Ask Me Anything: Aerth

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Apr 11, 2022 2:04 am
Aerth says:
[quote="Qralloq"]
Actually I'm relatively new to SWADE. We just started playing Broken Earth because my buddy was itching for post-apocalypse. Do you have any other setting recs?
Rippers is Victorian monster hunting which which think is really cool. Slipstream is 1930s-1950s scifi and is silly fun. Sundered Skies is fantasy but with all the land as floating islands and lots of sky pirate feel.
Apr 11, 2022 2:47 am
Aerth says:

Actually I'm relatively new to SWADE. We just started playing Broken Earth because my buddy was itching for post-apocalypse. Do you have any other setting recs?
So many. I'm running games of Savage Rifts and Deadlands: The Weird West, settings that I feel like I'll always want to be playing. I loved Solomon Kane! I've also been interested in some gonzo action like Trailer Park Shark Attack, and more strangeness like in Fae Nightmares. I' don't think I've ever played straight homebrew Savage Worlds or fantasy/Sci Fi. Hmmm ... someday.
Apr 11, 2022 3:45 am
That pic from Mt. Washington is great!
Apr 12, 2022 6:05 pm
My 'Trademark Question' ©Antiproduct: What do movies and television get wrong about your job/career?
Whats your favorite metaphor from a song?
What's the oldest thing you own?
Any food or restaurants you'll miss from New Jersey?
Apr 12, 2022 10:14 pm
crazybirdman says:
What do movies and television get wrong about your job/career?
Probably that nurses are more than just waiters/caregivers. Nursing involves a high quantity of medical decision making, and most nurses know what they're doing well enough to ask for orders from the doctor rather than wait for them. Also it's not well portrayed how much nurses have to deal with inappropriate sexual advances from patients; if you do see it in a movie or TV show it's almost always in a comedic fashion or the nurse character flirts back or something. Yuck.
crazybirdman says:
Whats your favorite metaphor from a song?
Oh jeez, I just vibe to the music and don't think too much about the lyrics. I guess Medicine by Dayglow's titular line is a pretty good metaphor: "I wasn't meant to be medicine for you."
crazybirdman says:
What's the oldest thing you own?
I still have my old Gameboy Advance SP and a copy of the first game I got for it, Metroid Fusion. It was my favorite game of all time at least until Metroid Dread released.
crazybirdman says:
Any food or restaurants you'll miss from New Jersey?
Mr. Wish! No other bubble tea shop can compete. They don't have one in Colorado unfortunately.
Apr 13, 2022 1:54 am
Aerth says:
Also it's not well portrayed how much nurses have to deal with inappropriate sexual advances from patients; if you do see it in a movie or TV show it's almost always in a comedic fashion or the nurse character flirts back or something. Yuck.
That's horrible. So someone comes in with like a broken leg, looks up at the nurse and is all 'How you doin'?' that's crazy
Apr 13, 2022 1:57 am
crazybirdman says:
Aerth says:
Also it's not well portrayed how much nurses have to deal with inappropriate sexual advances from patients; if you do see it in a movie or TV show it's almost always in a comedic fashion or the nurse character flirts back or something. Yuck.
That's horrible. So someone comes in with like a broken leg, looks up at the nurse and is all 'How you doin'?' that's crazy
Healthcare be like that. Sadly, a lot like that.
Apr 13, 2022 2:02 am
Should a New York Sirloin be seasoned or just have blue cheese crumble on it? (Important question.)
Last edited April 13, 2022 2:04 am
Apr 13, 2022 3:15 pm
GeneCortess says:
Should a New York Sirloin be seasoned or just have blue cheese crumble on it? (Important question.)
Seasoned because I don't like blue cheese :P
Apr 13, 2022 3:29 pm
Quote:
I don't like blue cheese
I'm not sure that's physically possible 🤔
What other foods do you not like? Preferably some that might come as a shock to others
Apr 15, 2022 12:56 am
bowlofspinach says:

What other foods do you not like? Preferably some that might come as a shock to others
Uh, off the top of my head, I don't like nuts or chocolate, which knocks out a lot of dessert options for me.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.