Day 2

load previous
Jun 2, 2022 6:06 am
OOC:
@bubbles, yeh sorry and you got it it was Anguis not silver
Recap: you found a single chest and a locker. This chest did not contain any food as the chests you are looking for, instead it contained a book of dark rituals and mancles. Locker contained diary and bookkeeping records. Anguis where in the middle of analysing rituals when battle triggered.
See details on page 18

I would also like to say you investigate the room with spiders and find no more spiders or invisible creatures as hellhound have consumed all of the spiders already. There are no chests either, only some tables/shelfs/sofas/chairs. All antique.
Jun 2, 2022 6:11 am
We are hurt rather badly here. Might be best to hold up a bit. Looks like we have cleared this area so it should be safe. Thorem is suggesting a long rest.
Jun 2, 2022 6:51 am
OOC:
@GeneCortess Your PC do remember that maze is closing within 6 hours of your entrance and it changes. Do you suggest to risk stay in the maze past that time? Well let's make it easier and I tell you you die if you do so. Entire content of the maze is destroyed and new created over the night.
So I hope I misunderstood and you suggest moving back to settlement instead of having long rest in the maze
Jun 2, 2022 9:05 am
Well then a short rest will allow us to use our recovery for more hp.
Jun 2, 2022 10:31 am
OOC:
You could certainly take a short rest here. As I've noted previously I will be rolling some dice and there is a tiny chance to have some new enemies spawning in cleared areas, but those would easy difficulty
Jun 2, 2022 10:56 am
I agree, a rest would be nice, I still want to look trough the papers... a snack would be nice to... Anguis thinks about what to do during the short rest... He looks at the chain and manacles and decides to pocket the chain, it might be useful - as a leash...
OOC:
I second the short rest, doggo already got dem snacks,
Last edited June 2, 2022 10:56 am
Jun 2, 2022 11:16 am
OOC:
Two out of 3 currently active players chose SR, so let's move on.
Do your Short Rest!
Team decides to taka a break and look through the papers during the break. While not at a hurry you manage to gather following:
It looks like a diary of either a priest, acolyte or a healer worked in the organisation called "Happy people". He have recorded variable success of his "treatment methods" on a different subjects. The worst one ended with patient death. While controversial, his treatment methods were certainly cheap based on expenses.
In parallel to his treatment there were some scientific research in progress to replace his treatment methods or perhaps provide alternative - obviously more expensive.
Finally you discover that "Happy people" were employing 3rd party for security reasons, but looks like the 3rd party have done some permanent security improvements because monthly expenses (payment to guards) has not beed done in last half year. There is a note in dairy that say new protection system in but genial and prevents sapient intruders from entering in a way he would never have guessed. Diary author seems to adore protection designers for how cheap but effective the design is.
OOC:
Do your SR and tell me what would you like to do next.
Jun 2, 2022 1:58 pm
Recovery.
This cot is too small to get comfortable.
Last edited June 2, 2022 1:59 pm

Rolls

recovery - (d12+2)

(4) + 2 = 6

Jun 2, 2022 2:03 pm
Anguis goes through papers while making crab for the others....
[ +- ] Chef (lvl4)

Rolls

Short rest - (1d10+1d8+2)

(9) + (1) + 2 = 12

Jun 2, 2022 4:38 pm
Thorem isn't too interested in the papers and such. He prefers to read about history if he does.

He will preform with his dulcimer and some light singing to pass the time. He is his normal reserved and somber self otherwise. His performance isn't just a general one, he does attempt to make it more suitable for the party's taste.
OOC:
Thorem regains his second wind and is still off 3 hp but doesn't do anything for that.
Jun 2, 2022 4:44 pm
OOC:
Bellow could regain another 1d8 HPs due to Anguis chef feat
Anyhow, I suggest you consider what do you do after the short rest
Jun 2, 2022 4:53 pm
Thoughts of going back the way we came is the nebula fear complex. There was a broken stairs here that with some rope and lowering to lead to something if I recall right. Isn't that correct?
Jun 2, 2022 5:16 pm
OOC:
Yes there are broken stairs and there are playhouse in room 2 and some children toys in room 4 https://i.imgur.com/OMpzZGh.jpg
Note that image is outdated - locker next to (4) is moved
And idea to use some rope and lowering to lead to something seems crazy cool to me. Describe who is to be lowered, who does rope tying, etc. I will decide some rolls afterwards (i.e. may ask slight of hand if I think rope is probably not tied good enough)
Jun 2, 2022 7:23 pm
Thanks for the tasty snacks Anguis.

Rolls

recovery - (d8)

(5) = 5

Jun 2, 2022 8:37 pm
With a few moments till Thorem considers the rope down the stairs he will go and collect up the toys in room 4 for the kids at the camp.
OOC:
Thorem has 50' hempen rope and 10 pitons.
Jun 3, 2022 5:23 am
Thorem collets a doll and dress for that doll. There are skdo some wooden sticks that are placed to form that remins what was in the dark ritual book but a tiny version of it.
Jun 3, 2022 6:32 am
After the short rest Anguis would like to finish going trough the paperwork. (All paperwork, at least at a level that he understands what are the contents.) He also takes out a piece of monster crab and feeds it to the hound. Hopefully not getting burned this time.
OOC:
as a player i am really curious about the contents of the 2 books and the documents.... Since those are "fake'' rituals and Anguis knows that ghosts are involved, i believe that he would like to know as much as possible about it.
Last edited June 3, 2022 6:35 am

Rolls

Intelligence check - (1d20+1)

(5) + 1 = 6

Jun 3, 2022 6:34 am
Who should I lower down that stairs to check it out? He is obviously looking for volunteers.
Jun 3, 2022 7:16 am
OOC:
Mal? Are you still with us?
Bellow looks at Anguis and thinks, I am either on the rope or I'm holding the dog's rope.

Here, Anguis, put my glaive in the big bag and I'll go down the rope.
Jun 3, 2022 7:20 am
OOC:
Roll Intelligence for Anguis, there are some non obvious things he could conclude, but it wouldn't be easy.
I believe I've provided everything that you could figure out without check, let me provide overview of that:
Rituals aren't "fake" they are real rituals, but they are totally different from those rituals that take 10 minutes and trigger spells which you have seen clerics to perform. These rituals take up to several hours each and you can not recall lore of similar rituals.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.