Greetings Everyone

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Feb 27, 2022 10:50 pm
Greetings Everyone
As a long time Ad&d, 3 and 3.5 and Vampire ( both versions ) player, I am very glad to have come upon this site. Unfortunately, a few years ago, our long term DM of nearly 10 years moved to another country, and I have not had any live sessions since - apart from some board games. I came upon Play by Post by chance - and my urge to play tabletop rpg’s came back with a vengeance. I must admit, when examining the games here, I am a bit intimidated by the high quality of detailed and intricate posts, but I hope to improve myself in this regard and live up to the challenge.
Feb 27, 2022 11:55 pm
Hi Baltar. Don't worry about the quality of posts. You only need read any of mine to know the bar is quite low, haha.

But seriously, glad to have you and hope we play in games together soon.
Feb 28, 2022 12:44 am
Welcome!
Feb 28, 2022 2:23 am
Welcome Aboard!
Feb 28, 2022 3:32 am
Welcome to the community, Baltar!
Feb 28, 2022 3:45 am
Welcome to GP, Baltar! I’m sure your posts are lovely 😊
Feb 28, 2022 3:54 am
Baltar says:
... hope to improve myself in this regard ...
We all do. (Um, not 'hope that you improve'... hope the we improve, see, there are low quality posts all over the place:).

We are accepting of all sorts here, and tend to care more about the enthusiasm than the literary quality. It is much more important that a post be clear, than that it be 'pretty' or 'grammatically correct', we are not writing books here, we are playing games.

What sorts of game are you interested in? Mainly DnD and Vampire, or are you wanting to try other things? Either route is fine, DnD is popular and there is often Vampire activity, and if you want to try other genres, there are all sorts on here.

Greetings.
Feb 28, 2022 4:09 am
Welcome!

Len

Feb 28, 2022 4:27 am
Welcome to the community, Baltar!
Feb 28, 2022 6:35 am
Welcome, Baltar!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

I also run a beginner's game as a quick introduction to GamersPlane and play-by-post, if you're interested.

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Feb 28, 2022 8:42 am
Welcome to the community, @Baltar!
Feb 28, 2022 1:38 pm
vagueGM says:
Baltar says:
... hope to improve myself in this regard ...
What sorts of game are you interested in? Mainly DnD and Vampire, or are you wanting to try other things? Either route is fine, DnD is popular and there is often Vampire activity, and if you want to try other genres, there are all sorts on here.

Greetings.
I have some experience with Pathfinder 1e from the Owlcat CRPGs, and I have the Pathfinder 2e rulebook, which seems like a good balance between Pathfinder 1e and DnD 5e. I would be interested in trying out both systems, especially the long term APs seem very interesting.
Mar 1, 2022 5:06 am
Hi. Welcome to GP!
Mar 4, 2022 11:39 pm
Hello and welcome!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.