Hello

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jan 17, 2022 7:50 pm
Hello everyone. I saw a link to this website on Reddit and thought I would check it out. I enjoy "theater of the mind" style gameplay and given the Covid situation, the options to play online have grown in appeal. So, officially I say, "Hello."

I'm going to take a peek around the site and check things out.

Then hopefully, some of us will game together soon. Thanks and stay safe out there.
Jan 17, 2022 7:51 pm
Hello! I saw a comment on Reddit too—everyone’s been very welcoming and cool here, so I’m sure you’ll dig! Welcome~
Jan 17, 2022 7:54 pm
Welcome, eclectic.samurai!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

I also run a beginner's game as a quick introduction to GamersPlane and play-by-post, if you're interested.

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Jan 17, 2022 7:55 pm
I 🐋 come thee aboard. May your dice never fail you.
Jan 17, 2022 7:59 pm
Welcome to GP!
Jan 17, 2022 8:04 pm
Welcome eclectic.samurai. What kind of games are you most hoping to find?
Jan 17, 2022 8:05 pm
Welcome! Likewise, hope to enjoy a game with you soon!
Jan 17, 2022 8:16 pm
Qralloq says:
Welcome eclectic.samurai. What kind of games are you most hoping to find?
Great question! I would love to play anything other than typical high fantasy. :)
Jan 17, 2022 8:17 pm
Hello and welcome!
Jan 17, 2022 10:02 pm
Welcome Aboard!
Jan 17, 2022 11:30 pm
Welcome to GP!
Jan 17, 2022 11:35 pm
Hello and welcome! There's a lot of variety of games here, so you're sure to find some non-fantasy games around. I love fantasy, but I'm a big sci-fi and horror fan myself.

Len

Jan 17, 2022 11:37 pm
Welcome to the community, eclectic.samurai!
Jan 18, 2022 1:22 am
Welcome!
Jan 18, 2022 2:08 am
Greetings! Hope you find a game very soon.
Jan 18, 2022 2:45 am
Hello dare!
Jan 18, 2022 9:07 am
Welcome to the community, eclectic.samurai!
Jan 18, 2022 12:15 pm
Welcome!
Jan 18, 2022 12:33 pm
Data says:
Hello and welcome! There's a lot of variety of games here, so you're sure to find some non-fantasy games around. I love fantasy, but I'm a big sci-fi and horror fan myself.
That's great! Nothing against Fantasy, I rather enjoy it, but Horror, Cyberpunk, Steampunk, or Sci-Fi would be a welcome change for me.
Jan 18, 2022 10:20 pm
You know, I've never played a proper steampunk game, though I've always loved the aesthetic. I've always wanted to run a "Around The World In 80 Days" style adventure/exploration game set in a steampunk world with one of those flying blimp/hot-air balloon ships.

I'm full up with games at the moment, but my Call of Cthulhu oneshots are nearly done (we're right at the climax for both, very exciting) - so I'll probably have to start up another horror-themed RP to fill that void once it's done.

This site is really good at getting people games if you ask for them!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.