Hi

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Feb 26, 2022 10:47 am
Hi everyone, I'm Nikos from Greece. I'm in my 30's and it's been a few years I haven't played any RPG. I've been playing a lot of board games, I have some experience from D&D and Vampire: The Masquerade, but I would like to explore other games like Blades in the Dark, OSE, Call of Cthulhu, Kult, and more. Since the grown-up life makes my time limited for games, I hope I can find a group to join and play pbp. Cheers!
Feb 26, 2022 10:59 am
Welcome to Gamersplane nikos! You'll find a very welcome and helpful community here. :) Be sure to check out bowlofspinach's tutorial game! It really helped me understand how to play PbP games properly. Hope to see you around more!
Feb 26, 2022 11:07 am
Welcome, nikos!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

I also run a beginner's game as a quick introduction to GamersPlane and play-by-post, if you're interested.

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Feb 26, 2022 11:23 am
Welcome!
Feb 26, 2022 11:32 am
nikos says:
Hi everyone, I'm Nikos from Greece. I'm in my 30's and it's been a few years I haven't played any RPG. I've been playing a lot of board games, I have some experience from D&D and Vampire: The Masquerade, but I would like to explore other games like Blades in the Dark, OSE, Call of Cthulhu, Kult, and more. Since the grown-up life makes my time limited for games, I hope I can find a group to join and play pbp. Cheers!
Welcome Nikos! Stick around, and I'm sure you'll find a game once you've finished Bowl's tutorial.
Feb 26, 2022 11:48 am
Welcome Aboard!
Feb 26, 2022 12:21 pm
Welcome to GP!
Feb 26, 2022 12:48 pm
Oh hey, I just recently added an NPC named Nikos to a solo game I play on here (it's sci-fi with humanity traveling to space so I try get a good mix of international names), what a weird little coincidence.

Welcome to gamersplane
Feb 26, 2022 1:38 pm
Thanks for the welcome and info everyone!
NABO says:
Oh hey, I just recently added an NPC named Nikos to a solo game I play on here (it's sci-fi with humanity traveling to space so I try get a good mix of international names), what a weird little coincidence.

Welcome to gamersplane
Hehe, you probably summoned me.
Feb 26, 2022 2:47 pm
Welcome to GP! What kinds of genres to you like! I love running CoC and I’m wrapping up my last game (sometime) soon, so I’ll probably be opening up another one in the next couple of weeks if you’re interested!

Len

Feb 26, 2022 3:28 pm
Welcome to the community, Nikos!
Feb 26, 2022 4:02 pm
Data says:
Welcome to GP! What kinds of genres to you like! I love running CoC and I’m wrapping up my last game (sometime) soon, so I’ll probably be opening up another one in the next couple of weeks if you’re interested!
Sounds great! I think I like horror, noir and cyberpunk genres the most, also fantasy although this is a broad term. Generally games placed in dark worlds, maybe post-apocalyptic as well. OSR games also look cool.
Feb 26, 2022 4:43 pm
Welcome, nikos!
Feb 26, 2022 5:13 pm
Welcome, nikos. I ran a game of Kult: Divinity Lost a while ago and found it really interesting. I'm not an avid Powered by the Apocalypse player, though, and found the sheer volume of moves daunting. Still the game flavour hits a lot of the right buttons for me.
Feb 26, 2022 5:16 pm
welcome
Feb 26, 2022 5:19 pm
Welcome!
Feb 27, 2022 1:46 am
Hello! It's great to see new people!
Feb 27, 2022 3:23 am
Hello there!
Feb 27, 2022 5:02 am
Welcome!
Feb 28, 2022 3:38 am
Hiya Nikos! We were just talking about Greece in the AMAs the other day, haha.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.