Favourites feature - feedback required

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Apr 13, 2022 5:37 pm
bowlofspinach says:
I know. But it actively makes the experience worse for some users and I'm sure it'd be possible to disallow them in there. This is probably not the place for that discussion though. And I'm not even sure it's a discussion that needs to be had. I just really dislike them
From my cold, dead hands.
Apr 13, 2022 5:40 pm
They do crash some browsers, and slow some others down. They are not properly supported everywhere, but people like bling, so that cat has sailed. :(
Apr 13, 2022 7:10 pm
Digging the banner icon. Not on staging though yet, right?
Apr 14, 2022 2:22 am
Love the favourite feature, and bookmark emoji as marker. Brilliant.
Apr 14, 2022 3:32 am
Bookmark icon yes! Emoji in titles no!
Apr 14, 2022 5:28 am
I hope to reassure people about the homepage changes.

Clicking the little favourite tag on a game is optional. If you don't use the feature then this is what will happen.
[ +- ] If you don't bookmark any games
But what happens if you click that favourite bookmark icon on games (including on public games)?

https://i.imgur.com/2bB7RDV.png
[ +- ] Bookmarking games
I'm probably going to rename favourite to bookmarked to avoid spelling confusion.
Apr 14, 2022 5:50 am
Wouldn't it make more sense for bookmarking to take the place of the default games on the dropdown, rather than just adding to them? If I for example bookmark five games, then those are probably what I want listed there, not those in addition to the default alphabetical list.
Apr 14, 2022 5:52 am
bowlofspinach says:
Wouldn't it make more sense for bookmarking to take the place of the default games on the dropdown, rather than just adding to them? If I for example bookmark five games, then those are probably what I want listed there, not those in addition to the default alphabetical list.
Sorry. It does. As soon as you bookmark a single game or character, then those control the corresponding menu. Bookmark only one game and you have a very short menu.

It falls back to the existing code only if no bookmarks are found.
Apr 14, 2022 11:39 am
I haven't decided if I'd ever use this feature but I'm a big fan of visual cues, so I like those icons. And also why I love the emojis in the game titles (as long as they make sense). 😄
Apr 14, 2022 12:01 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
... (as long as they make sense) ...
Make sense to whom? And after how much context? /justsaying
Apr 14, 2022 12:03 pm
Since we're talking about my preference then I'm obviously talking about them making sense to me. I'm not trying to convince anyone; merely stating a preference.
Apr 14, 2022 12:05 pm
I honestly cannot imagine a universe in which anyone would say "This is why I love X (as long as they make sense to someone else)."
Apr 14, 2022 12:09 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
I honestly cannot imagine a universe in which anyone would say "This is why I love X (as long as they make sense to someone else)."
I dunno man. A bug on staging meant that bookmarks appeared as spurious sharks.

https://i.imgur.com/B5MKKIh.png

That made no sense at all. And I liked it.
Last edited April 14, 2022 12:09 pm
Apr 14, 2022 12:11 pm
Can I change my vote? I want sharks instead of bookmarks
Apr 14, 2022 12:18 pm
bowlofspinach says:
@Adam! BOWL SAID IT!!! that means we can have it right?... right?
Apr 14, 2022 12:20 pm
KoldikSteelskin says:
bowlofspinach says:
@Adam! BOWL SAID IT!!! that means we can have it right?... right?
That's because she's planning on hitting @Harrigan with a bookshark pun.
Apr 15, 2022 5:02 am
You rang? It is I, Harrigan, who -- oh for.

For the record, the shark is pretty cool...

You do not have permission to post in this thread.