Should prolly have started with this, so hey?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Feb 26, 2022 5:05 am
Yo! My name is Victor, and I'm an avid TTRPG player ever since my first year of high school when me and the boys decided to try it out. I've fallen in love with the hobby ever since, and with the pandemic still up I tried my hand at a few online games until I discovered Play by Post stuff. A forum here, Discord community there... And here I am.

As for my experience, I've played a lot. Mostly 5e since that's the standard system everyone knows and (mostly) loves, but I've tried a bunch of other systems too, namely VtM, Shadowrun 5e, Kamigakari: Godhunters, Dungeon World, Pathfinder 1e/2e and DnD 4e. Most of these were very short lived tables, I have yet to complete a campaign that isn't 5e, but I'll damn well try.

I can enjoy the game from either side of the screen, and I like to think I'm pretty good at playing and DMing a like. If you want a taste, I went a little ahead in schedule from what you'd expect of a newcomer and already popped into the Tavern to post an open game, so if you're lookin' 4 one, check it out!

So yeah, that's about it. I'm glad to tag along and I look forward to seeing what GP's got to offer. Thanks for listening reading my TED talk, and I'll see you around.
Last edited February 26, 2022 5:06 am
Feb 26, 2022 5:10 am
Welcome to Gamersplane! It's great that you've jumped right into starting an avatar game, I've been seeing a lot of talk about it lately.
Feb 26, 2022 5:28 am
Welcome.

Are you mainly into Fantasy and Urban Fantasy? That is the impression given by your list of systems (even Shadowrun tends more towards fantasy than other Cyberpunks:).

Are there other genres you are interested in trying? (There is nothing wrong with sticking to Fantasy, it is --by far-- the most popular genre.)
Feb 26, 2022 6:08 am
Welcome, Vagrant!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

I also run a beginner's game as a quick introduction to GamersPlane and play-by-post, if you're interested.

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!

Len

Feb 26, 2022 6:23 am
Welcome to the community, Vagrant!
Feb 26, 2022 3:49 pm
Welcome to GP, The_Vagrant!
Feb 26, 2022 5:10 pm
Well, this should be confusing, eh @TheVagrant?

Anyway, as the others have said, we're glad to have you, The_Vagrant. I have to say that not just based on the awesome name, but Kamigakari: Godhunters looks super evocative. I might have to chase that one down.
Feb 27, 2022 3:31 am
Thanks for the warm welcomes, everybody!
sunnyVoid says:
Welcome to Gamersplane! It's great that you've jumped right into starting an avatar game, I've been seeing a lot of talk about it lately.
Glad to hear that! I love Avatar almost to an unhealthy degree, so hey, if I can run a campaign for a bunch of people passionate like me, I'll be happy!
vagueGM says:
Welcome.

Are you mainly into Fantasy and Urban Fantasy? That is the impression given by your list of systems (even Shadowrun tends more towards fantasy than other Cyberpunks:).

Are there other genres you are interested in trying? (There is nothing wrong with sticking to Fantasy, it is --by far-- the most popular genre.)
I'm into pretty much anything that's engaging and thrilling. Usually that means fantastical settings with magic and monsters and all of that good stuff, but it can lean into other genres as well. Of course, I'm usually the one playing a big, mean, strong guy that just punches or smashes stuff and not making use of any magic at all.

I'm actually looking for anything but fantasy at the moment! Currently GMing one, about to begin an ATLA campaign, and probably gonna play a Pathfinder Kingmaker table as well, so really, anything that's not the usual epic fantasy is welcome!
Qralloq says:
Well, this should be confusing, eh @TheVagrant?

Anyway, as the others have said, we're glad to have you, The_Vagrant. I have to say that not just based on the awesome name, but Kamigakari: Godhunters looks super evocative. I might have to chase that one down.
I absolutely, 100% recommend it if you have a group willing to learn it all. It's quite confusing all around, but there's a point that it just clicks in place, and you're left with an amazingly versatile and surprisingly elegant system! Hell, I'd dare say that its Spirit Dice idea might actually be the best dice mechanic I've ever seen in a TTRPG ever, and believe me, I've read a lot of game systems. It seems simple at first, but once it "clicks" as I've mentioned, you'll notice just how deep it can run in both gameplay and character flavor.

...Anyways, enough gushing about it. I like it, you should try it, I might even run it at some point.
Last edited February 27, 2022 3:55 am
Feb 28, 2022 3:35 am
Hiya, Victor/Vagrant! I guess your name gave you a built-in love of the letter V, eh?
Feb 28, 2022 8:40 am
Welcome to the community, @The_Vagrant!
Mar 4, 2022 11:42 pm
Whoah, I was a bit confused at first because you have a username similar to an IR friend of mine on this site, and I know for a fact his name is not Victor...

The underscore is what differentiates the both of you by the looks of it... Anyways, welcome!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.