Chapter 10 - The Basement

load previous
Mar 10, 2022 9:36 pm
OOC:
do you benny that? I am not sure if your character is up to date (you should edit it each time a stat changes, you gain equipment, etc.) but it shows you still have 3 Bennies
Mar 10, 2022 10:21 pm
OOC:
I'llBenny it, but it'll be my last one. If L9gan ends up fightingthe spider, he'll have to rely on straight rolls.

Rolls

Athletics, Wild (reroll) - (1d4, 1d6, RA)

1d4 : (3) = 3

1d6 : (5) = 5

Mar 10, 2022 10:40 pm
Logan manages to find his way down to the patch of torn wallpaper where Cody is standing.

"the footing's not great here. Careful" he says, then uncoils the rope from behind his back.
"I don't think I can keep you hanging from that rope for long, Loey."

They look down. It is possible to lower the rope to the web from here, but it would all rely on the strength of whoever holds the rope. Keeping someone suspended is not easy.
Mar 10, 2022 11:11 pm
Okay, I'll slide down as quickly as possible. If you feel like you're about to let go..shout. I'll drop onto the web and hope for the best. Logan says as he looks down at the web.
Mar 11, 2022 7:58 am
OOC:
so Cody will roll Strength at each round. Round 1 will be a normal roll, round 2 will be STR-1, round 3 STR-2 etc. as he gets more tired.
Cody holds on to his end of the rope and gives the other to Logan. As Logan readies for leaping down, Cody prepares for the pull.
He nods at Logan, and Logan lets himself go...

Rolls

STR round 1 - (1d6, 1d6, RA)

1d6 : (2) = 2

1d6 : (4) = 4

Mar 11, 2022 8:05 am
Cody clenches his teeth as the rope goes taut, feeling the strong pull of Logan's weight - but he counters it with his arms and back.

Logan is suspended over the web, roughly in between Alana and the slowly incoming spider.
OOC:
It will take 1 round to climb down to the web level. Athletics rolls for Logan to move each space. Once at web level, he will need Agility rolls to be able to act without being caught in the web.

[.][Cody][.]
[.][Logan][.]
[Alana] [.] [Spider]
Mar 11, 2022 8:11 am
OOC:
@bowlofspinach we haven't addressed the skateboard - I think Alana still had it with her when she fell the long way from the top of the door to the web down below. 50% chance she lost it when she fell, I'd say?
Mar 11, 2022 9:09 am
OOC:
Let's see.

Rolls

1: No skateboard, 2: Yes skateboard - (1D2, RA)

(1) = 1

Mar 11, 2022 5:18 pm
Logan begins to slide down the rope as quickly as he can.

Rolls

Athletics, Wild - (1d4, 1d6, RA)

1d4 : (2) = 2

Mar 12, 2022 9:43 am
[.][Cody][.]
[.][.][.]
[Alana] [Logan] [Spider]
OOC:
round 1
Cody
Logan

Alice
Alana
Logan uses his hands and legs around the rope and manages to lower himself down just above the web. To one side he can see Alana, to the other, the incoming Spider.

Meanwhile at the base of the door, Alice looks around for something useful around her. She spots a small nail sticking out of the side of one of the wooden floor boards of the step.
"Hang on Al!"
She tries to force it loose from the wood.
"Got it! Hey Logan, I got a sword too, look!" she says waving the metal nail, as thick and long as a baseball bat.
OOC:
Alana can do an action now. Next round, Cody will roll STR-1, and the Spider will reach where Logan is.

Rolls

Alice Evans: Strength - (1d4, 1d6, RA)

Mar 12, 2022 10:05 am
Still unable to move, Al opts instead, to keep shouting at the spider, though with words this time. "Hey you big creep! Have you ever counted your legs? Because you have way too many. Looks kind of weird! And also, your face is ugly."
She decides that luckily, her exact insults don't matter too much since it won't understand her anyway. But maybe she can keep its attention on her so that Logan can attack it more easily.

