Trying again

load previous
Apr 6, 2022 2:59 pm
Maybe a first step could be make the Games dropdown on the top-bar show the most recent games instead of games that are alphabetically-first but inactive?

Since many of us can not see any useful games on that short list, I doubt it would interfere with muscle memory or stagnation.

Would be nice if that menu could also indicate unread posts, but that can come later, as another 'tiny step'.
Apr 6, 2022 3:05 pm
Maybe the games menu can use the same code as used on the users' profile page? That only shows games that have been active --for the player-- in the past two weeks.
Apr 6, 2022 3:08 pm
Hey, you wanted tiny steps... I will keep piling them on, it seems. :)

While working on the topbar Games menu, it could use a link to the forums in addition to the Game Details page.
There is a fair chance the link to the forums should be the default with (maybe) a little button for Details?
Apr 7, 2022 8:33 am
Hey! We already have a metaphor for this!

You can favourite someone else's character (for... reasons...?).

https://i.imgur.com/iFBHbx4.png

Forget follow - if we expanded this favourite metaphor so a user could favourite games and their own characters with that little tab at the top.

* Favourite games can be grouped together in Your Games and Games - regardless of whether you're in them.
* Public favourite games also appear in Latest Games/Posts.
* If you have any favourite chars/games then the menus would use those instead (if not, fallback on existing code).

This would be:
* unobstrusive.
* use an existing metaphor (it's one that probably few people know about, but it fits with Keleth's design vision).
* understandable - favourites get grouped together and appear on the menu.
Favourites have been raised before by a number of you... and ignored. My apologies to everyone who previously raised this implementation - I was not ready for your genius. Let's not focus on the lateness of my arrival and celebrate that I showed up at all, eh?
Apr 7, 2022 8:57 am
I'm going to take the favourites idea to the community before this turns into "Forums dropdown menu two point oh", and I have to do the GitHub hokey cokey.
Apr 7, 2022 11:46 am
Favourites sounds like a good solution.

Unlike the forums dropdown, this won't affect anyone unless they opt-in to using it. But asking first is (usually) a good idea.
Apr 7, 2022 1:02 pm
I really like this idea!
Apr 7, 2022 1:10 pm
I do too, sounds great!
Apr 7, 2022 1:28 pm
I like the idea, but I'd rather the favorite games not be mixed with mine on the games page, just to avoid confusion
Apr 7, 2022 3:19 pm
Naatkinson says:
I like the idea, but I'd rather the favorite games not be mixed with mine on the games page, just to avoid confusion
Okay. I'll leave that page alone for now. We can revisit it later.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.