OOC Thread

Apr 10, 2022 12:40 pm
Welcome to Trailblazers! This thread is for out-of-character discussions.
Apr 10, 2022 2:34 pm
Here's an invite link to the discord for this game: LINK
Apr 11, 2022 1:39 pm
You should all see an individual subforum that's just for you. FYI, this is a public game so non-players who read these forums will be able to see what you put in there.
Apr 11, 2022 1:47 pm
Hey gang, I'm pretty excited to be here! I've been looking for a fantasy success-based system for a while, and kept overlooking Forbidden Lands for some reason (I think the dinosaur on the cover kept throwing me off). I recognize a few of you from other games, and look forward to seeing you in this one!

I have two character ideas I've been toying with. The first is a recreation of a dwarves merchant from a Witcher game I played- Viognu Vigrack. Naturally she would be a dwarves peddler in this game. The other is a goblin that I created in a quick one-shot that just stuck with me and the single player in the game- Rigva. I like the idea of her being a rider, living fast and free on her wolf.
Apr 11, 2022 2:02 pm
I remember your Dwarf Merchant from that game. That was a great character. I'm toying with the idea of a Human Warrior or Wolfkin Hunter.
Apr 11, 2022 3:45 pm
I will be playing an Ailander Hunter, child of the Raven. She is on the Path of the Arrow and is a Sharpshooter.

KCC would remember her from his FL game .
Apr 11, 2022 5:21 pm
Hi everyone! Excited to try the system out and play with you all.

cowleyc - I was also in that Witcher game and remember Viognu, she was a neat character and I enjoyed how you played her.
Apr 11, 2022 5:25 pm
Given that Rigva is a bit more of a gimmick character, I think I'll go with Viognu! Unfortunately this game doesn't have a Seduction skill, that was one of her highest in the Witcher. There's just something in the way she braids her beard...
Apr 11, 2022 6:16 pm
Manipulation would cover that
Apr 11, 2022 6:41 pm
I'm piecing together a Druid, mostly using the random tables from Legends & Adventures. I notice many of the skill points it gives me do not align with recommended skills under my profession. How important is it that a Profession start with points in those recommended skills? (Should I move some points around so I have, say, points in Animal Handling and Survival?)
Apr 11, 2022 6:44 pm
Totally feel free to adjust that character as you see fit. Those are just recommended based on that background and formative event. I'm not going to hold you to it if it's not the character you want to play.

I see that rolled one as a starting point that you then customize based on your concept.
Apr 11, 2022 8:18 pm
Perfect! thanks!
Apr 11, 2022 11:08 pm
Hi folks! Thanks for the invite, WarDomo. Busy day at work... will try to get caught up on this tonight.

Len

Apr 12, 2022 12:51 am
Can I take a moment to gush over how beautiful these books are? The books themselves are quality physical artifacts (my only gripe is I wish they lay flat on the table when open), but the art and design is gorgeous. It really brings me back to a moment in my life when the Fantasy genre was a new discovery for me. It was gritty and dangerous and rad as hell. Like, when I first read the hobbit and I stared at the map in awe, wondering about all the stories that were going on in the places that weren't in the book.
Last edited April 12, 2022 12:57 am
Apr 12, 2022 2:30 am
Yeah. In a usability sense, the books could use some work... but they are just gorgeous and so nice in the hand...
Apr 12, 2022 2:49 am
Unfortunately I've only got pdfs :(
Apr 12, 2022 5:01 am
Honestly, while very pretty, I still think it's one of their lesser work.
I much prefer MY0 or Vaesen, both in layout and art direction. The illustrations are good, they will call back to Lone Wolf and other wonderful fantasy of old, but still...
Also the character sheet is bad. I get what they're going for, but I don't think they quite hitbthe target.
Last edited April 12, 2022 5:03 am
Apr 12, 2022 7:29 am
I too love the art and layout of Vaesen -- and many of the other FL books. A ton of the illustrations used in Forbidden Lands are the original works from the 80s RPGs in Sweden, all from the one artist, so it's purposeful stuff. And the character sheet?! It's gold, one of my favorites ever!
Apr 12, 2022 11:46 am
Are our private threads supposed to be viewable by the public? I just had a friend, who wants to follow along reading the game as we go, PM me and told me all our privates threads can be seen by the casual passerby.
Apr 12, 2022 12:26 pm
Yeah unfortunately. I spoke to Adam about it and there's just no way around this. If you truly want something invisible to all but me and you, you will have to use notes.

Hence my post above:
WarDomo says:
You should all see an individual subforum that's just for you. FYI, this is a public game so non-players who read these forums will be able to see what you put in there.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.