Greetings!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 16, 2022 11:47 am
Hello, everyone! I don't have a lot of experience with roleplaying in general, but I've always been intrigued by the concept. I'd like to explore the Alien RPG from Free League in the future, either as a player or GM. I think PBP is the best option given my unorthodox schedule.

EDIT: I came here after discovering Qralloq's Youtube channel.
Last edited January 16, 2022 11:49 am
Jan 16, 2022 11:53 am
Ohai there! I welcome thee. What are you interested in? I assume sci-fi/ horror from your Alien RPG interest.
I haven't come across it; talk me into it. :)
Jan 16, 2022 11:54 am
Welcome, Surrealist!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq (which you might already know then) and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

I also accepted you into the tutorial game now and set things up. Let me know if you find everything okay there.

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Jan 16, 2022 12:03 pm
Antiproduct says:
Ohai there! I welcome thee. What are you interested in? I assume sci-fi/ horror from your Alien RPG interest.
I haven't come across it; talk me into it. :)
I'm also possibly interested in playing Mothership or Call of Cthulu. The new Bladerunner RPG coming out sounds cool too!
Jan 16, 2022 12:04 pm
The YouTube is doing something beyond entertainment! Welcome!
Jan 16, 2022 12:05 pm
bowlofspinach says:
Welcome, Surrealist!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq (which you might already know then) and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

I also accepted you into the tutorial game now and set things up. Let me know if you find everything okay there.

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
bowlofspinach says:
Welcome, Surrealist!

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Wow! Thanks a bunch. I watched the tutorial video and read through the introduction tutorial. I think the actual Tales from the Loop game will help me get a feel for the site as well.
Jan 16, 2022 12:08 pm
A Surrealist welcome to you

https://i.imgur.com/2yI1iyJ.png
Jan 16, 2022 12:09 pm
welcome
Jan 16, 2022 1:16 pm
Welcome Aboard!
Jan 16, 2022 2:12 pm
Hello and welcome!
Jan 16, 2022 3:10 pm
Welcome! Call of Cthulhu is a really fun game, and I would like to try running a Mothership game at some point, too!
Jan 16, 2022 3:22 pm
Welcome! As a fellow unorthodox schedule person I feel like this is the right place 🤪

Len

Jan 16, 2022 3:39 pm
Welcome to the community!
Jan 16, 2022 5:05 pm
Welcome to GP, Surrealist38! A few of us are indeed playing Alien, and it's a solid choice for PbP play. Hope to see you around!
Jan 16, 2022 5:15 pm
Welcome to GP, Surrealist38!
Jan 16, 2022 5:41 pm
Surrealist38 says:
Hello, everyone! I don't have a lot of experience with roleplaying in general, but I've always been intrigued by the concept. I'd like to explore the Alien RPG from Free League in the future, either as a player or GM. I think PBP is the best option given my unorthodox schedule.

That's interesting. How did you find the channel? Was it searching for play by post?

I've had a hankering to play Alien, too. If you need any help arranging that, feel free to contact me.
Jan 16, 2022 6:53 pm
Welcome!
Jan 16, 2022 7:27 pm
Qralloq says:
Surrealist38 says:

That's interesting. How did you find the channel? Was it searching for play by post?

I've had a hankering to play Alien, too. If you need any help arranging that, feel free to contact me.
I found the channel through a reddit post/comment regarding PBP. It was a response to someone else who recently created a Youtube tutorial channel about PBPing.
Last edited January 16, 2022 7:28 pm
Jan 16, 2022 7:29 pm
Harrigan says:
Welcome to GP, Surrealist38! A few of us are indeed playing Alien, and it's a solid choice for PbP play. Hope to see you around!
I thought it might be because of Year Zero Engine.
Jan 16, 2022 7:30 pm
Surrealist38 says:
I found the channel through a reddit post/comment regarding PBP. It was a response to someone else who recently created a Youtube tutorial channel about PBPing.
You found it through the exactly one and only time I have mentioned the channel outside of the GP community! Very cool.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.