Heyo!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Feb 25, 2022 9:25 am
Heyo and a-hiya to everyone! I'm Basil, fairly new to play-by-post, but I have around a year of experience with DnD 5e. Was hoping to find a game here just so I can fit in a bit more dnd in my week and improve my writing skills in the process.
Feb 25, 2022 9:26 am
Welcome!
Feb 25, 2022 10:26 am
Hello and welcome to GP!

What kind of genres do you like? What's been your favorite part of playing 5e so far, and have you tried any other systems?
Feb 25, 2022 11:39 am
Data says:
Hello and welcome to GP!

What kind of genres do you like? What's been your favorite part of playing 5e so far, and have you tried any other systems?
Standard high fantasy is a given, but I like the concepts of low fantasy and dieselpunk. I definitely find combat the most engaging, especially since a lot of 5e's mechanics are built around that, but I absolutely love it when I can bounce off of other PCs in RP. I have not tried other systems, unfortunately, but I'm open to learning!
Feb 25, 2022 12:03 pm
Welcome, Basil!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

I also run a beginner's game as a quick introduction to GamersPlane and play-by-post, if you're interested.

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Feb 25, 2022 12:51 pm
Welcome Basil! good luck finding your first game if your relatively experienced with the D&D 5e rule set I would sugest that you apply to @kadeton's High Level Play game I've also heard rumors that an Icewind Dale game may be starting soon.
Feb 25, 2022 1:17 pm
Welcome Aboard! It's always nice to have another low-fantasy enthusiast around!
Feb 25, 2022 3:20 pm
Welcome to the community, Basil!
Feb 25, 2022 4:08 pm
Welcome to GP Basil!
Feb 25, 2022 4:26 pm
Welcome, BasilIronstar. Hope you find some great games!
Feb 25, 2022 5:03 pm
Welcome! Love the avatar.
Feb 25, 2022 5:09 pm
Welcome!
Feb 25, 2022 7:37 pm
Hello and welcome to GP, Basil! This is one of the few places I’ve been where this many people straight-up show up in introduction threads to say hello, so as you might imagine it’s a great place to play by post!
Feb 26, 2022 1:53 am
Hullo Basil, welcome to the community!
Feb 26, 2022 2:52 am
Welcome to the fold!
Feb 26, 2022 3:08 am
Welcome to Gamersplane BasilIronstar! I've found this to be a friendly place as well. There are lot's of people here eager to help newcomers, so don't be shy to reach out if you're confused by anything. :)

Len

Feb 26, 2022 4:53 am
Nice to meet you, Basil!
Feb 26, 2022 5:17 pm
welcome
Feb 27, 2022 10:01 am
BasilIronstar says:

Standard high fantasy is a given, but I like the concepts of low fantasy and dieselpunk. I definitely find combat the most engaging, especially since a lot of 5e's mechanics are built around that, but I absolutely love it when I can bounce off of other PCs in RP. I have not tried other systems, unfortunately, but I'm open to learning!
I wonder what a low fantasty D&D 5e game would be like? I suppose it depends on the definition of "low fantasy". A D&D game set on Earth - maybe just a sort of Arthurian kind of setting? Or a campaign with little to no magic, and just the physical classes, Barbarian, Fighter, Monk, Rogue, Ranger. Could definitely be interesting!

Hm, I wonder what a good dieselpunk system would be?
Feb 27, 2022 10:13 am
BasilIronstar says:
Heyo and a-hiya to everyone! I'm Basil, fairly new to play-by-post, but I have around a year of experience with DnD 5e. Was hoping to find a game here just so I can fit in a bit more dnd in my week and improve my writing skills in the process.
"A bit more DnD"? That was how I started here. My advice is to get out now before it's too late.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.