Hi there!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Feb 5, 2022 10:19 pm
OOC:
Hi there! I am just getting back into playing RPGs after a long absence. Back in the day, I played B/X D&D and ran Star Frontiers a few times. I recently played in some online games for the first time, but I thought PBP would better fit my unpredictable schedule. Found out about Gamers Plane and looked around. This seems like a great platform and a welcoming community, so I signed up.

Looking forward to gaming - I’m open to learning new systems, but would prefer things rules light to start. I am familiar with Savage Worlds, Traveller, PbtA and Ironsworn/IS:Starforged. I am reading Jackals and Coyote & Crow now and I’m interested in Blades in the Dark/FitD. Forbidden Lands has also piqued my interest. So many cool looking systems out there now!

(Edit - I don’t know how many of the games I listed above lend themselves to PbP but I’m interested in finding out.)

Regards,
TrailHead (He/Him/His)
Last edited February 6, 2022 12:17 am

Len

Feb 5, 2022 10:22 pm
Welcome to the community, TrailHead!

Those are some cool games you listed. I've got the Forbidden Lands boxed set but haven't had a chance to play it yet. Also excited to hear Coyote and Crow is out now!
Feb 5, 2022 10:35 pm
Hello TrailHead and welcome to GP!
Feb 5, 2022 10:38 pm
Welcome Aboard!

I've been reading through Coyote & Crow since the PDF released. I'm eager to get the physical copy in and maybe start a game later this Spring.
Feb 5, 2022 10:41 pm
Welcome, TrailHead!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

I also run a beginner's game as a quick introduction to GamersPlane and play-by-post, if you're interested.

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Feb 5, 2022 11:01 pm
Hello and welcome, TrailHead!!
Feb 5, 2022 11:26 pm
Len says:
Welcome to the community, TrailHead!

Those are some cool games you listed. I've got the Forbidden Lands boxed set but haven't had a chance to play it yet. Also excited to hear Coyote and Crow is out now!
Thanks Len. Early PDF of Coyote & Crow is out to backers like me, but isn’t printed yet.
Feb 5, 2022 11:28 pm
Data says:
Hello TrailHead and welcome to GP!
Thank you, Data!

I can’t tell you how happy it makes me to be able to say that classic TNG line. But, seriously, thank you for welcoming me here.
Feb 5, 2022 11:29 pm
Welcome to our happy home! I think you'll fit right in, I hear a lot of talk about a handful of the games you mentioned.

I saw that you're new to PbP, how did you find your way to us?
Feb 5, 2022 11:33 pm
witchdoctor says:
Welcome Aboard!

I've been reading through Coyote & Crow since the PDF released. I'm eager to get the physical copy in and maybe start a game later this Spring.
My thoughts, exactly, witchdoctor! And thank you!
Last edited February 6, 2022 12:04 am
Feb 5, 2022 11:35 pm
Thanks bowlofspinach! I have been reading through the guides and watched some of the YouTube content. There’s a healthy amount of onboarding content, which is great.
Feb 5, 2022 11:36 pm
akorn says:
Hello and welcome, TrailHead!!
Thanks! This is such a welcoming community.
Feb 5, 2022 11:39 pm
Ezz. says:
Welcome to our happy home! I think you'll fit right in, I hear a lot of talk about a handful of the games you mentioned.

I saw that you're new to PbP, how did you find your way to us?
GP user Harrigan posted about it on a discord that I belong to and linked to one of his games he ran here. I followed that link, read some of his game, read some of the getting started materials, watched some of Qralloq’s videos and here I am.
Feb 5, 2022 11:52 pm
Hello and welcome!
Feb 5, 2022 11:54 pm
Welcome to Gamersplane! I'm pretty new here myself, and I've also found it to be a friendly and inviting place for newcomers.
Feb 6, 2022 12:01 am
kalajel says:
Hello and welcome!
Many thanks, kalajel
Feb 6, 2022 12:02 am
sunnyVoid says:
Welcome to Gamersplane! I'm pretty new here myself, and I've also found it to be a friendly and inviting place for newcomers.
Glad to hear it, sunnyVoid, and thank you for welcoming me.
Feb 6, 2022 12:23 am
Welcome to GP Trailhead. Do you hike? 🥾
Feb 6, 2022 12:48 am
hi TrailHead!
Feb 6, 2022 1:45 am
Windyridge says:
Welcome to GP Trailhead. Do you hike? 🥾
TrailHead was my trail name when I used to hike and backpack. Like a Dead Head or a Parrot Head loves their music, I really enjoyed hiking.

The only "hiking" I do now is walking the dog.

Windyridge sounds like a hiking inspired name as well.
Last edited February 6, 2022 1:49 am
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.