Well met, everyone!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Feb 26, 2022 12:22 pm
I'm a long time rpg and pbp player who just got invited in this forum by a fellow player, and I wanted to greet everyone, too.
Feb 26, 2022 12:35 pm
Welcome to GP, the_cava.

What sorts of games or genres of games are you interested in?
Feb 26, 2022 12:50 pm
Welcome, cava!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

I also run a beginner's game as a quick introduction to GamersPlane and play-by-post, if you're interested.

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Feb 26, 2022 1:04 pm
Welcome Aboard!
Feb 26, 2022 2:44 pm
Welcome to GP! What sort of systems have you played in PbP before?

Len

Feb 26, 2022 3:27 pm
Welcome to the community, Cava!
Feb 26, 2022 4:39 pm
Well, well, Cava.

Welcome!
Feb 26, 2022 5:10 pm
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I'm seeing a familiar face as well, am I right, Har?

Anyway, I played a lot of systems through the years, and found out PbtA and FATE aren't to my tastes. I prefer more "traditional" kind of games, but I'm not that picky about the system, ranging from the minimal to the rather crunchy. Though there are some that don't play very well via pbp. Cryptomancer and Eclipse Phase 2e worked particularly well as systems in this medium, but I've had little luck with players for those games.

My favourite genres are fantasy from classic D&D-style to more techno/jrpg ones, and cyberpunk settings ranging from the near future / alternative present to the spacefaring sci-fi ones.
Feb 26, 2022 5:13 pm
Welcome!
Feb 26, 2022 5:14 pm
Welcome, the_cava!
Feb 26, 2022 5:16 pm
welcome
Feb 26, 2022 5:21 pm
Quote:
alternative present
How about alternative 80s/90s?
Feb 26, 2022 5:30 pm
Welcome to GP!
Feb 26, 2022 5:31 pm
bowlofspinach says:
Quote:
alternative present
How about alternative 80s/90s?
I played Sigmata on pbp, but it didn't work that well, though the Sigmata Haywire draft the author posted in his discord looks much more doable via pbp. Anyway, I'd be up for something along that lines, but the whole stranger-things-like slew of games that came out sparked little to no interest to me. Though I love Tales from the Loop's aesthetic.
Feb 26, 2022 6:19 pm
the_cava says:
I'm a long time rpg and pbp player who just got invited in this forum by a fellow player...
::waves from the back of the crowd::

That would be me. Welcome to GP my friend!
Feb 26, 2022 8:26 pm
RageRed says:
That would be me. Welcome to GP my friend!
Thank you for pointing out this forum!
Feb 27, 2022 1:30 am
the_cava says:
I'm seeing a familiar face as well, am I right, Har?
Yeah baby -- good to see you!
Feb 27, 2022 5:01 am
Greetings!
Feb 28, 2022 3:37 am
Well I’ve already embarrassingly posted in the thread where you started off in Italian, so welcome again! In English this time!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.