Day 2

load previous
Apr 9, 2022 7:58 am
OOC:
At the start of Round 4, is Thorem at I17? (Which is about where I would have put him from running away from the Death Cube during round 3.) And he hasn't done anything yet, so he has a full round to do something for once? I show Thorem right now at 6 HP and rather roasted from acid damage.
Last edited April 9, 2022 8:01 am
Apr 9, 2022 8:12 am
OOC:
@GeneCortess - exactly! I17 was my guess and I am happy we are on the same page there
Apr 9, 2022 9:19 am
OOC:
Awaiting: Yoth and Mal: DEX save to see where everything is and what not before posting for Round 4.
Apr 9, 2022 1:18 pm
Bellow's weapon in hand is his glaive. I move within 10 feet of cube and slice it with glaive's reach.

Rolls

Normal atk - (D20+5)

(4) + 5 = 9

Glaive dmg - (D10+3)

(4) + 3 = 7

Apr 9, 2022 1:27 pm
OOC:
Gnellson: Bellow could slice it as opportunity attack on reaction during cube's turn and then again during your normal turn. So feel free to add one more attack roll (and by the way, Bellow are still blessed you could add 1d4 to hit, though 9 were enough and you don't need to add bless to that first roll)
Apr 9, 2022 2:11 pm
OOC:
glaive is two handed.
Here is AoO if still allowed.

Rolls

AoO - (D20+d4+5)

(9) + (4) + 5 = 18

AoO dmg - (D10+3)

(9) + 3 = 12

Apr 9, 2022 4:31 pm
OOC:
Goth moved to cell J4, so I don’t think he’s in the path of the cube.

Dex save for Mal
Mal attempts to dive away from the cube’s path of movement.

On Mal’s turn, he will attempt to assault the cube (whether from within or from without).
OOC:
Action: attack cube
Move: (if not restrained by cube), moving 30 feet away from cube

Rolls

Dexterity save - (1d20+0)

(3) = 3

Maul to hit vs cube (adding extra die roll for disadvantage if needed) - (1d20+6, 1d20+6, 2d6+4)

1d20+6 : (11) + 6 = 17

1d20+6 : (16) + 6 = 22

2d6+4 : (21) + 4 = 7

Rerolling damage - (2d6)

(21) = 3

Apr 9, 2022 5:22 pm
Seeing, that escaping close combat is not an option Anguis approaches the cube, attacks it with his werewolf detector (Moon-Touched Sword) and retreats 10 ft away from it.
Nope, i'm not staying next to that filthy thing!
OOC:
End position H6; AC 18
Last edited April 9, 2022 7:59 pm

Rolls

Longsword to hit - (1d20+5)

(9) + 5 = 14

Longsword damage - (1d8+5slashing)

(6) + 5 = 11

Apr 9, 2022 6:22 pm
OOC:
I've fixed Yoth location on map, he don't need to do dex save! Thanks for pointing out my mistake
Mal is restrained due to failed dex save and takes damage rolling now
OOC:
Regarding two handed weapon - my mistake again. You could hold it in one hand and only need two during attack, so Below actions are all good
You will kill the the Cube and the water monster do not show up so we will be out of initiative.
If Thorem makes at lest 6 damage he kills cube otherwise Anguis does that
I will allow Thorem to post his turn, I believe he deserves to finish the acid monster

Rolls

Mal - damage from cube engulfing him - (3d6)

(326) = 11

Apr 9, 2022 6:31 pm
OOC:
In round 2, Yoth had moved to J4, so he shouldn't be in danger of being engulfed this round. Im going to post assuming that is true..
Yoth sees that the dwarf is finally free of the cube, but he is very injured. He is also at the opposite end of the room. In order to properly heal him, Yoth needs to be closer, so he takes off running.

Yoth sprints around the perimeter the room, opposite the side of the bath containing the animated water. When he gets closer to Thorem, he speaks a quick word of devotion and sends healing energy to the injured dwarf.
OOC:
Move: Move 30' around right side of map to N6.
Action: Dash 30' to N12
Bonuse Action: Cast Healing Word on Thorem
HP healed is in the attached roll.

