Greetings to all

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 9, 2022 5:45 am
Hello fellow players I hope I find you all well. Long time roleplayer here but more of the written variety and less so in a game format. But her recently I've been interested in getting into that I'm mostly familiar with D&D5E but not enough to know all the rules and such. So it's safe to say I'm quite the beginner but I pick up quick. So hope to meet you all soon and happy gaming to you all

-Vel
Mar 9, 2022 6:33 am
Hi Vel, welcome to GP! Sounds like you've played some freeform RPGs, maybe, or perhaps done some journaled solo stuff? Inquiring minds!
Mar 9, 2022 6:48 am
Hey there! I got my start over a decade ago back in the MySpace Era, then progressed to forum play by post Roleplay and stayed with that for the most part. Different genres at different times. Usually fantasy set or based on existing IP
Mar 9, 2022 7:06 am
Welcome, Velonica!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

I also run a beginner's game as a quick introduction to GamersPlane and play-by-post, if you're interested.

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Mar 9, 2022 7:14 am
Welcome.

Are you mainly looking to try and learn more DnD5e? It is popular and there are many games using that system here.
Mar 9, 2022 7:34 am
Thanks guys for the replies!! Yes I am mostly interested in 5e. I stumbled upon dnd through critical role and thats the format I'm most familiar with. Still fairly new to it though. As I understand CR is a fair amount of homebrew I'm not sure on all of 5e rules and such but I'm slowly getting there
Mar 9, 2022 7:48 am
Velonica says:
... As I understand CR is a fair amount of homebrew I'm not sure on all of 5e rules and such but I'm slowly getting there
From what I saw they had a lot of their own stuff (and a lot of Pathfinder sensibilities mixed in, too). But that is fairly normal, most games have their mix of houserules and homebrew, and the rules don't cover all situations so the table has to make up their own rulings for dealing with out-of-context situations.

The DM of any game you join should be more than happy to guide you through how everything works, or point you to the right page (since you would have to read it anyway if they wrote their own instruction in PbP:). The actual rules are probably less important than the attitude of fun and exploration (from the player, not the character:). Learning can happen as you play, many would say it should happen as you play.
Mar 9, 2022 8:40 am
Velonica says:
Thanks guys for the replies!! Yes I am mostly interested in 5e. I stumbled upon dnd through critical role and thats the format I'm most familiar with. Still fairly new to it though. As I understand CR is a fair amount of homebrew I'm not sure on all of 5e rules and such but I'm slowly getting there
Hi.

The Critical Role adventure, Call of the Netherdeep, comes out next week. I don't know if anybody is planning on DMing it.
Mar 9, 2022 12:55 pm
Welcome to the community, Vel!
Mar 9, 2022 12:58 pm
Welcome Vel!
Mar 9, 2022 4:04 pm
🐳come aboard. Found this place being a total noob too. Quite the bunch of helpful people around here.
Mar 9, 2022 4:43 pm
Welcome!
Mar 9, 2022 4:54 pm
Welcome to GP!
Mar 9, 2022 6:56 pm
Welcome, Velonica. Hope that you find some great games to try!
Mar 9, 2022 11:15 pm
Hello and welcome!
Mar 10, 2022 2:07 am
Welcome to GP!

Len

Mar 10, 2022 3:43 am
Welcome to the community, Velonica!
Mar 10, 2022 7:14 am
Hello and welcome.!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.