Day 2

load previous
May 21, 2022 3:42 am
OOC:
Where are we on combat table with INIT? and what is left to KILL. Recap would be nice.
May 21, 2022 5:32 am
Resolving players turn and hell hound action.

Hellhound follows Anguis and target spider swarm with it's firebreath. Mal is obviously also affected
Bellow jumps on sofa and tear it apart and you are now all more than certain it is just a sofa that has been set off to fly at you somehow.
OOC:
Bellow gain inspiration for that
OOC:
Mal: dex save DC12 to take half of fire breath damage
round nameinitiative Action
2 Anguis 1 Dash to E5
2 Hellhound 1 Moves to E4 and attacks spiders (firebreath)
--- Round 3 ---
3 Thorem 20 Firebolt spiders
3 Mal 18 Attack spiders, finishing them off
3 Bellow 16 slashing sofa, tear it apart (gain inspiration !)
3 ??? 2 TBD by DM

Rolls

Hellhound fire damage (fire breath) DC12 half - (6d6)

(423131) = 14

Spider dex save - (1d20+1)

(5) + 1 = 6

May 21, 2022 5:49 am
Enemy turn: the laughter continues, and Anguis feel that it is getting pulled bu something and try to stay there grabbing sofa.
OOC:
Anguis - make a Strength Ability Check DC - contest my roll below, on fail you will be thrown against the wall and start next turn at A5
OOC:
Regardless of Anguis and Mal saves everyone could do their next round turn. You all do understand that there is some creature where red circle is on the map, though you do not see it (it invisible)

Rolls

Strength Ability Check DC - (1d20)

(14) = 14

May 21, 2022 6:07 am
Thorem doesn't really have any skills or what not to deal with an invisible enemy, but with the spiders gone that is the option.

Thorem rushes past/through the party. He has his greataxe in both his hands spread out mostly in a horizontal pole situation. He isn't trying to strike at or hurt with it. He is using it to seek out an invisible creature.
OOC:
Thorem is doing a double move covering as much as 50' of the room. He is at E3 and moves to E10 for 35' of movement. From there E11, F11, back to E11. The Hunt is on.
Thorem's goal is to confirm it is an invisible thing and to locate where it is.
OOC:
Thorem: AC 14, 29/36 HP, Greataxe in both hands.
Last edited May 21, 2022 6:18 am

Rolls

Perception Check if needed - (1d20-1)

(17) - 1 = 16

May 21, 2022 6:42 am
OOC:
The invisible creatures - rules:
1. This particular creature is currently very loud and you do not need any checks to know it's location (until it makes hide action contested by your passive perception)
2. Your PC could attack it as normally, but all to hit attacks are made with disadvantage
3. You can not target it with spells that say target a creature you see. For example firebalt do not require to see "You hurl a mote of fire at a creature or object within range". While spell like magic missile say "Each dart hits a creature of your choice that you can see within range."
4. You will not be able to make Attack Of Opportunity "when a Hostile creature that you can see moves out of your reach"

P.S. Same ruling will apply to invisible PCs once/if you manage to get invisible in any way (potions, spells, darkness, ...)
May 21, 2022 6:51 am
Thanx for Invisible rules. Thorem didn't care to try a firebolt at the location and more wants better info as where and who knows perhaps get a better ideal what it is. At least size.

That and Thorem is slow and had to use really his whole round to just close on it. No space/time for an actually attack.

Besides in Thorem's mind it really hasn't attack him. No proof really that it was what propelled the sofa at him, but he like strangle it and find out if it did.

Edit: On anything hitting Thorem and has a "To Hit" with it. Thorem has a reaction Shield casting available. But you did hit him with a Natural 20 on the sofa, so that option did happen. But the shield spell gives him a +5 and that would be a 19 AC. Sofa hit with a 24! Thorem has two slots left for such.

In Thorem's mind, it is better to burn a slot for reaction shield to stop an attack rather then wasting the slot for a whole round trying to heal it.
Last edited May 21, 2022 7:14 am
May 21, 2022 7:16 am
OOC:
As for shield spell and AC in general. I do not know your exact AC (i.e. do you have shield done or not) as well as shield spell. When I roll damage to PC this is actually a potential damage IF your AC does not save you. Feel free to ignore damage if your AC is higher or if you use shield spell. I do not roll damage only if I am certain it did not hit (i.e. below 12).
May 21, 2022 7:27 am
OOC:
Yeah. Just changing back after the fact is easier. Generally speaking Thorem is going to burn those shield slots weather the damage turns out to be 1 hp or 10 hps. Shield cuts in for any to hit of 15 to 19. I believe he has used the shield spell one time so far in the game before.
Last edited May 21, 2022 7:28 am
May 21, 2022 9:30 am
OOC:
Construction
Anguis resists the pull by stabbing the sofa with his blade and holding onto it. He orders the hound to sick whatever is causing it, letting go of the hounds leash.
OOC:

Action - ready action stop (grapple) the hound in case he decidedes to run..

