Hi, Everybody!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 10, 2022 3:49 pm
I'm doctor Nick Riviera!

I'm new to this site, much like all the other people who post in this subforum, and I'm just sort of in the 'looking around confusedly' phase.

I'm familiar with a lot of systems, but my personal favorites thus far are the various iterations of Dungeons and Dragons and Pathfinder, as well as some of the 'universal' systems like Savage Worlds.

Uhhh... I donno, character archetypes I enjoy are gishes (For those not familiar, mixed martial skill and spellcasting characters) and have a penchant for making scholars and doctors for some reason, I've never actually thought about why. I play a lot of Humans because I started in 2e and everybody kept telling me not to, so I did it out of spite anyway. I also like to play monstrous creatures, and oddities (Someone asked me to play an angry cloud once, as an example. I said yes, because I had never been an angry cloud before)

I'm not looking for anything super particular at the moment, just sort of general aimless searching in case I find something neat that I like the... cut of the jib of? Sure that seems grammatically awful enough to be technically correct.

I don't know what else to say so I'm gonna post this and let people ask me questions and say hello, now!
Last edited January 10, 2022 3:49 pm
Jan 10, 2022 3:51 pm
Welcome!
Jan 10, 2022 3:53 pm
Welcome Kyre! If you have any questions about what you're seeing or not seeing in the site, let us know. I've put up a couple videos on YouTube to help describe the intended experience (look for Gamers exPlane) that might help.
Jan 10, 2022 4:06 pm
Welcome, Kyre!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

I also run a beginner's game as a quick introduction to GamersPlane and play-by-post, if you're interested.

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Jan 10, 2022 4:11 pm
Hi Kyre. Welcome to GP!
Jan 10, 2022 4:12 pm
Kyre says:
I play a lot of Humans because I started in 2e and everybody kept telling me not to, so I did it out of spite anyway. I also like to play monstrous creatures, and oddities (Someone asked me to play an angry cloud once, as an example. I said yes, because I had never been an angry cloud before)
Wonderfull! I love people who like humans and things like Angry Clouds and Mop Buckets Tales From The Glass Gaurded World podcast reference.
Jan 10, 2022 4:12 pm
No worries, it seems like a pretty easy to figure out setup for the most part. I did not know there was a discord server, though, that's good to know!

And a thank you to everyone who has said hi or welcome ā™„
Last edited January 10, 2022 4:12 pm
Jan 10, 2022 4:18 pm
šŸ‹come to GP. You're in for a treat.
Jan 10, 2022 4:21 pm
Welcome Aboard!

Nothing wrong with playing humans by preference. Sometimes you just don't need a weird hook to make a character.
Jan 10, 2022 4:22 pm
Welcome, Kyre! I love off-the-wall characters and/or generic humans, as well. Hope you find a jibbish game soon!
Jan 10, 2022 5:05 pm
Welcome to GP! And an angry cloud character sounds amazing btw!
Jan 10, 2022 5:19 pm
Welcome! Everybody is super nice here, it rocks.
Jan 10, 2022 5:26 pm
Hi. DnD and Savage Worlds are both pretty active here. Pull up a chair, you shouldn't have to wait too long for a game.

Until then, maybe try out BoS's tutorial?
Jan 10, 2022 5:35 pm
Yeah, definitely do the tutorial! Itā€™s great, and Iā€™d never tried a system using dice pools before.

Len

Jan 11, 2022 12:52 am
Welcome to the community, Kyre!
Jan 11, 2022 4:33 am
Welcome, Kyre!
Jan 11, 2022 6:30 am
Hey there Dr. Riviera Kyre, welcome to Gamersplane and one of the coolest ways there is to play RPGs! Hope to see you around in a game!
Jan 12, 2022 10:50 pm
Hello and welcome!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.