Rolls

Healiing Word (with Life Cleric bonus) - (1d4+5)

(1) + 5 = 6

Apr 10, 2022 2:16 am
Yoth... Mal... Welcome to the maze.
Two rooms cleared and my skin's peeling off.
It's never just weapon vs weapon. Expect something more.
OOC:
At 26/41 hp.
Last edited April 10, 2022 3:26 am
Apr 10, 2022 9:34 am
Will someone PLEASE READ the damn book for me?! Please, remember wheat would have happen, if we chose not to look at the monk map yesterday, in that trap infested purgatory of a temple. It seems like the whole mess with the cube, and the headsrongness of some has put him on edge. Oh, nine hells. Don't tell me that there's a moving water blob in here... Anguis believes hopes that the water elemental was a hallucination...

Then he walks to the hound grabs the rope and gives him the Really? are you ******* kidding with me?! look. In infernalI guess you really don't understand your position, alright... I will make sure to teach you everything myself.
Last edited April 10, 2022 9:39 am
Apr 10, 2022 10:15 am
OOC:
OK, I suppose it is 24 hours so Thorem dodge on his turn and

Anguis longsword tier cube apart, you see how Gelatinous Cube's acid reminds flow into small holes around each bath
Hellhound whines then growls.
OOC:
Out of initiative. What do you do next?
Apr 10, 2022 3:38 pm
OOC:
Thorem was waiting for the air to clear before posting.
Thorem will rush the cube and attempt to split in two as he feels revived some.
OOC:
Move to cube, greataxe attack for 17 doing 6 slashing, Action Surge greataxe attack for 22 and 13 slashing, Second Wind bonus action 7 points healed. Thorem does 19 points of slashing damage total to the cube.
OOC:
Thorem: 13/36 HP, AC(14), Greataxe in both hands, INIT 14
Last edited April 10, 2022 3:45 pm

Rolls

Greataxe, Damage, Action Surge Greataxe, Damage, Second wind - (1d20+7, 1d12+5, 1d20+7, 1d12+5, 1d10+4)

1d20+7 : (10) + 7 = 17

1d12+5 : (1) + 5 = 6

1d20+7 : (15) + 7 = 22

1d12+5 : (8) + 5 = 13

1d10+4 : (3) + 4 = 7

Apr 11, 2022 2:54 am
Mal wicks away the slime that just recently engulfed him. He kicks at it and says, "Good riddance! Though it is all in my armor now, yuck!"

He walks over to Bellow, squeaking with each step, and says, "Here, let me help you with that."

He gives him 10 points of lay on hands healing.
[ +- ] Lay on Hands (10/20 left)
OOC:
Mal is at 25/36 HP.
Apr 11, 2022 11:19 am
OOC:
Reminder: out of initiative. What do you do next? Do you need me to remind what's in the room? 4 buttons and two handles on the table, double doors, 4 pools and 10 white cubes. Book hand-written on the table in so far unknown language. Two "electro-towers"
Apr 11, 2022 11:50 am
Anguis will stand next to the hellhound and wait for others to come to their senses, he once more looks trough the papers, if there's nothing that he can use as reference, and others either don't want to or can't help him understand this place, he will yell to the others Hey, i don't know what these do so be on guard. and start pressing all of the buttons to learn what they do...
Well if none is going to help me, i can find out everything myself...
Last edited April 11, 2022 11:51 am
Apr 11, 2022 3:29 pm
After healing Bellow, Mal will look at the table prior to Anguis' impatience getting the better of him, and he will say, "Why don't we do this in a wise manner, brother Anguis? Why don't we take this in a methodical manner?

"He takes a gander at the book, shall we?"

He starts to investigate the book, see if there are sketches, or any details that he can glean from its pages.

HeroAmongMen sent a note to GreyWord

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20-1)

(7) - 1 = 6

Secret Roll

Apr 11, 2022 3:35 pm
Yoth surveys the nature of Mal and Thorem's Wounds, and considers their situation. The two of them seem likely to be at the front lines again, so making sure they are as healthy as possible seems wise. Yoth reaches out to the divine power of The Survivor and heals them further.

Once that is complete, Yoth will go to the books and see if any of it is written in Draconic.
OOC:
Yoth uses his Life Domain Channel Divinity power to heal Mal for 10 hp and Thorem for 10 hp. That consumes his Chanel Divinity power until after a short rest.
Apr 11, 2022 3:57 pm
Mal says, "Thank you, Yoth. I feel much invigorated by your faith, even to the healing of my skin.

"I am not sure if your power comes from your faith or your god, but regardless of its power source, I appreciate you very much."
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.