Ask Me Anything: the_cava

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Mar 27, 2022 10:29 pm
witchdoctor says:
The E6 variant rules are amongst my favorite hacks for D&D.
Then Brancalonia might very well be the 5e setting for you.
Mar 28, 2022 5:11 am
Lucca vs Modena? Which one you prefer and why?
(2 major nerd cons in Italy, Modena more focused on boardgames and games in general, Lucca is huge and has everything).
Mar 28, 2022 7:39 am
Standard array question:
-What's your occupation? If it's college/uni, what are you studying?

Point buy question:
- Rules-light or crunch for your RPGs?

Player to your left rolls for your stats question:
Which is the B-movie that you just have a thing for and keep rewatching?
Mar 28, 2022 8:13 am
Aironfabio says:
Lucca vs Modena? Which one you prefer and why?
(2 major nerd cons in Italy, Modena more focused on boardgames and games in general, Lucca is huge and has everything).
It's been years since I last went to Lucca, but I forsook it because it became too messy and organising to get there had become a hellish task.
I've been to Modena last year for the first time, and I loved it, so I'll return this year. I'm actually planning on getting a table to showcase my game as well.
So, yes, I prefer Modena at the moment, though Lucca has an incomparable charm that I hope will shine again.
Mar 28, 2022 8:36 am
Antiproduct says:
Standard array question:
-What's your occupation? If it's college/uni, what are you studying?
I'm just a boring office employee in a private banking firm.
Antiproduct says:
Point buy question:
- Rules-light or crunch for your RPGs?
Both? I deeply enjoy minimalist games like 2400 and TinyD6 as much as crunchier things like Lancer and Fragged Empire. Depends on what strikes my fancy at the moment and the people I'm playing with.
Antiproduct says:
Player to your left rolls for your stats question:
Which is the B-movie that you just have a thing for and keep rewatching?
It's been a while since I rewatched a movie, and I'm honestly not really sure about what constitutes a B-movie anymore. That being said, I have a thing for many movies (in addition to the couple I mentioned earlier), The Mummy (1999) in particular, since it felt like watching our Call of Cthulhu party on the screen. Does that count?
Mar 28, 2022 1:21 pm
Luca Tirili or Alex Staropoli?
Mar 28, 2022 1:32 pm
Qralloq says:
Luca Tirili or Alex Staropoli?
This feels like a trick question, though I was moving away from epic metal just around the time they split. I think Rhapsody has been the band that introduced me to the genre, and I still fondly remember their first album... That I listened to on minidisc...
On a side note, a friend put them on while returning from Fabcon (a gaming weekend in a medieval town held every summer) and it has been a magical moment.
Mar 29, 2022 3:03 pm
my 'Trademark Question' ©Antiproduct:
What do movies and television get wrong about your culture?

Whats your favorite meal, and what's the first and last bite?

What's the best and the worst car you've driven?

What's your favorite movie based on a video game?
Mar 29, 2022 6:32 pm
crazybirdman says:
my 'Trademark Question' ©Antiproduct:
What do movies and television get wrong about your culture?
Italy seldom appears in the international media I consume, and the few times I've seen it, I didn't notice particularly wrong tropes.
crazybirdman says:
Whats your favorite meal, and what's the first and last bite?
My favourite meal would be an entrée of olive ascolane, followed by a generous plate of cappelletti in brodo and a good fiorentina, with a nice serving of zuppa inglese to top it off.
Truth is, though, I really like to explore and try different things, but I didn't want to reply with a vague "my favourite meal is one that's new, where the first and last bites are surprises".
crazybirdman says:
What's the best and the worst car you've driven?
I never even got a driver's licence, so I can't answer this.
crazybirdman says:
What's your favorite movie based on a video game?
Postal

You do not have permission to post in this thread.