Day 2

load previous
Jun 3, 2022 9:47 am
Not being able to comprehend the origins of the said rituals Anguis still agressively pockets the full and abridged versions of the book, for further study during rests ... Bloody hell, am i my lord's paladin or a petty fanatic?! still angry at his own lack of knowledge he turns to Bellow. With a poorly hidden agression in his voice Bellow, take the manacles, they might become handy if we ever need to take a hostage...
OOC:
Anguis is stubborn and not knowing things like this could probably trigger him...
Last edited June 3, 2022 9:48 am
Jun 3, 2022 10:08 am
Bellow get's tied to a rope, Anguis and Thorem ar both holding the rope as Bellow carefully steps on the broken stairs...
But his foot disappears into the stairs. At his amazement the foot stops on a solid ground half feet below. After the first surprise gone he takes next step and realise that the broken stairs are but an illusion few inches above the real stairs. When he makes his way till the first turn he see that illusion ends after the next turn and there are indeed solid stairs further down. Or is it yet another illusions? He don't know what to believe any more...
OOC:

I hope you don't mind my sense of humour with this one. And Anguis just failed to learn a hint on the house "security" be associated with magic of illusions also used in rituals to impress those experiencing the ritual. A hint I was trying to put there that appeared not necessary
After some struggling Bellow makes it down and see that stairs continue down more that he could see and he see chests on every turn
OOC:
There will be 8 chests as usual with food and some stuff, will describe later
There is but one problem - hellhound is certainly not willing to move by what he see as broken stairs.
OOC:
How will you ensure hellhound makes it down the stairs?
Jun 3, 2022 8:11 pm
I untie the rope.
Thorem, you can retrieve your rope. The stairs are good down to here and I see more going further. Lot's of chests. Hand down the big bag and I'll collect the loot.
Jun 3, 2022 9:18 pm
Thorem retrieves his rope and will head down the real stairs to help loot what we came for. Be right there. He says as he starts down the stairs.
OOC:
Woot. 8 chests. Thorem expect to be coming back heavily loaded.
Jun 4, 2022 6:35 pm
Here, please take the bag. Anguis hands the bag of holding after he puts his personal bag in it. Then he turns to the hound Infernal Come on boy, its alright! its probably just some stupid magic, you're going to be alright, i am going to walk in first...after were done I will give you a juicy monster crab claw that we collected earlier... he attempts to persuade the hound to follow him down the stairs.
Last edited June 4, 2022 7:27 pm

Rolls

Persuasion - (1d20+5)

(20) + 5 = 25

Jun 4, 2022 7:13 pm
Thorem does take the bag of holding with him when he goes down.
Jun 5, 2022 7:40 am
Hellhound hesitates for a moment and then jumps down the stairs, almost dragging Anguis behind.
You stuff food and materials into the bag and also find 8 potions. All with aye symbol on it.
OOC:
I'm rolling arcana for each of you to check if anyone have had experience with this particular potion and could identify it based on smell/taste without using it. DC is 15 as it is very rare potion

Rolls

Anguis 'Greg' Nessus: Arcana - (1d20+1)

(4) + 1 = 5

Thorem: Arcana - (1d20+2)

(8) + 2 = 10

Bellow Banyan: Arcana - (1d20-1)

(10) - 1 = 9

Mal'i'Gott': Arcana - (1d20-1)

(6) - 1 = 5

Jun 5, 2022 7:52 am
The smell of all 8 potions is the same, but not known to you. You continue the stairs and they take you almost 100 feet down until end with a simple wooden doors with no lockers. You hear sound from the other side as if someone is working
For Bellow it is like cutting down a tree or something
For Thorem this trigger association with pickaxe in the mines
For Anguis - fight training using training swords (made of wood)

You try to open doors a bit to peek, but realize doors are stuck and you will need to use force to open it.
OOC:
Who is going first through the doors? Do you do anything before opening the doors?
DC 15 Strength check with advantage (because you could help each other or use tools) to open them quietly if you wish to
Jun 5, 2022 11:10 am
When loading the loot, I retrieve my glaive from the bag of holding.
At the door, I make a motion of knocking and shrug my shoulders as if to ask if we should knock.
Jun 5, 2022 5:21 pm
Interesting concept that knocking as Thorem watches Bellow. Why not.
Jun 5, 2022 7:26 pm
Knowing Anguis will want to avoid a fight if possible...
I knock on the door and take a step back.
Jun 5, 2022 10:57 pm
Anguis, taken by surprise by the hounds sudden courage goes down right behind it with a woah...easy there... he almost falls over, but manages to follow the hound successfully, as it leaps down the hidden staircase....

When down Anguis reaches into the bag, while Torhem and Bellow are stuffing it with food and takes out a nice big peace of the monster crab, that he gives to the hound for consumption...

After he got handed one of the potions, anguish examines it, and makes a conclusion that he doesn't have a slightest clue what it is, so he just shrugs and put it on his belt, it might come in handy...
OOC:
Added acrobatics for myself...
Last edited June 5, 2022 11:04 pm

Rolls

Acrobatics - (1d20+0)

(14) = 14

Jun 6, 2022 7:11 am
Hellhound look at crab piece but ignores it.
Once at the doors hellhound is becoming nervous, tiny flames coming out of his mouth.

Bellow knocks at the door then wait but nothing happens. The regular blowing sound continues just as before
Jun 6, 2022 8:05 am
Fine. Thorem huffs. He goes to the door and uses his might to open it and view what is beyond.
OOC:
Woot. Natural 20.
Last edited June 6, 2022 8:06 am

Rolls

Athletics - (1d20+7)

(20) + 7 = 27

Jun 6, 2022 9:48 am
Anguis contemplates hounds decision not to eat the meat....It makes no sense, he gladly consumed the rotting corpses why not this??
Jun 6, 2022 10:33 am
Thorem try to push door, but they don't open. He makes few steps back and bump into the door with running start... the force just enough to keep doors moving so he opens the doors and you see someone at work hammering the wall next to the bridge, it is not immediately obvious what is he doing but he don't seem to notice you yet. Hard to tell if it is a construct or a humanoid from the first look.
[ +- ] The someone looks like this

https://i.imgur.com/dSvWZ4D.png

Hellhound immediately try to get forward. But is blocked by Thorem and slowed down by Anguis keeping him at a rope.
OOC:
Unless you want to attract creature attention and talk to him, please describe your
GreyWord sent a note to GeneCortess
OOC:
Thorem may do intelligence(religion) check to see if he has recalls dwarf religion lore that would be suitable here
Jun 6, 2022 10:50 am
intelligence(religion)
OOC:
Nice. 19.. :)
Last edited June 6, 2022 10:51 am

Rolls

Religion Check - (1d20+2)

(17) + 2 = 19

Jun 6, 2022 11:05 am
OOC:
Providing @GeneCortess with lore info in a private message
Jun 6, 2022 11:38 am
Thorem looks over the Duegar's chain to calculate how far it can move. Well. We have places to explore. Can Thorem judge if we came down enough to be on the same leave we were before we climbed up the stairs? Thorem has his greataxe in hands.
Jun 6, 2022 12:11 pm
The chain is fixed to the wall 5 feet from it, your way. Hard to calculate precize but if could be 10-20 feel long chain, so it would reach doors but not stairs you believe.
https://i.imgur.com/36GNw6q.png
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.