OOC Thread

load previous

Len

Apr 15, 2022 5:17 am
seifi says:
Hey guys, just a heads up - I got a bad case of covid and spent the last two days in fevers (I know I know, it's out of fashion at this point). I will try to catch up, but since the dizziness is still not gone yet completely, I may overlook something. If that happens, sorry in advance!
Get well soon!
Apr 15, 2022 5:46 am
Man that sucks! Hoping for a speedy recovery!

Len

Apr 16, 2022 7:54 pm
Any advice on how I should spend 1 silver coin? That's all I got for starting currency :D My character is a Dwarven Sorcerer. I do have a knife, a knapsack, sleeping furs, and Crafting 3 as a skill. Considering saving it so I can eventually buy an axe and shield.
Apr 17, 2022 12:15 am
It might be a decent idea to grab Field Rations, to increase your Food Resources die. Keep you from going hungry. But there are other fun options!
Apr 17, 2022 1:08 am
You've just reminded me I need to spend my silver, Len!

To the general store!
Apr 17, 2022 1:23 am
Same...i hadnt really thought about it yet, beyond the starting gear i rolled for
Apr 17, 2022 2:11 pm
Sorry, I'm traveling a bit for Easter this weekend.

Definitely get your equipment figured out. You get starting gear, any gear from formative events in Legends & Adventurers, and anything you buy with your starting silver.

If you haven't already go ahead and roll your starting silver in the char gen tread. As far as buying equipment is concerned, you are free to buy anything that is listed as common. Anything uncommon or rarer just run it by me. If you want to sell any of your starting gear just trade it out for the price listed in the tables. In the future, selling will be a little more complicated, but let's keep it easy for starting gear.

KCC

Apr 17, 2022 2:13 pm
Oh. Is there a limit to the item I get as part of the fighter class? It says ‘any item’ from trade goods so I was very sneaky and took a spy glass.

Edit: We get the items but not the skills and talents from legends and adventures, correct?
Last edited April 17, 2022 2:14 pm
Apr 17, 2022 2:24 pm
@KCC, the Legends book gives an alternative way to create a character. The skills, talents, and attributes are designed to create a beginning, young character. They would be used in lieu of choosing them yourself. It basically gives you a character with just a handful of dice rolls.
Apr 17, 2022 2:32 pm
@KCC, the rarity thing was for purchasing items with your starting silver. For the starting gear, if it says take it from the trade good list, any thing is fair game.

Len

Apr 17, 2022 9:16 pm
KCC's spyglass trade technique seems like the way to go. I'll happily take a spyglass and convert it to 30 silvers.
Apr 18, 2022 2:03 am
Len says:
KCC's spyglass trade technique seems like the way to go. I'll happily take a spyglass and convert it to 30 silvers.
Except it's rare, and needs boss approval...

Len

Apr 18, 2022 2:37 am
Harrigan says:
Len says:
Except it's rare, and needs boss approval...
My understanding is that it is already approved if you select it as your "any item" from the trade goods list as per:
KCC says:
Oh. Is there a limit to the item I get as part of the fighter class? It says ‘any item’ from trade goods so I was very sneaky and took a spy glass.
WarDomo says:
@KCC, the rarity thing was for purchasing items with your starting silver. For the starting gear, if it says take it from the trade good list, any thing is fair game.
And then sell it as per:
WarDomo says:
If you want to sell any of your starting gear just trade it out for the price listed in the tables. In the future, selling will be a little more complicated, but let's keep it easy for starting gear.
I'm not trying to power game and will happily not take this direction if it against the rules or spirit of the game. But if KCC's gonna do it so am I 🤣

KCC

Apr 18, 2022 2:40 am
Ah, I see what you’re saying. Though, I actually took the spy glass, and didn’t sell it.

I’ll tell you why: Gear and equipment is the least fun part of character creation for me! Give me a pack with whatever in it and I’m happy. If I have to choose, I’ll usually choose some thing like a mirror or a trinket like a spy glass.
Apr 18, 2022 3:34 am
WarDomo says:
Definitely get your equipment figured out. You get starting gear, any gear from formative events in Legends & Adventurers, and anything you buy with your starting silver.
Just to double check, are you saying we get the gear from our profession, plus from our formative event(s)? The way I read it was that the formative events replaced the gear aside from silver and resources.
Apr 18, 2022 5:48 am
KCC says:
Ah, I see what you’re saying. Though, I actually took the spy glass, and didn’t sell it.

I’ll tell you why: Gear and equipment is the least fun part of character creation for me! Give me a pack with whatever in it and I’m happy. If I have to choose, I’ll usually choose some thing like a mirror or a trinket like a spy glass.
I dislike the gear part as well. We start with water and rations, but do we need to buy a backpack and waterskin, otherwise we are holding those in our cupped hands?
Apr 18, 2022 6:07 am
Be aware, the gear and resources are a key part of the game. Check out p36:

https://i.imgur.com/y3beqon.png

I usually note the backpack and waterskin, but make them zero weight items. It matters if you lose them or they get damaged.
Apr 18, 2022 8:47 am
Harrigan says:
Be aware, the gear and resources are a key part of the game. Check out p36:

https://i.imgur.com/y3beqon.png

I usually note the backpack and waterskin, but make them zero weight items. It matters if you lose them or they get damaged.
Thanks,
still, I'm having a hard time. I'm looking for some tool that will improve my Crafting when repairing weapons, but I don't see it. What does a hammer (not warhammer) do? Is there stuff like whetstone or similar?
Last edited April 18, 2022 9:00 am
Apr 18, 2022 1:14 pm
I think in many cases the tools needed for repairs (needle and thread, hammer, pliers) just allow you to repair, they don't offer a bonus. Whetstones are a bit of a surprising omission -- likely presumed people just have them.
Apr 18, 2022 2:07 pm
There's no mention of needing the tools to repair. There is explicit mention of needing a forge to make a new sword, but no mention of tools needed to repair one, or giving bonuses to repairing. The same way you need the smith talent to make a sword but you just need a crafting roll to repair.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.