Mar 20, 2022 6:31 pm
OOC:
Notice roll...

Rolls

Notice & Wild - (1d4-1, 1d6-1, RA)

1d4-1 : (1) - 1 = 0

1d6-1 : (3) - 1 = 2

Mar 20, 2022 6:40 pm
Alana and Logan scan the strange energy blaster. Alana notices something under one of the lifted panels on its casing.

https://i.imgur.com/XsBfkVr.jpg

Squinting her eyes and putting her face against the welder glasses' lens, she sees a small slider of sorts, bearing some strange symbols above it.
Mar 20, 2022 6:54 pm
"A slider!", she announces excitedly. "That must be it."
She takes a moment to memorize as much as she can about where the slider is and about any dangers near it, then she jumps out from behind the goggles and tries to grab and move the slider with her eyes pressed shut.
OOC:
Not sure what the appropriate skill is. If not this, let me know what else

Rolls

Smarts - (1d6, 1d6)

1d6 : (4) = 4

1d6 : (4) = 4

Mar 20, 2022 7:03 pm
Alana finds out the hard way that memorizing where the slider is is the least of her problems.

She stumbles from behind the glasses' lens eyes closed, towards the gun. As her extended hand makes contact with it...
[ +- ] ...

Rolls

Electricity damage - (4d6)

(1523) = 11

Mar 20, 2022 7:12 pm
OOC:
roll 11, Toughness 4: 4s, 8r1. Shaken, 1 Wound.

Ouch, no Bennies to try a Soak roll... for her wound Alana will suffer -1 to all her rolls until treated.
Alana's hand feels on fire, and the huge leap and hard landing is an agony for her back. Her fingers are burnt and blackened, her already big hair is standing on end like a science experiment she's seen on TV once. She lies there in shock.
Mar 20, 2022 7:14 pm
"SHIT! AL!!! AL!!!" Cody runs out of the glasses to go check on Alana. He hesitates to touch her, seeing her state.
Mar 20, 2022 7:16 pm
Al cries out and holds her hand to her chest as it pulsates with the pain. She quickly wipes her eyes with her other hand, trying not to let the others see that she's crying from the shock.
"Maybe...", she sniffs. "Maybe with some kind of stick?"
Mar 20, 2022 7:25 pm
Alice runs over too, "What the heck, Alana?!? Why did you touch it? Was the giant dead man out there not big enough for you?!?" she points vehemently at the colossal lying figure behind them.
Mar 20, 2022 7:27 pm
Still fighting back tears, Al grumbles: "Well, maybe I want to be normal-sized again! I thought if I didn't touch the exposed bits, I'd be fine." She wipes her eyes again. "You do it then if you're so smart!"
Mar 20, 2022 7:29 pm
As they check on Alana, a new sound starts to be heard, coming from the gun. It grows in intensity, like a device going in overload. Soon the flashes of energy intensify. The sound grows louder and louder - it does not sound good at all.

The gun starts shaking visibly, the open parts rattling.
Mar 20, 2022 7:31 pm
"Er... guys?... GUYS?!?" he says worried about the noises and lights.
Mar 20, 2022 7:32 pm
"It's going to explode!", Al shouts. "And if we don't switch it to big before it does, we'll stay this size forever!" She tries to get up but collapses again. "Find a stick or something to shift the switch!"
Mar 20, 2022 7:43 pm
OOC:
Setting up a Dramatic Task. The gun seems on the verge of exploding, or shutting down forever.
You have 2 rounds before that happens, and a total of 6 successes is needed.

These successes must include in this order:

-a Notice roll to find something useful in the basement
-a Strength roll to lift this useful object
-a Strength roll at -1 to flick the switch using the object, from behind the glass protection (too difficult with eyes closed, and too bright unprotected)

Choose one main character rolling for each task, the others can support. Alana and Logan roll at -1 for Wound/Fatigue.

We'll do this without drawing cards.

round 1/2 successes 0/6

still to roll: Alice, Alana, Cody, Logan
Mar 20, 2022 7:44 pm
OOC:
With Al being injured, I think it makes the most sense for her to just look around and for someone else to do the physical stuff.

Not a good start
Last edited March 20, 2022 7:44 pm

Rolls

Notice - (1d6-1, 1d6-1)

1d6-1 : (2) - 1 = 1

Mar 20, 2022 7:57 pm
OOC:
I'll try for the Notice roll and if needed to the first Strength roll. I'm already at -1 so flipping the switch will put him at -2... Logan probably isn't the best one to try that one.

Rolls

Notice & Wild - (1d4-1, 1d6-1, RA)

1d4-1 : (2) - 1 = 1

Mar 20, 2022 8:35 pm
OOC:
also keep into account the bennies you have. Alana 0, everyone else has 2. Time to use them, Logan. Alice and Cody will do, too
Mar 20, 2022 8:51 pm
Cody looks around desperately, searching for something useful within reach.

Rolls

Notice - (1d4, 1d6)

1d4 : (4) = 4

1d6 : (3) = 3

ace for the d4 - (1d4, RA)

(2) = 2

Mar 20, 2022 8:58 pm
Cody shouts in triumph. "THERE GUYS!" he points at some old paint pots in a corner. Next to them on the ground is a stick used for stirring the paint, still bearing the mark of white paint on it. It is twice as tall as you.
OOC:

-a Notice roll to find something useful in the basement
-a Strength roll to lift this useful object
-a Strength roll at -1 to flick the switch using the object, from behind the glass protection (too difficult with eyes closed, and too bright unprotected)

round 1/2 successes 1/6

still to roll: Alice, Alana, Cody, Logan
Mar 20, 2022 8:59 pm
"Nice one Cody!" she says, running to the stick. She tries to lift it alone.

Rolls

Alice Evans: Strength - (1d4, 1d6)

1d4 : (1) = 1

1d6 : (1) = 1

Mar 20, 2022 9:03 pm
OOC:
We are all going to die here
load next

Thread locked