Rolls

Taunt - (1d4, 1d6, RA)

1d6 : (3) = 3

Mar 12, 2022 10:09 am
OOC:
lol !! Your face is ugly 🤣

OK, new round, not drawing cards yet until the fight starts, as the SPider is advancing at a regular pace and the heroes can still time their actions.
Cody Brewster

Cody starts feeling the strain in his arms... but keeps Logan suspended, clenching his teeth.
OOC:
round 2
Cody
Logan
Alice
Alana
Spider

Logan's up - he has a round to do something before Spider reaches him. Do your action, then give me an Agility roll to see if you managed to perform it without getting stuck on the web.

Rolls

STR round 2 - (1d6-1, 1d6-1, RA)

1d6-1 : (1) - 1 = 0

1d6-1 : (5) - 1 = 4

Mar 12, 2022 10:29 am
OOC:
I'll play Alice in the meantime
Alice gets to the edge of the top step, at the base of the door, and sees some of the strands of the web are attached there.
She lies flat on her belly and starts hitting some strands, to test how solid they are when bashed with her nail-sword.
OOC:

To break a strand of the web, it is an Attack vs inanimate object (target number 2). Then damage is rolled against the object Hardness (we'll use that of a Rope, 4).
[ +- ] Breaking Things

Rolls

Alice Evans: Fighting - (1d6, 1d6, RA)

Nailsword Damage STR+d4 - (1d4+1d4, RA)

(3) + (2) = 5

Mar 12, 2022 10:33 am
With a well placed strike, Alice hits the strand. IT is quite tough, but it severs under the metal of her nail-sword.
The web shakes violently as the impact reverberates through its structure. The spider hesitates a moment, waits for it to settle, then starts advancing again.

"Hey! I broke one of the web ropes!! You have to hit it really hard!" she shouts. "I'll call my sword Slicer!"
OOC:
round 2
Cody
Logan
Alice
Alana
Spider

Logan's up - he has a round to do something before Spider reaches him. Do your action, then give me an Agility roll to see if you managed to perform it without getting stuck on the web.
Mar 12, 2022 3:28 pm
OOC:
my intentbis to try and stay in between thespider and Al. To help Cody out, Logan will drop down onto the web and hopefully not get stuck. Then he can either try andfight the spider or cut through theweb with Needler.
Logan looks up at Cody and then down at Al. Taking a deep breath Logan let's go of the rope and drops the last few feet onto the web.
Last edited March 12, 2022 3:28 pm

Rolls

Agility & Wild, - (1d6, 1d6, RA)

1d6 : (1) = 1

Mar 12, 2022 4:14 pm
Logan falls on the web, causing it to swing under his weight. In an attempt to avoid falling, he widens his arms. The sticky strands attach themselves like glue to his arms and legs - he is stuck on the web too, but in a more upright position than Alana.
OOC:
We will say that Logan still is holding Needler, and he can just about move his arm. Fighting and Defending will be at a penalty, hindered by the web
Mar 12, 2022 4:17 pm
OOC:
round 2
Cody
Logan
Alice

Alana
Spider

Alana, then Spider
Mar 12, 2022 5:12 pm
"No, Logan, be careful!", Al says. "This web is a whole darn sticky mess!"
OOC:
Actually, during Logan's turn, I'll use my Common Bond Edge to let Logan use my last Benny in order to reroll his Agility.

On my turn, I'll just hold my action in case the spider gets near me. Not much I can do while I'm caught in the web.
Mar 12, 2022 5:20 pm
OOC:
Reroll Agility...thanks bowl.

Rolls

Agility & Wild, - (1d6, 1d6, RA)

Mar 12, 2022 6:01 pm
OOC:
OK, so in his turn Logan stays suspended and positions himself so his feet are away from the web. Alana holds
load next

Thread locked