Chapter 13 - What Ramon wants

load previous

Jack the Ripper

Dr_B

Apr 15, 2022 1:11 pm
Jack the Ripper
Ripper wags her tail madly and jumps around Al, trying to lick her face.
Apr 15, 2022 1:15 pm
OOC:
I thought I'm three meters below Ripper
Al hugs her furry friend and let's her lick her face.
Last edited April 15, 2022 1:15 pm
Apr 15, 2022 1:37 pm
Well, we're split up again. Johnny said as he reached the top of the stairs. I think she needs a backpack to carry her dog around in if Ripper is going "monster hunting" very often...

He turned to Logan, Maybe there's something inside we can use to help Alana and Ripper over or through the fence. A key if we're lucky. he nodded towards the red & white striped structure. And we should try not to get seen or caught. I really don't want to spend the rest of the day in jail for trespassing.
Apr 15, 2022 4:14 pm
OOC:
sorry I don't have a map for this, but:
[ +- ] Alana's moves
https://i.imgur.com/Rtq8bsz.png

Johnny and Logan examine the lighthouse. No-one seems to be around.

The lantern up above is of course turned off.

There are small windows on the tower, no doubt following some stairs inside the cylinder.

It has a metal door at its base, that upon testing reveals to be locked.
There is a sheet in a plastic pocket attached to the door, with the dates of inspections of the Lighthouse. The last inspection is dated 2 days ago.

There is a second metal door, also locked, with a high tension sign stenciled on it.

Both locks on the doors are in solid, good condition, and require keys.
Apr 15, 2022 4:20 pm
OOC:
Oh okay, I didn't realize that the cliff went down to water level not far from the fence. We could have all just swam then 😅
Apr 15, 2022 4:33 pm
OOC:
it's like this:
[ +- ] blurry photo of an ugly sketch
Apr 15, 2022 4:37 pm
OOC:
Ah, I see now. Though it does seem that swimming to shore would be at least as long a way than swimming to the ladder from the fence 😆

Either way, Al will need some cheering up before trying again
Apr 16, 2022 9:15 am
Maybe we don't exactly need inside... Johnny mused. The message said to look for a hilt. Maybe it isn't inside? We could have a quick look around while Alana rests for a bit. We also need to figure out a better way to get back across to the outside.
Apr 16, 2022 10:14 am
OOC:
Give me a Notice roll for Johnny as he starts looking outside the tower. Logan can join in the search too.

Jack the Ripper

Dr_B

Apr 16, 2022 10:17 am
Jack the Ripper
The dog's enthusiasm comforts Alana. The puppy is so full of joy that it's hard not to smile at her antics.
Her eyes seem to be saying, sorry I was afraid to jump... But I am SO SO happy you came back!
OOC:
Alana can walk back to the fence to see what the others are up to. From there she can still interact with them if she wants - she is just in no hurry to try that barbed wire or the swim again...
Apr 16, 2022 11:56 am
"You were supposed to be super strong and brave and not a frightened little puppy!", Al scolds Ripper. But she can't stay mad at the bundle of fur and joy so she soon just cuddles her until she feels well enough to get up and walk over to the fence again to watch the two boys.
Apr 16, 2022 12:57 pm
OOC:
Notice Roll

Rolls

Notice * - (1d6, 1d6, RA)

1d6 : (1) = 1

1d6 : (3) = 3

Apr 16, 2022 1:13 pm
Johnny starts looking.
The first thing he notices is a lifebelt hanging on a pole. It has a rope loop set all around it, and is easily accessible as an emergency device.
https://i.imgur.com/niqyO52.jpg
Apr 16, 2022 2:37 pm
Logan nods his head at Johnny's suggestion. Walking around he tries to find anything that could help them in their treasure hunt.

Rolls

Notice & Wild - (1d4+2, 1d6+2, RA)

1d4+2 : (1) + 2 = 3

1d6+2 : (4) + 2 = 6

Apr 16, 2022 2:46 pm
Maybe we could help Alana and Ripper make the swim over with the life preserver? Johnny called over to Logan.
Apr 16, 2022 2:48 pm
"I don't want to swim again," Al grumbles. She's sitting by the fence cuddling with Ripper again. She is clearly very upset even if she's trying to hide it. "This adventure sucks."
Apr 16, 2022 3:20 pm
Logan sees a stone wall parapet covered in the usual etched initials, hearts, and names kids write on walls. No doubt from the days in which the Lighthouse was more accessible to the public. He is about to dismiss it, when his eye catches something...
[ +- ] ...
Apr 16, 2022 3:39 pm
Hey! That looks like the one on the letter in the back of Ramon's book! he exclaimed. Now, what do we do with it? Look behind it? Look around it for something? Johnny wasn't sure, it wasn't like he was a professional Monster Hunter like the other two.
Apr 16, 2022 4:29 pm
It could be that we need to look behind it or near it. It could also point to something. Logan starts to look at the mortar surrounding the brick, checking to see if it's cracked or thinner than the other areas.
Apr 16, 2022 5:00 pm
The mortar is dry, and looks just as old as the rest of the wall. It looks like it could be broken easily with something pointy and metallic.

You could then try to pry the stone block loose. It is positioned in such a way that it doesn't look like the blocks on top of it would collapse, supported as they are by other blocks.

Looking around, you cannot see much in the way of pointy metal tools in the vicinity.
load next

Thread locked