Chapter 10 - The Basement

load previous
Mar 20, 2022 9:08 pm
Alice rushes too fast, and bumps into a small pot of paint, causing it to fall towards her. Its lid pops open, and she is splashed by a thick gloop of white paint, from the neck down!
OOC:

-a Notice roll to find something useful in the basement
-a Strength roll to lift this useful object
-a Strength roll at -1 to flick the switch using the object, from behind the glass protection (too difficult with eyes closed, and too bright unprotected)

round 1/2 successes 1/6

still to roll: Alice (2), Alana (0), Cody (2), Logan (2)
OOC:
End of round 1: this is bad. Next round you need 5 successes between 4 characters to succeed. Plenty of bennies needed! I added them in brackets.

round 2/2 successes 1/6
still to roll: Alice (2), Alana (0), Cody (2), Logan (2)
Mar 20, 2022 9:10 pm
"Lemme help you Alice!" he rushes to the stick too.
OOC:
uses a benny to try to get a rise. Uses second benny too (his last)

Rolls

Strength, Wild - (1d6, 1d6)

1d6 : (2) = 2

1d6 : (5) = 5

Strength, Wild - (1d6, 1d6, RA)

1d6 : (2) = 2

1d6 : (3) = 3

Strength, Wild - (1d6, 1d6)

1d6 : (4) = 4

1d6 : (1) = 1

Mar 20, 2022 9:11 pm
"Okay, I got this!", Al sniffs, getting up to her feet. She walks over to the paint stirrer and tries to lift and move it

Rolls

Strength - (1d4-1, 1d6-1)

1d4-1 : (4) - 1 = 3

1d6-1 : (3) - 1 = 2

Mar 20, 2022 9:12 pm
OOC:
wait, Cody succeeds.
Cody lifts the heavy stick and calls for help "I got it guys! Let's go over to the switch!"
OOC:

-a Strength roll at -1 to flick the switch using the object, from behind the glass protection (too difficult with eyes closed, and too bright unprotected)

round 2/2 successes 2/6
still to roll: Alice (2), Alana (0), Cody (0), Logan (2)
Mar 20, 2022 9:16 pm
OOC:
Alana, roll for the ace on that d4 please
Mar 20, 2022 9:58 pm
Logan rushes over to help Cody with the paint stick.

Rolls

Strength, Wild - (1d6-2, 1d6-2, RA)

1d6-2 : (2) - 2 = 0

1d6-2 : (2) - 2 = 0

Mar 20, 2022 10:27 pm
OOC:
there is only one round to try to succeed. You need 4 more successes, and only 3 of you can still roll (Cody's rolled).
Alana has rolled, but we need her ace d4 to be rerolled: she might still succeed.

You need to spend bennies on this. Even if you succeed, worth spending all your bennies to try to get raises like Cody did (each raise counts as an extra success), because one of the 3 remaining characters needs to roll at least a raise to make up the total required - and Alana has 0 bennies. It is up to Alice and Logan to burn bennies here
Mar 20, 2022 10:49 pm
OOC:
I thought that if you fumbled you couldn'tuse bennies
Mar 21, 2022 4:58 am
Squadfather44 says:
OOC:
I thought that if you fumbled you couldn'tuse bennies
OOC:
You didn't fumble, though. You rolled 2s, not ones.
Dr_B says:
OOC:
Alana, roll for the ace on that d4 please
OOC:
Oops, didn't realize that was a D4. Nice.

Total of 11. Not bad
Last edited March 21, 2022 4:59 am

Rolls

Explosion - (1D4)

(4) = 4

Explosion 2 - (1D4)

(3) = 3

Mar 21, 2022 6:54 am
OOC:
we'll use Alana's 11 for the -1 switch roll, for a total of 10. Basically she rolled at -2
Now that Cody's got the large stick up, Alana is able to help him direct it back behind the glasses lens. From there, the duo hold the stick above the lens resting it over the lens frame.
Looking at what they're doing through the lens' dark glass they are able to reach the slider on the gun.

With a satisfying click, they set it to what they think is the 'growing mode' position!
OOC:

round 2/2 successes 4/6
still to roll: Alice (2), Alana (0), Cody (0), Logan (2)

Al's raise (4s, 8r1) counts as another success. Logan can benny his roll, and Alice still to act.

You need 2 more Successes, can be any skill you want now, if justified (not just Strength). Don't spare the bennies!
Mar 21, 2022 2:21 pm
OOC:
I'lluse the bennies here. I'll roll both in case we need them. I'llgo with Strength for the rolls.

Rolls

Strength, Wild - (1d6-1, 1d6-1, RA)

1d6-1 : (1) - 1 = 0

1d6-1 : (4) - 1 = 3

Strength & Wild - (1d6-1, 1d6-1, RA)

1d6-1 : (2) - 1 = 1

1d6-1 : (1) - 1 = 0

Mar 21, 2022 8:34 pm
OOC:
oh boy... 😱
Spitting out white paint (and covered in it), Alice helps the others by climbing over the glasses (with her back to the gun) to keep the heavy stick from falling as the others manoeuvre it on the gun slider.
OOC:
here goes...

Rolls

Alice Evans: Athletics* - (1d10, 1d6, RA)

1d10 : (8) = 8

1d6 : (3) = 3

Mar 21, 2022 9:19 pm
OOC:
successes: 6/6 - in the nick of time!
As soon as the slider gets in the new position, the gun noises change to a low hum. It grows and grows, until it throbs loudly in your heads, forcing you to put your hands to your ears, in an attempt to block it.

The ground is shaken by a growing vibration, and the gun starts to rattle and shake.

Alice Evans
"It's too... loud..."

Cody Brewster
"Oh shit... did we break it??"

GM
Suddenly, you experience a sense of weightlessness, and green tendrils of energy start emerging from your bodies, sucked into the gun despite the lenses separating you from it. A few at first, then thick filaments leaving your torso, your hands, and even your eyes and mouths.

You all shout as the tremor of the room becomes a proper earthquake. The objects on tables and wall racks start falling, adding to the chaos.
An unbearable pain pervades your minds, and the last thing you hear are each other's screams of pain and panic...

Then all goes black as you lose consciousness.
OOC:
that was close, Weekenders... see you in the next chapter

Thread locked