Chapter Four: The Manifest of the Harikan Squall

load previous
Nov 2, 2016 9:07 pm
"Ah, the Golden Worm," Martjan says. "I was four or five, I think, when that all happened, but I remember it well -- my parents were scared out of their wits that they'd come for us. It was such a strange affair. The head of the Chirurgeon's Guild started preaching in the streets, saying he'd gone for a walk deep into the woods and encountered a great golden worm that sent him visions, and the long and short of it was that the Mezians and their gods were going to destroy Bload, that we never should have been allowed in, and that native Bloaders needed to rise up and drive us out. And his sect grew and grew, and then there were murders, and then one night there was a march on the New Temple District, and there was killing in the streets, and many homes and temples were burned.

"But, that was as bad as it got. Their prophet died in the riots that night, and within a year the remaining leaders of the sect were rounded up, and many of its followers quietly went back to their normal lives."
Nov 3, 2016 2:25 am
Quote:
"Well, when it was happening, it was a lot less exciting and a lot more terrifying." Leth comments.
Domarc grins. "The trick is all in the telling. In the right hands it should be terrifying, thrilling, triumphant and capture the truth of those that lived it. It is a complex and subtle thing."
Nov 3, 2016 11:37 am
Maybe we should find an inn that won't ask too many questions and take a rest now?
Nov 3, 2016 3:46 pm
While I neglected to cover this with in-game dialogue, you all are welcome to crash here in the servants' quarters as needed.
Nov 3, 2016 4:44 pm
OOC:
I don't mind if we rest now or not, I'm only down one spells slot and a Channel Divinity. Full health.
Nov 3, 2016 6:52 pm
It's still early in the day, how about we rest y'all to full HP/spells and advance the game clock a few hours? Everybody good with that, and ready to proceed to the Temple of Isis afterwards?
Nov 3, 2016 6:54 pm
Zangua palms a few more pastries to store into his pack and finishes his wine, before retiring to the servants' quarters for some rest.
Nov 3, 2016 7:41 pm
Quote:
The serving woman sets a cloth bundle down on the table and turns to depart.
(This contained more pastries, btw.)
Nov 4, 2016 9:40 am
BullOctorok says:
It's still early in the day, how about we rest y'all to full HP/spells and advance the game clock a few hours? Everybody good with that, and ready to proceed to the Temple of Isis afterwards?
Sounds good to me.
Nov 4, 2016 2:47 pm
Yeah, I think everyone is a little more beat up/resource drained than I am, so it makes sense
Nov 4, 2016 3:52 pm
Any last questions for Zora and/or Martjan before you part ways for now?
Nov 7, 2016 4:45 pm
Anybody around today and ready to proceed?
Nov 7, 2016 5:10 pm
Zangua has no questions. He only gives a silent nod to Zora as he readies to depart with the group, wherever they intend to go.
Nov 7, 2016 5:26 pm
"How do we reconnect when our various errands are done? I don't wish to lead the Pointy Hats to whatever safe haven we have found."
OOC:
Did the bag of gold get left on the table?
Nov 7, 2016 5:46 pm
"We can send Makis Meti to collect Martjan and Zora once we know more." Mordred puts his arm around the young man's shoulders and explains exactly the level of secrecy and speed they will need moving around the city, without divulging the reasons for that secrecy yet.

"The Temple of Isis, please, Makis."
Nov 7, 2016 5:51 pm
Were we taking a long rest as suggested above?
Nov 7, 2016 6:06 pm
Yes, you all rested a couple hours, consider yourselves at full HP and spells.

Chorcarz left the bag of gold on the table.
Nov 9, 2016 9:43 am
Let's assume we scoop up the gold for the party coffers.
Nov 9, 2016 5:52 pm
There are 270 gold pieces in the bag. Adventures will resume tomorrow, probably. I have a bad hangover right now.
Nov 9, 2016 6:07 pm
Take it easy, Octo, but I know I could sure use a good dose of escapism in the near future.
load next

Thread locked