Day 2

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Apr 4, 2022 7:09 pm
Anguis looks at the hound, he attempts to understand if the fiend senses anything dangerous in the room...
Apr 4, 2022 7:21 pm
Mal steps in here and says, "What in the world is this room used for?"

He considers the pools, looks at his greatsword, and says, "Well, I think a wooden maul is better for stirring things in hot liquids than a metal sword."

He sheaths his greatsword, trading for his maul. He is following about 10-15 feet behind Bellow, keeping an eye out for any threats to lunge at his companions.

He reaches out and says, "Eldath, somehow, I have forgotten my memories, but I remember thee. I devote myself to thee, to the returning of my environment to its natural order. Is there something amiss around me that I cannot see?"
OOC:
Mal will use his Divine Sense feature.
[ +- ] Divine Sense
Last edited April 4, 2022 7:21 pm
Apr 4, 2022 7:24 pm
Bubbles says:
Anguis looks at the hound, he attempts to understand if the fiend senses anything dangerous in the room...
OOC:
Let's make animal handling DC 10 with disadvantage because fiend isn't really and animal, but your ability to intuit animal behaviour may help.
By the way, do you still keep it 5 feet from with a rope around the neck?
Apr 4, 2022 7:32 pm
OOC:
Hell hound next to Anguis is the only celestial, fiend or undead within 60 ft. that is not behind total cover.
Apr 4, 2022 7:38 pm
Trying to understand hounds body language Anguis is quick to give up, since he realizes that the creature.is not a beast but a fiend.

He shrugs and turns towards the books on the table...

The hound is by his side at all times, since Anguis is not sure that the fiend has been successfully tamed by him.
Last edited April 4, 2022 7:44 pm

Rolls

Animal Handling (disadvantage) - (2d20L1-1)

(915) - 1 = 8

Apr 4, 2022 8:34 pm
I slowly sweep the haft through the blue water checking if it bumps into a body.

Rolls

Sleight of hand - (D20+2)

(18) + 2 = 20

Apr 4, 2022 11:01 pm
Thorem doesn't care for this room at all. He is just 5' inside the door and watching for a moment or three right now. This just doesn't look right.
Apr 4, 2022 11:02 pm
Mal grumbles and says, "Seems the only creature from a strange or fantastical place here are us and this hell hound."

Mal will walk up to the large ice cubes and see if he can see into them (are they transparent or opaque?)

He will then investigate the buttons and controls on the table, but from a slight distance (probably 10 feet away to start).
OOC:
Take the roll you would prefer between investigation (-1) and perception (+1) for the ice cubes and the table.

Rolls

Perception (+1) or Investigation (-1) of the Ice Cubes - (1d20)

(11) = 11

Perception (+1) or Investigation (-1) of the Table with controls - (1d20)

(5) = 5

Apr 5, 2022 11:18 am
OOC:
@HeroAmongMen, just a not- I'm ignoring your rolls there is nothing challenging to look at cube or buttons
Bellow don't find any body, nor even any smaller objects, but he realise that there is a hole in the bottom and several smaller holes on the walls, probably used to have water rotation, but the only water movement you see it one created by your sweeping
Anguis see two books both cover is plain brown. No texts, no nothing. He notice a bottle of black ink and a quill however.
Mal looks at buttons and handles: there are 4 buttons it two rows (2x2) all buttons visually the same. Two handles - one on the right one on the left.
Ice cubes at closer investigation appears to be a dirty and though it is hard to see through it, you realise it is white outside but more yellow inside you also notice that you don't see ice melting... most obvious explanation - it is frozen by magic
Thorem finds proof to his statement. The air in this room seems ... dense and dizzy as he look at the doors on the other side of the room he see them doors blur. And that strange smell in the air - somehow reminds of a thunderstorm
OOC:
It smells like ozone
Apr 5, 2022 11:29 am
Anguis will carefully begin to look through the books...
Apr 5, 2022 11:38 am
OOC:
Is this correct list of languages you know: Abyssal, Celestial, Common, Infernal ? If yes then
Anguis see carefully written texts using black ink, but he can't recognise language it is written in
Apr 5, 2022 12:50 pm
Can anyone take a look at these? There are notes, though I'm unable to understand what is written...
OOC:
yes! Exactly!
Apr 5, 2022 1:11 pm
This place is foreign to all languages I know.
I go to the door on the other side of the table and look out. I'm ready to move on but I wait while others fill their curiosity.
Apr 5, 2022 1:26 pm
OOC:
@Gnellson there are only doors are on the other side of the whole room. Picture is not perfect. On the picture you you entered through the window :) just imagine there is one simple door behind you and a double doors on the other side of the room. No other doors. And let's say yiu see nothing through the windows - as a DM I have not planned what would happen should you break through the windows, so please don't , OK?
Apr 5, 2022 3:03 pm
Thorem seeing there is no immediate threat he will stomp his way to the double doors and take a listen. He says before that "I can only do Dwarvish besides common."

Rolls

Listen Check - (1d20-1)

(13) - 1 = 12

Apr 5, 2022 3:08 pm
I don't know the language, so i believe that it is a good guess.
Apr 5, 2022 3:50 pm
Yoth will look at the books to see if they are written in draconic. If not, he will move towards the doors with Thorem.
Apr 5, 2022 3:53 pm
Mal speaks up: "Why don't we bring the book back to the village? Perhaps someone there can read it, and it could hold clues for how we escape this wretched place."

He looks back at the table and says, "How would you all feel about interacting with this table? Perhaps it can function usefully."

He waits for his companions to respond before attempting to interact with the buttons.
Apr 5, 2022 4:36 pm
Yoth can't recognise the writing and moves just behind Thorem also wondering why air is so .... blur in the room

Mal realize the table is fir tor small (dwarf sized creatures) and is looking at the buttons and everyone thinks - right we could go back to the settlement it would only take a few minutes and no threat... when you hear bump!

Because Thorem stomping his way to the double doors run into a gelatinous cube that is all but transparent - this was the reason door seem so blur you will realise in a moment, but for now Thorem is but Surprised!
OOC:
Everyone roll a Initiative

Thorem also roll a dex save with disadvantage DC12 to avoid being sucked into the gelatinous cube
And Thorem is surprised and skips first round
OOC:
I will take any feedback on battlemap, your tokens, colours etc. And no unfortunately I don't know how to make cube token square

Rolls

Cube initiative - (1d20-4)

(8) - 4 = 4

Apr 5, 2022 5:07 pm
OOC:
what is "h" on map?

Rolls

Init - (D20+2)

(7) + 2 = 9

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.