Group 2 Backstory

load previous
Apr 16, 2022 10:38 am
But the adventurers left behind a note teasing us lol.
Apr 16, 2022 11:17 am
Hmm some good ideas for sure. Here is Truth Seeker Doraval

So, two possibilities we've touched on:

1. All share a mutual run-in with the Rust Brothers. Maybe Daela, Doraval, and Askiena come across Aurae and Mawkhauser as they fled the Rust Brothers who intended to hold them captive - then faught off the pursuers together? Or did Aurae and Mawkhauser find their way to the village the others are from where they sought refuge, the Rust Brothers followed and put the village to the torch?

2. Plundered the Same Dungeon - as outlined above. Daela, Doraval, and Askiena have been traveling on their own for a bit, as have Aurae and Mawkhauser. The two groups run into each other while exploring a dungeon and events draw them together - maybe the denizens of the dungeon proved too much for one group to handle on their own and they agreed to work together and split any treasure, then realized they worked well together and stayed together after?

KCC

Apr 16, 2022 11:26 am
Number 2 sounds like fun. Number 1 sounds like it might come up at some point anyway, considering our individual backstories!
Apr 16, 2022 11:35 am
Good point! A fair number of us have a shared dislike/hatred for the Rust Brothers. Hell, realizing this could be part of the glue that bonds our group after we run into each other in the dungeon. I could see us swapping stories and that coming up pretty easily.
Apr 16, 2022 11:48 am
Questions:

Are Daela, Doraval, and Askiena looking for or avoiding Vetta. Is she dead? Or is that the elephant in the room they aren't talking about?

If we converged in some ruins to take on a mutual foe and claimed the treasure, where's the treasure? Our financial situation doesn't reflect it. Did we party it all away?

Last edited April 16, 2022 3:33 pm
Apr 16, 2022 11:54 am
RageRed says:
Questions:

Are Daela, Doraval, and Askiena looking for or avoiding Vetta. Is she dead? Or is that the elephant in the room they aren't talking about?

If we converged in some ruins to take on a mutual foe and claimed the treasure, where's the treasure? Our financial situation doesn't reflect it. Did we party it all away?
The treasure was the love we found along the way...

j/k good question though! Maybe it just turned out to be a map or clue to a real treasure? Indiana Jones style.

KCC

Apr 16, 2022 11:55 am
Maybe rumors of the treasure were untrue and we risked our lives for nothing. Or perhaps our meager starting items were the treasure.

Or maybe something else!
Apr 16, 2022 11:57 am
Harrigan says:

...When Daela returned, years later, she was without Vetta and would not speak of what became of her, or their training

o Daela loathes the Rust Brothers. Fears and hates them.

I'm guessing because Harrigan's background write-up doesn't have any other reference to the Rust Brothers, something bad happened involving Vetta, but Daela won't talk about it. I like the mystery :D
Last edited April 16, 2022 11:58 am
Apr 17, 2022 12:59 am
So much good grist for the mill here!

I actually really like #1 -- dramatic stuff. However, I'm totally down with #2 as well, and that could be very simple -- Daela, Doraval and Askiena might have been searching some already plundered barrows when elf and goblin barreled in behind them, looking to evade the Rust Brahs. Maybe they hid from them and woke something terrible in the tomb that they then faced together, or perhaps they stood up to the Rusties together. Either way, I like where all this is going...

And correct -- Daela doesn't want to talk about Vetta. (That's to be revealed in-game.)
Last edited April 17, 2022 12:59 am
Apr 17, 2022 1:22 am
Harrigan says:

Daela, Doraval and Askiena might have been searching some already plundered barrows when elf and goblin barreled in behind them, looking to evade the Rust Brahs. Maybe they hid from them and woke something terrible in the tomb that they then faced together, or perhaps they stood up to the Rusties together.
All of the above. They woke something, met as a whole, and then took down some Rusties that were trying to recapture Aurae and Mawkhauser; setting an ambush in the barrows.
Last edited April 17, 2022 1:23 am
Apr 17, 2022 1:25 am
RageRed says:

All of the above. They woke something, met as a whole, and then took down some Rusties that were trying to recapture Aurae and Mawkhauser; setting an ambush in the barrows.
Yes!
Last edited April 17, 2022 1:26 am
Apr 17, 2022 1:31 am
;)
Last edited April 17, 2022 1:32 am

KCC

Apr 17, 2022 1:31 am
Did someone make a clever quip about how the barrows have some new occupants?
Apr 17, 2022 1:34 am
@KCC, Yes. Yes, they did. Or...they should have anyway.
Apr 17, 2022 3:42 am
KCC says:
Did someone make a clever quip about how the barrows have some new occupants?
This was probably our bonding, beer stein raising, freeze-frame moment!

I'm totally down with how this has come together. Nice work, peeps.
Apr 17, 2022 3:51 am
Yay Us!
Apr 18, 2022 1:47 am
Now, gird thine loins. This game is no joke in the wild...

KCC

Apr 18, 2022 2:41 am
I anticipate rolling another character soon!

Are we ready to have some sheets approved then, @wardomo
Apr 18, 2022 3:36 am
Ditto! I didn't fully realize this was an OSR stle ge u til after I joined. It'll be my first in a long while and I'm really looking forward to it...it and rolling several characters when I inevitably get squished.
Apr 18, 2022 5:44 am
It's more like OSR-inspired or adjacent. But the survival components and the death spiral are full-on...
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.