Bonus action - order the hound to sick (kill) whatever is causing the problem.
Last edited May 21, 2022 9:12 pm

Rolls

Strength check - (1d20+3)

(15) + 3 = 18

May 21, 2022 8:25 pm
I see the devil dog and Thorem rush toward the laughter. I step into the doorway (E3) and hold my glaive so as to block anyone from leaving the room.
May 23, 2022 4:55 am
OOC:
Dex save on behalf of Mal and moving forward as Mal is doing dodge this turn
Mal took 7 more fire damage on top of 22 piercing from spiders and still standing with 7 HP based on my math

Rolls

Mal'i'Gott': Dexterity check - (1d20+0)

(19) = 19

May 23, 2022 5:09 am
Resolving players turn and hell hound action.

Anguis stand there watching his hellhound running forward but not doward source of the laughter. Instead it attacks another swarm under another cloth, he manages to consume and burn quite a few of them before they attack.

Bellow guard doors, Mal dodge. Thorem runs forward and looking around see "DON'T BELIEVE YOUR AYES !" written on the wall with red color. He is not certain the sound come for location near him

3 Anguis 1 Ready
3 Hellhound 1 Moves to B9 and attacks spiders (bite)
--- Round 3 ---
4 Thorem 20 Move to E11
4 Mal 18Dodge
4 Bellow 16 Move to doors
4 ??? 2 Attack Thorem and moves through the wall
4 spider(3) 2 Attack hellhound, fails

Rolls

Secret Roll

Hellhound bite - (1d20+5)

(19) + 5 = 24

Hellhound damage - (1d8+3+2d6)

(7) + (23) + 3 = 15

May 23, 2022 5:17 am
Enemy move:
Spiders jump on hellhound and attack
You don't see what a creature next to Thorem does but hear metallic clank and feel a slam targeted at Thorem chest.
After that the metallic clank sound move toward the wall (to the east) and disappear through the wall. You hear same sound from the other side of the wall
OOC:
I mistype with unseen to hit roll, but it is result of 23 and hits anyway
OOC:
OK, it is your turn

Rolls

Spiders attack - (1d20+3)

(1) + 3 = 4

Unseen enemy attack - (2D20H+4)

(193) + 4 = 26

Force damage to Thorem - (3d6)

(553) = 13

May 23, 2022 4:29 pm
Did the clown just go through the wall?
I move to the big room (I4) and try to locate the villain.
May 23, 2022 4:39 pm
clanging sound help to locate creature at K11
May 23, 2022 4:50 pm
Anguis head to the hound (C8) and helps him with the spiders.

Rolls

Longsword to hit - (1d20+5)

(19) + 5 = 24

Longsword damage - (1d8+5slashing)

(1) + 5 = 6

May 23, 2022 7:20 pm
Thorem after getting his breath back, We need to get out of this place. There is no treasure. Only pain.
OOC:
Thorem makes a double move to G3.
May 25, 2022 5:29 am
Anguis slashing the spiders but a few of them still run around hellhound, while Below and Thorem move but Mal stay there trying to understand what to do
Hellhound finish off the rest of the spiders , they are now all burned.

Rolls

Secret Roll

Hellhound to hit - (1d20+5)

(12) + 5 = 17

May 25, 2022 5:42 am
OOC:
Your PCs are well aware of invisible creature location, I've marked it red on battle map. We play RAW creature gives away it's location when attacking and have still gave away location until does hide action. It is only htat attacks against it will has disadvantage and you can not do anything about it
Invisible creature do not move, but stop laughing. Now you only hear metallic clang
Bellow feels Telekinetic attack on him - you must do Strength check DC - value rolled by me . On failed save he thrusts into the wall on the right side of map, taking 11 points of damage and falling prone

4 Anguis 1 Attack spiders
4 Hellhound 1 Finished off spiders
--- Round 5 ---
5 Thorem 20 Move
5 Mal 18Dodge
5 Bellow 16 Move
5 ??? 2 Stay there no more laughing (try to thrust bellow)

OOC:
and it is YOUR TURN everyone

Rolls

DC for Strength check by Bellow - (1d20)

(18) = 18

bludgeoning damage Bellow - (3d6)

(524) = 11

May 25, 2022 5:52 am
Mal runs to where he suspects the invisible creature is, and makes a wide swing with his maul.

Rolls

Maul to hit (disadvantage) vs invisible thing - (1d20+6, 1d20+6, 2d6+4)

1d20+6 : (20) + 6 = 26

1d20+6 : (9) + 6 = 15

2d6+4 : (23) + 4 = 9

Damage reroll - (1d6)

(1) = 1

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.