Hello!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 18, 2022 2:51 pm
Hi y'all,

I'm new to the world of PBP but I'm really excited to try it all out! I've been playing RPGs for about 10 years and developing them for about 4. I'm usually my group's GM, but I've been a player for D&D 5e and Pathfinder 2e, GM'd additionally for Torchbearer and Savage Worlds, and own the books for dozens of other games I've yet to be able to play (which is a trait I suspect I share with many people, ha).

Looking forward to getting started! My schedule allows me the opportunity to be very active so I'm hoping to find something to sate my appetite, haha!

-Aerth
Mar 18, 2022 2:54 pm
Welcome to Gamers' Plane Aerth.

Cool avatar.
Mar 18, 2022 2:58 pm
Welcome to GP! Savage Worlds has been steadily growing in popularity here and there always seem to be D&D games on offer. There is also a growing Indie games interest.
Mar 18, 2022 3:02 pm
Welcome, Aerth!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.
If you have any questions about how to use the site, you can put them into our Questions and Help subforum.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

I also run a beginner's game as a quick introduction to GamersPlane and play-by-post, if you're interested.

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Mar 18, 2022 3:30 pm
Welcome
Mar 18, 2022 3:38 pm
Welcome Aboard!

You mention that you've been involved with developing RPGs. Could you elaborate on that?
Mar 18, 2022 3:57 pm
Aerth says:
... own the books for dozens of other games I've yet to be able to play (which is a trait I suspect I share with many people ...
You are not wrong. :)

Welcome.
Mar 18, 2022 4:34 pm
Welcome!
Mar 18, 2022 4:50 pm
Welcome! This is the perfect venue to try out those obscure (or not-so-obscure) RPGs you own.
Mar 18, 2022 5:10 pm
Hello, Aerth!

https://i.imgur.com/78ijVEk.jpg
Mar 18, 2022 5:35 pm
witchdoctor says:
Welcome Aboard!

You mention that you've been involved with developing RPGs. Could you elaborate on that?
Sorry, I didn't mean for this to imply that I had worked on anything people have heard of haha! I'm just a one-man indie developer myself (it even feels a little disingenuous to say that about what's essentially just a hobby for fun). I've finished one passion project that wasn't meant for publication (it was a love letter to my playgroup) and I'm working on a couple others that will hopefully be published in the near future.
Mar 18, 2022 5:54 pm
Welcome, Aerth!

Len

Mar 18, 2022 7:36 pm
Welcome to the community, Aerth!
Mar 18, 2022 9:27 pm
Welcome to GP, Aerth!
Mar 18, 2022 10:55 pm
Hello and welcome!
Mar 19, 2022 1:23 am
Welcome!
Mar 19, 2022 3:03 am
Hello
Mar 19, 2022 7:26 pm
Aerth says:
. . . and own the books for dozens of other games I've yet to be able to play (which is a trait I suspect I share with many people, ha).
I'll get to them..... one day.

Welcome to the site!
Last edited March 19, 2022 7:27 pm
Mar 19, 2022 8:14 pm
Aerth says:
witchdoctor says:
Welcome Aboard!

Sorry, I didn't mean for this to imply that I had worked on anything people have heard of haha! I'm just a one-man indie developer myself (it even feels a little disingenuous to say that about what's essentially just a hobby for fun). I've finished one passion project that wasn't meant for publication (it was a love letter to my playgroup) and I'm working on a couple others that will hopefully be published in the near future.
Published or not, it's always interesting to hear a bit about passion projects. It's fascinating to hear about the hows and whys of RPG design.
Mar 27, 2022 11:37 am
Welcome, I like Savage Worlds too, but the Deluxe Edition.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.