the Ugliness spread quickly and soon, you find yourselves quite a bit more popular than you were, especially among the elite of the student body who made up a large part of the infected group.
You might not be the coolest kids in school, but you kind of are heroes.

The End

You do not have permission to post in this thread.