Hello there

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 24, 2022 7:44 pm
Aisede here. I'm not entirely sure what I'm supposed to do here... So I guess I'll start with the basics: I've been roleplaying doe the past... Seven years or so- not 'casual', just not TTRPG stuff- and have been searching for literate partners all over the internet. For context, that's literate as in a proper grasp on grammar and punctuation, not just length.

I've always taken an interest in tabletop games, but due to a certain disorder, I've always had trouble socializing. I only ever found one group IRL, and the entire campaign lasted 3 sessions, so... Yeah, not a whole lot of experience on that front. It was fun, and I'd like to try something longer, but I'm not one for VC. I much prefer chat-style roleplay, like that found on Discord. Two, three hours spent, fishing out post after post, developing a story in real time! That's what I love for. The thrill of active creation. What's less thrilling is spending days waiting for one or two responses.

Anyway... That about concludes my introduction, I guess. A fair warning, I was raised into roleplay by a bona fide elitist, and a lot of those lessons have ingrained in me over the years. I'm very picky when it comes to partners
Mar 24, 2022 7:51 pm
Welcome to GP!
Mar 24, 2022 8:02 pm
Welcome, Aisede!

I'm afraid with most pbp games, wait times between posts will be something you have to deal with. Though the details of course vary between different games.

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.
If you have any questions about how to use the site, you can put them into our Questions and Help subforum.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

I also run a beginner's game as a quick introduction to GamersPlane and play-by-post, if you're interested.

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Mar 24, 2022 8:10 pm
Hi there!

Keep an eye on the Gamers Tavern, hop into the discord for a chat, and I'm sure you'll get some games soon enough - especially if you're prepared to expand your horizons and try unfamiliar systems.

Bowl's beginners' tutorial is supposed to be excellent.
Mar 24, 2022 8:18 pm
Welcome!
Mar 24, 2022 8:19 pm
https://c.tenor.com/Zxu5S6-0qHAAAAAM/whalecome.gif

no, I'm not immature at all.
Mar 24, 2022 8:28 pm
If you're interested in what Gamers' Plane PbP looks like, then I'd recommend two of my favourite public games:
The Wild Beyond the Witchlight (D&D 5e)
and
Traveler (Things from the Flood)
Mar 24, 2022 8:57 pm
Traveler is part three of the campaign, though. Do you also tell people to start with Return of the Jedi?
Mar 24, 2022 9:19 pm
bowlofspinach says:
Traveler is part three of the campaign, though. Do you also tell people to start with Return of the Jedi?
You anarchist!
Mar 24, 2022 10:00 pm
Welcome Aisede, hope you find some great games to your liking!
Mar 24, 2022 10:04 pm
Welcome to GP!
Mar 25, 2022 2:34 am
Welcome to GP, Aisede. There are other places on the net to check for synchronous play-by-chat play, but GP is hard to beat for forum-based TTRPGs.
Mar 25, 2022 3:07 am
Hello and welcome!

Len

Mar 25, 2022 6:38 am
Aisede, welcome to the community!
Mar 25, 2022 8:35 am
welcome
Mar 25, 2022 3:55 pm
Welcome to the fold! We spoke on Discord. If you feel like you want to flex you're writing muscles, feel free to come set something up in the "Solo Game"
Mar 27, 2022 11:35 am
Welcome! I have anxiety myself, and its hard to meet strangers in voice. This is a perfect site then for me. I'm sure you will make many friends and have a good time.
Mar 31, 2022 12:57 pm
Welcome to the community, @Aisede. For what it's worth, I also suffer from crippling social anxiety, and this place has been a literal lifesaver.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.