Chapter Four: The Manifest of the Harikan Squall

load previous
Dec 24, 2016 5:56 am
"Mind that one!" shouts Zangua, pointing at Adan from over the guard's shoulder. "He ensorcels the body and summons dark forces. Arrest us all if you want, but do not let him bewitch you!"
Dec 24, 2016 7:12 pm
Everybody gets an early Christmas present: you all have Inspiration.

Felor, Leth, Mordred, it's your turns.
Dec 27, 2016 9:50 pm
While we're waiting for Felor, Leth, and Mordred to shake off their eggnog hangovers and get back in the swing, anybody who's around should feel free to roll checks for whatever passive mental skills they can come up with a justification for -- Perception, Insight, etc.
Dec 27, 2016 10:37 pm
Zangua keeps his eyes on Adan and the false acolyte, wary of another spell being cast by either of them.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+5)

(18) + 5 = 23

Dec 27, 2016 10:50 pm
Out of the corner of his eye, Zangua sees a shadow pass swiftly over the face of the moon.

Felor, Leth, Mordred, it's your turns.
Dec 28, 2016 7:51 pm
Leth, hoping that their connections to important people in the city will be able to eventually get them out of this mess, decides to lay down his weapons. The more innocent we can make ourselves seem, the better...

As he does so, however, he points towards Darux. "We've done nothing wrong and will cooperate. But he is slaying bystanders! These are dangerous men who are lying to your face! You must stop them before they hurt more people!"
29/37 HP
Last edited December 28, 2016 8:04 pm
Dec 28, 2016 8:11 pm
A slow smile spreads across Adan's battered face as Leth lays down his weapons.

Felor and Mordred, you're up!
Jan 3, 2017 10:28 am
Felor nervously glances at Leth, who seems very willing to trust the city guard. He recalls fleeing the Justicars in Sthombo, who supposedly upheld the law but in reality seemed more interested in finding a scapegoat.
Gripping his spear, and holding it aloft, Felor calls upon Fjorgyn again: "Great Fjorgyn, restrain this evil cultist so that justice may be served!"

Case Hold Person on Adan.
HP 15/32
Last edited January 3, 2017 2:57 pm
Jan 3, 2017 3:23 pm
Hi everyone! Octo, can we get an overview of where everyone is and how injured (or not) the NPCs appear to be as a reminder?

Mordred is at 8/23 HP.
Last edited January 3, 2017 3:26 pm
Jan 3, 2017 4:15 pm
OOC:
Zangua is at 37/40, but has a guard facing him in front of Adan and the false acolyte.
Jan 3, 2017 4:48 pm
Darux and Adan are pretty bloodied, but the False Acolyte is only a little scratched up. Here's a rough diagram of the battle map, usual disclaimers about scale and accuracy apply:

http://i.imgur.com/MKT8Z2G.jpg

Edit: "Call not upon your heathen gods!" the priestess roars, but Adan appears to be unaffected regardless. In the silence that follows the priestess' rebuke of Felor's unanswered prayer, there is no warning of what comes next.

Six shards of radiant green light descend from the sky like shooting stars, falling upon the two guards.

Rolls

Adan WIS saving throw - (1d20+3)

(17) + 3 = 20

Magic Missile damage to guard - (3d4+3)

(113) + 3 = 8

Magic Missile damage to charmed guard - (3d4+3)

(113) + 3 = 8

Jan 3, 2017 5:07 pm
Butts, that's against my spell save DC right? Which is 13, so Person not Holded.
Jan 3, 2017 5:11 pm
Dang, so I might have been able to outright kill Adan after all...
Jan 3, 2017 5:15 pm
The guards are knocked to the ground, howling and writhing in pain. Something swoops down from the sky, landing swiftly but light-footedly beside Adan.

It's a man in a long, silky black cloak, perhaps forty years old, with long brown hair parted down the middle and large, intense blue eyes under a heavy brow. He glances down at the fallen guards, then over at the party.

"Adan, Adan. Why do you get us into such messes?" he asks.

Edit: Party members, any of you may take an action now. Please note that if you attack the flying man, you do so at Disadvantage.

Rolls

Flying Man initiative - (1d20+2)

(7) + 2 = 9

Jan 3, 2017 5:34 pm
"They've attacked the guards!" shouts Zangua, using this opportunity to launch another series of blows against Adan. This time, Zangua strikes to kill, slashing out with the blade of his handaxe and thrusting with his club.

Rolls

Club vs Adan, Damage - (1d20+6, 1d4+4)

1d20+6 : (5) + 6 = 11

1d4+4 : (4) + 4 = 8

Handaxe vs Adan, Damage - (1d20+6, 1d6+4)

1d20+6 : (17) + 6 = 23

1d6+4 : (5) + 4 = 9

Jan 3, 2017 5:37 pm
A dracula!

"Mordred my friend, it looks like you could use some help." Touching his hand to Mordred's brow, Felor mumbles a healing incantation. Turning to face the interloper, Felor reaches the same hand out and says "And I smite thee, demon!".

Cast Cure Wounds on Mordred using a level 2 spell slot.
Cast Sacred Flame (cantrip) at the dracula (target must succeed on a Dexterity saving throw or take 1d8 radiant damage).

Rolls

Cure Wounds (lvl 2 slot) - (2d8+5)

(18) + 5 = 14

Sacred Flame damage (radiant) if applicable - (1d8)

(4) = 4

Jan 3, 2017 5:54 pm
Zangua leaps over the injured guards and shoves past the black-cloaked man to attack Adan, swinging at air with his club but bringing his axe down hard on Adan's clavicle. The false acolyte holds him tightly by the shoulders from behind, dragging him back, repetitively chanting in a sonorous voice. Even as blood pours down his front, Adan keeps his eyes on Zangua and a hard grip on the catchpole.

Edit: The black-cloaked man's shoulder suddenly bursts into flame. He gives it a quizzical look. "I don't like these people, Adan. Best to fly. We have what we need; the greater work beckons." He pats the flame down. Adan lets go of the catchpole with one hand and starts to make little gestures with it as he mutters something through bloodied lips.

"What is this!? What is this!? Stop, please! This violence must end!" the priestess begs you all. Her cry goes unheard by the angry mob descending upon Darux.

Edit 2: Darux manages to give most of them the slip, but one wiry young beggar tackles him at the waist, bringing both of them crashing to the ground. An older woman with a missing tooth rushes up to Domarc-as-Zora, clutching her by the upper arm. "Are you hurt, my dear? Are you--" She breaks off, seeming to realize the incongruity of the way the arm looks and the way it feels under her touch.

Domarc, Leth, Mordred, you're up.

Rolls

Secret roll - (1d8+3)

Flying Man DEX save - (1d20+2)

(5) + 2 = 7

Flying Man DEX save, advantage - (1d20+2)

(7) + 2 = 9

Angry mob attack vs Darux - (5d20)

(1894412) = 47

Jan 3, 2017 6:03 pm
Sorry, forgot to include the spell save DC again: 13. Do you actually need me to include it each time PBO?
OOC:
haha, oh Darux. Nice work nubs!
Last edited January 3, 2017 6:04 pm
Jan 3, 2017 6:04 pm
"Stay back!" Domarc-as-Zora yells to the onrushing crowd. We want to make sure it's clear who the bad guys are, he thinks, and resists drawing his weapon.

Domarc takes the Dodge action.

Edit - sorry, didn't refresh the thread before posting. I'll make another post if I can
Last edited January 3, 2017 6:19 pm
load next

Thread locked