Hiya!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 9, 2022 1:48 am
I'm an old-school gamer, having cut my teeth on 1e (I turn 50 in June). I've enjoyed many different games over the years and thought I'd give PbP a try. I play in a 5e group about once a month...when we can.

Over the last couple of years, I discovered solo gaming and have enjoyed it very much. It also made me rekindle my love for writing, especially since there is so much writing involved with keeping a journal, logging dice rolls, interpreting random prompts.

I just saw Harrigan on How2RPG's video on PbP and decided to give it a shot!

I'm into 5e but I'm open to just about any genre. I'm a quick learner when it comes to new systems and love being introduced to new ones. I usually play 5e, Basic Fantasy, Ironsworn, and Ironsworn: Starforged.

Thanks in advance for any advice or opportunities to play!

~RedCup
Mar 9, 2022 2:08 am
Hello and welcome!
Mar 9, 2022 2:56 am
Welcome Aboard!

PbP is a good way to still keep up playing RPGs and stretch those writing muscles! The community here is really great and very supportive. I'd definitely recommend joining the Discord channel! It's mostly for OOC musings and discussions rather than play but you get amore out of the community here.
Mar 9, 2022 3:17 am
Welcome to the site!
Mar 9, 2022 3:31 am
Welcome to GP!
Mar 9, 2022 6:24 am
Welcome, RedCup217! Glad the video didn't scare you off. =]

GP has a great community and lots of 5e is played here -- along with a whole bunch of other games, including Tomkin's awesome stuff, a bunch of OSR and lots more. Keep your eyes out for games that are recruiting and re-recruiting -- good luck finding a game!
Mar 9, 2022 7:05 am
Welcome, RedCup!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

I also run a beginner's game as a quick introduction to GamersPlane and play-by-post, if you're interested.

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Mar 9, 2022 12:59 pm
Welcome to the community, @RedCup217!
Mar 9, 2022 4:41 pm
Welcome!
Mar 9, 2022 6:58 pm
Welcome RedCup217!
Mar 9, 2022 10:01 pm
Welcome to GP RedCup!

Len

Mar 10, 2022 4:01 am
Welcome to the community, RedCup!
Mar 10, 2022 8:04 am
Welcome welcome

You do not have permission to post in this thread.