Hello

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Feb 23, 2022 4:33 pm
Hi everyone, my name is Vincent and this is my first time trying play-by-post, even though I've been playing pen and paper games for over 30 years. Like many of you I'm sure, I find it hard to fit in a three or four hour game online/in-person into my week. But 30 minutes or so a day? That I can do! I am hoping play-by-post will allow me to make new friends and continue to enjoy the hobby that I love so much. Excited to get started!
Feb 23, 2022 4:36 pm
Welcome!
Feb 23, 2022 4:37 pm
Hello Vincent! Welcome to GP!

What sort of pen and paper games have you played? Is there a genre/setting you prefer?
Feb 23, 2022 4:39 pm
Welcome!
Feb 23, 2022 5:09 pm
Welcome!
Feb 23, 2022 6:23 pm
Welcome to GP and play-by-post RPGs, Vincent!
Feb 23, 2022 6:24 pm
Hello and welcome Vincent!
Feb 23, 2022 6:55 pm
Welcome, DriveInMutant82!
Feb 23, 2022 6:59 pm
Welcome, Mutant!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

I also run a beginner's game as a quick introduction to GamersPlane and play-by-post, if you're interested.

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Feb 23, 2022 7:55 pm
Data says:
Hello Vincent! Welcome to GP!

What sort of pen and paper games have you played? Is there a genre/setting you prefer?
Hello! I particularly like fantasy and horror, with my favorite games being Call of Cthulhu, Dungeon Crawl Classics, and DnD 3.5. I haven't tried any of the 2d20 systems, but would really like to - Conan looks fantastic! I also feel like I'm one of the very few people who hasn't tried 5e yet (even though I know that's probably not true haha) but would really like to. The Original Adventures Reincarnated from Goodman Games seems like a cool place to start.
bowlofspinach says:
Welcome, Mutant!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

I also run a beginner's game as a quick introduction to GamersPlane and play-by-post, if you're interested.

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Thank you for all the information!
Feb 23, 2022 10:05 pm
Ooh yes! I love horror as well! I also really enjoy CoC, though I’ve been meaning to look into other horror based TTRPGs as well.

I’m wrapping up a CoC game (maybe soon?), but I’ll probably end up starting another horror-based game up right away, so maybe we’ll play together!

5e is definitely the most popular TTRPG, so it’s easier to find a game. Though I find there are a lot of different and interesting systems being played on GP than I’ve seen in most other spaces.

Welcome again!
Feb 23, 2022 10:06 pm
GP has options for both 5e players and non-5e players.
Feb 23, 2022 10:13 pm
Welcome! Good to meet a fellow CoC and DCC fan! I just started a level 3 DCC game literally yesterday and have one spot open for a halfling if you'd like to join!
Feb 23, 2022 10:18 pm
Welcome Aboard!
Feb 24, 2022 1:19 am
Data says:
I’m wrapping up a CoC game (maybe soon?), but I’ll probably end up starting another horror-based game up right away, so maybe we’ll play together!
I'll keep an eye out for your next CoC game!
bowlofspinach says:
GP has options for both 5e players and non-5e players.
Just took a look at the games page - it most certainly does! I was actually thinking of joining your beginner's game as I have never played play-by-post, solo games with journaling, or anything of that nature.
nezzeraj says:
Welcome! Good to meet a fellow CoC and DCC fan! I just started a level 3 DCC game literally yesterday and have one spot open for a halfling if you'd like to join!
Thank you very much! I think I am going to try bowlofspinach's beginner's game first (as well as take a look at some archived games if there are any). But I will certainly keep an eye open for your games once I have a little experience under my belt!
Feb 24, 2022 2:22 am
Welcome to GP!
Feb 24, 2022 2:35 am
Welcome to Gamersplane! I've found this place to be a nice and friendly place. :)
DriveInMutant82 says:
. . .I think I am going to try bowlofspinach's beginner's game first. . .
Highly recommend, as someone who was brand new to forum play-by-posts, bowlofspinach does a great job introducing the important parts of it, such as how to navigate the website, how to format your posts properly, etc.

Len

Feb 24, 2022 5:27 am
Welcome to the community, Vincent!
Feb 25, 2022 3:19 pm
Welcome to the community!
Feb 25, 2022 7:33 pm
Definitely try bowlofspinach’s beginner’s game! It’s a fun system, too.

And, of course, welcome to GP!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.