Start here?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 11, 2022 9:30 am
Hi Gamers Planers! I guess I'm supposed to start here with an introduction, so... Hello! I've read a bunch of the newbie guides and I think I kind of have a sense of how this works. I've played PbP post games before, so that part is pretty much covered. Been playing RPGs off and on since the 70's, and I kept collecting them long after my face to face groups grew up and moved on to other things.

I'm particularly interested in trying some of the smaller press / indie games out there, but might be tempted to play Savage Worlds and maybe even WFRP. I've played enough DnD and Pathfinder to last a good while - been there, done that, etc. - and in general just not a fan of d20 systems.

Not sure what else to put here, so I'll sign off here.
Jan 11, 2022 9:46 am
Great Scott! Welcome to the community, FluxCapacitor!
Jan 11, 2022 9:47 am
Welcome, Flux!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

I also run a beginner's game as a quick introduction to GamersPlane and play-by-post, if you're interested.

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Jan 11, 2022 11:04 am
Welcome FluxCapacitor.

Are you mainly into fantasy games? Most of what you listed is 'fantasy' but Savage Worlds can be other things. What are you interested in?
Jan 11, 2022 12:49 pm
welcome
Jan 11, 2022 1:11 pm
Welcome Aboard!

Don't be afraid to test out the waters and see if anyone is currently running or interested in running any of the games you're interested in playing. GP has a pretty wide range of players, GMs and games.
Jan 11, 2022 2:08 pm
Welcome to GP! I'm a fan of small press, indie games and Savage Worlds too. Glad to have you aboard.
Jan 11, 2022 2:09 pm
Hello and welcome, Flux!
Jan 11, 2022 2:23 pm
Welcome to GP, Flux! My dance card for games is full right now, but I love trying new systems! I hope we can try out some indie games together sometime!

Len

Jan 11, 2022 3:45 pm
Welcome to the community!
Jan 11, 2022 4:13 pm
Welcome!
Jan 11, 2022 4:40 pm
Howdy! I'm hoping to initiate an indie mystery game soon, so stay tuned.
Jan 12, 2022 12:10 am
Welcome, FluxCapacitor! And don't worry, loads of different games are being played on GP, including lots of small press and indie stuff...
Jan 12, 2022 12:39 am
Welcome FluxCapacitor. I suddenly wonder if there is an official Back to the Future(tm) game... hmm, doesn't look like it.
Jan 12, 2022 6:18 am
Qralloq says:
I suddenly wonder if there is an official Back to the Future(tm) game... hmm, doesn't look like it.
That's heavy!
Jan 12, 2022 1:50 pm
Welcome flux....from the future
Jan 12, 2022 3:02 pm
I just looked up at one of the charts blu-tacked in my office and saw this badge pinned there:

https://i.imgur.com/1swNfVu.jpg

I have no idea how that badge got there. Gamers' Plane data has leaked into my IRL. That's spooky.

Welcome to the transdimensional reality-hopping entity known as FluxCapacitor.
Jan 12, 2022 10:51 pm
Hello and welcome!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.