Chapter 13 - What Ramon wants

load previous
Apr 16, 2022 5:02 pm
Alana sees the other two fussing around a stone wall, then looking for something around the area.
Apr 16, 2022 5:11 pm
"What are you doing?", she shouts over to them while scratching Ripper's belly. "Being left out of this adventure sucks even more!"
Apr 16, 2022 5:36 pm
We found something. It looks like a drawing of a hilt of a sword. It's possible that something is behind the brick. All we need now is something pointy to get the mortar out from around it. Do you see anything around you...possibly metal? Logan says as he stands up and looks at Al.
OOC:
Would it be possible for Logan to have his Wilderness Scout pocketknife with him? I'll use a Benny if need be.
Apr 16, 2022 5:44 pm
Al looks around for anything suitable.

Rolls

Notice - (1d6, 1d6, RA)

1d6 : (1) = 1

1d6 : (5) = 5

Apr 16, 2022 5:49 pm
OOC:
Logan went out with the prospect of enjoying the street parades and celebrations in town. I'd say only a 20% chance that he brought it with him. Roll 1d100
Alana looks around her. There are three garbage cans set at regular intervals along the rocky pier, a couple of benches, but not much else.
In one of the cans she finds a discarded engine oil bottle. Looking better, she sees some paper towels with oil smears, and a discarded metal dipstick.
It is snapped half way (hence useless as a dipstick), but it feels sturdy and pointy enough to use as an improvised tool.
OOC:
Al rolls at -2, but this was easy to find
Apr 16, 2022 5:55 pm
Al takes out the dipstick, getting disgusting oil all over her fingers. "I have this," she says.
Apr 16, 2022 6:11 pm
That might do it. Johnny ran over to the fence to retrieve it from Alana while Logan fiddled with the mortar around the stone. I wonder how long that's been there? Did Ramon put it in or just know where it was? he asked the other two, assuming they might know more about the lighthouse than he did...which was practically nothing at all.
Apr 16, 2022 6:34 pm
That may work, let's see if we're lucky. Logan says as Johnny brings up the dipstick. Taking it Logan begins to chip away at the mortar around the brick. I'm not sure, Ramon could've put it here, but just as easily heard about it. There's no telling really.
OOC:
No knife, but no worries.
Last edited April 16, 2022 6:35 pm

Rolls

For the knife - (1d100, RA)

(35) = 35

Apr 16, 2022 7:11 pm
Thanks to the metal object Alana found, Logan starts breaking the mortar all around the irregular shaped stone block. It comes away with ease, and soon Logan has cleared a good area all around the block.
Trying the block with their fingers, Logan and Johnny feel it wobbling slightly. They are now able to insert their fingers in the gap around the block to apply some strength.

The block slides forward one millimetre at a time, and to their surprise it reveals to be less thick than the rest of the wall, revealing an alcove behind it as it pops out of its place.

There is an old metal cylinder in the alcove, a little rusty. It has a screw-on cap.
https://i.imgur.com/JQ41q95.png
Apr 16, 2022 7:36 pm
Carefully taking the cylinder out, Logan looks at it. Looking at the cap, Logan looks at Johnny. I wonder what's inside? We should look in it, but lets wait until we're back on the other side of the fence. That way Al can see it as well.
Last edited April 16, 2022 7:36 pm
Apr 16, 2022 7:47 pm
"What did you find?", Al asks, trying to see through the fence what they're doing. "Is it a sword? A ghost sword?"
Apr 16, 2022 9:03 pm
Let's just hand the tube to Alana through the fence and then get across to the outside before we all open it together. Johnny offered. That way in case there's something in there that falls apart in the open air we can all see it before it goes to pieces. Plus, it could be curse whoever opens it. he shrugged nonchalantly. If we all open it the curse should only be a third as effective, right? The thought mad sense to him, at least.
That's all that was in the hole, right? he asked, taking a closer look in the dark hole for anything the might've missed in the euphoria of the initial discovery. No writing or arrows pointing somewhere else?

Rolls

Notice * - (1d6, 1d6, RA)

1d6 : (1) = 1

1d6 : (64) = 10

Apr 16, 2022 9:11 pm
There is nothing else in the alcove they discovered. Replacing the stone block to its original place, it kind of looks like the wall was never touched, as the piece is held in place by the neighboring blocks.
Apr 16, 2022 11:54 pm
Logan and Johnny walk back to the fence to show Alana their finding. Ripper barks happily thinking it might be food, or a toy soon to be thrown for her.

The metal cylinder is small enough to fit through the gaps in the fence.
Alas, Logan and Johnny are too large for that.
Apr 17, 2022 12:36 am
Logan pokes the metal cylinder through the fence. This is all we found. Will you hold onto to it, until we get back on that side of the fence? I don't want to fall in and get it wet, that might destroy what's inside. Keep it safe and once we're back together, we'll open it. Logan asks Al as he waits for her to grab the cylinder.
Last edited April 17, 2022 12:36 am
Apr 17, 2022 6:14 am
Al takes the cylinder and shakes it next to her ear, trying to get a clue of what is inside.
Apr 17, 2022 7:08 am
The cylinder doesn't really make any sound when shaken. Could it be empty?

Ripper gets all poised to run, at Al's gesture, thinking Al is about to throw the object for her to catch. The intense expression and tense, short legs make for a comedic spectacle.
Apr 17, 2022 7:17 am
OOC:
If Johnny and Logan use the lifebelt they found to swim back past the fence, no roll is necessary. The lifebelt makes it easy to swim back, even all clothed, and is large enough/has rope around for two of them to use.
Apr 17, 2022 7:44 am
"I can't throw this for you, dummy," Al tells Ripper. "It's a clue in our mystery." She looks around for a stick or something she can throw for her dog instead.
Apr 17, 2022 7:49 am
Al finds a sea-smoothed stone to throw, and Ripper runs fast to catch it and retrieve it.
load next

Thread locked