Smiley Day to Ya!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 10, 2022 10:04 pm
Hello GPers,

I am excited to join this community and collaborate with fellow writers on this fantastic journey on this tiny blue dot hurtling through space-time.
For several years now, I have been acting here in the southeast US, giving me a wealth of experience analyzing and crafting characters. Lately, I have also gotten into the wonderful world of roleplaying in its many forms. I have joined a few DnD games, made friends who play a few other systems that I am now getting into, and listened to several podcasts/twitch shows that took me through some exciting adventures. Earlier this year, I also attended my very first "LARP," which was a completely new experience for me as an actor. In an effort to expand my horizons as a creative (and gosh, also become a better writer!), I have decided to find a community like this!!

I am super new to this, and I would love to join and learn as much as I can about different systems/RP styles, so don't hesitate to reach out =D

~Mr. Anderson
Mar 10, 2022 10:08 pm
Welcome, Disguy!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

I'd invite you to the Discord server, but you already found that one.

I also run a beginner's game as a quick introduction to GamersPlane and play-by-post, if you're interested.

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Mar 10, 2022 10:33 pm
Welcome Aboard!

There are quite a few people new to the roleplaying hobby joining GamersPlane recently so you're in good company. Folks that are new to the hobby are certainly welcomed here. One of the great things about GamersPlane is the community. Some things get discussed here but there's usually a lively but of conversation going on over in the Discord channel & I highly recommend jumping in over there.
Mar 10, 2022 10:38 pm
Welcome to GP!
Mar 10, 2022 10:53 pm
Welcome!
Mar 11, 2022 12:40 am
Hello and welcome!

Len

Mar 11, 2022 6:02 am
Welcome to the community, Disguy!
Mar 11, 2022 6:55 am
Welcome to GP, Disguy!
Mar 11, 2022 8:49 am
Welcome.

What sorts of stories or character are you interested in? There are games to suit all types and moods, and I am sure we can find you something to get you started.

DnD is popular, so it should be easy to continue with what you already have some experience in; immersing yourself in that system till you are ready to branch out is a valid way of learning, as it spreading yourself thin to see what appeals the most.
Mar 11, 2022 5:09 pm
Waves in happy! "Welcome"
Mar 11, 2022 11:31 pm
Welcome, happy to see below writers join the community.
Mar 12, 2022 7:33 am
Qralloq says:
Welcome, happy to see below writers join the community.
Now if only we could find an above writer as well...
Mar 14, 2022 4:42 pm
Welcome to the community, @Disguyindisguise

Len

Mar 17, 2022 5:05 am
Welcome to the community!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.