Day 2

load previous
May 13, 2022 4:27 pm
Thorem comes out of the room with two manacles, sacrificial knife, & a black covered book. These are for the bag. Perhaps someone at the village can explain them. After unloading them he will go and try to open the locked chest with his prying tools. Let see what we have in here.
May 15, 2022 5:57 am
OOC:
Not sure what in terms of DnD items you mean by prying tools, but to upon a locked chest you either thieves tools lot lockpick it or you could do Str check to break it open.
If you posses crowbar it could be applied
Quote:
Using a crowbar grants advantage to Strength checks where the crowbar's leverage can be applied.
May 15, 2022 6:04 am
OOC:
Thorem has a crowbar, hammer, & 10 Pitons besides trying to use handaxes for levers. He doesn't have any Thieves' tools or any skill with such. I give you an open d20 to work with.

Rolls

Open 1d20 - (1d20)

(4) = 4

May 15, 2022 6:10 am
OOC:
Roll one more and I will add your str modifier (+5) to that.
I rephrase: you need to do s Strenght check to open the chest. Crowbar grants you advantage. I hope you roll better because 9=4+5 is not enough.
May 15, 2022 8:09 am
another d20 roll

Rolls

another d20 roll - (1d20)

(11) = 11

May 15, 2022 3:41 pm
You open it smoothly and find some bookkeeping papers inside. This is written in common and clear, though there are a lot of them, at the first glance you could understand:
1. The organization called "Happy people" keep their expenses booked
2. Income is based on donations
3. There are numerous expenses associated with "Greed cure research", 4 baths among them
4. Expenses are it 3 categories - research, execution and security
You find also another book that seems more like a diary. At first glance it it someone in charge of the organization, though when we read the last records you see angry notes of scientists wasting money on questionable experiments though his his practices are working well and a single casualty is just an exception.
OOC:
If you want to research either books or diary you choose one of 2 and roll intelligence to see if it only takes you a few minutes or something like 10 minutes
May 15, 2022 8:40 pm
Anguis looks trough the occult book, is there anything interesting or real there? Or are the rituals made up, meant to scare children and point out cultist wannabes?
May 15, 2022 9:35 pm
This area isn't very good for what we want. Thorem walks over to door 2 and opens it to see what is beyond.
May 16, 2022 8:09 am
At first glance it does not look like magic rituals Anguis has seen (i.e. not a spell casting rituals).
OOC:
@Bubbles roll both History check and Arcana Checks for details as you take time to
Meanwhile Thorem decided not to invest time on paperwork and opens the last doors and see a room with furniture and some broken items all across. Each piece of furniture is covered with a white cloth. Spiderwebs all around
This room also experience dim light from holes in the roof. You hear sound of a wind blowing through the holes in roof and wall to the west and you have an impression impression that the two cloth on your right are waving.

https://i.imgur.com/OMpzZGh.jpg
May 16, 2022 8:49 am
Ignoring Torhems suicidal tendencies Anguis decides to take his time with the book, later the paperwork in the hallway between the rooms. Well im sick and tired of hinting that there's always a smart way to deal with things, if he wants to jump head-first into danger be my guest.... he thinks to himself as he goes trough the paperwork.
Last edited May 16, 2022 8:50 am

Rolls

Arcana - (1d20+1)

(11) + 1 = 12

History - (1d20+1)

(17) + 1 = 18

May 16, 2022 8:54 am
Thorem stops at the threshold of the door and steps back away from the room and closes the door. He says to the other, I don't like the way this room looks. I get the feeling like something dead is in there. Either way it is probably isn't something we want to bother with. Seems this place here is such.
May 16, 2022 9:53 am
As Anguis start reading particular ritual details he gains further proof that the rituals are not magical. However he does recall dark rituals performed by cult leaders to impress worshipers.
[ +- ] Quote from forgottenrealms I've found
Based on ritual descriptions and illustrations Anguis conclude those would also be perfectly suited to impress observers and targets. Target of many rituals are a humanoid who is supposed to live after major blood loss that may look like deadly, but are not supposed to be.
May 16, 2022 10:19 am
Angius smirks as he bags the book and turns his full attention to the paperwork abandoned by Torhem...Heh... a book for small-fry, everyone knows that the best gift is a soul, a strong one for torture and a weak one for a snack...Only flashy fools care about flesh sacrifices...
Last edited May 16, 2022 10:20 am
May 16, 2022 8:10 pm
Mal asks Thorem: "Is there anything worth checking out? Can I help you with that?"

He peeks into the room, looking around, and he notices the flapping cloths, and he goes up to one of them and checks it out.
OOC:
DM, let me know if you would like me to roll Perception or Investigation for that checking of the flapping cloth.
May 16, 2022 8:13 pm
Thorem easily steps aside for Mal to enter the room and check it out. Thorem just has a bad feeling about it. I just don't like the room.
May 16, 2022 8:23 pm
OOC:
no need for perception roll. Only an initiative:)
The moment Mal touches the cloth a swarm of spider attack him. He is certainly surprised about that. Thorem is not.
OOC:
I decided to rule everyone but Thorem and spiders are technically surprised.
Everyone roll initiative.

Rolls

spider initiative - (1d20+1)

(1) + 1 = 2

May 16, 2022 8:25 pm
Thorem's INIT. Thorem instinctively throws a firebolt at the mess with hope to aid unfortunate Mal.
OOC:
Firebolt hits with a 17 and does 10 points of fire damage.
OOC:
Thorem: AC 14, 36/36 HP, Greataxe in hands.
Last edited May 16, 2022 8:34 pm

Rolls

INIT Check - (1d20+1)

(19) + 1 = 20

Firebolt, Damage - (1d20+4, 1d10)

1d20+4 : (13) + 4 = 17

1d10 : (10) = 10

May 16, 2022 8:30 pm
Thorem reaction before spider does anything
OOC:
you could do your turn before spiders bite Mal
May 16, 2022 8:34 pm
"you could do your turn before spiders bite Mal"

In that case, you will see Thorem casting another firebolt.
May 16, 2022 10:42 pm
Mal is surprised by the spiders, thus he doesn’t get to act on the first turn.

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+0)

(18) = 18

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.