Group 2 Backstory

load previous
Apr 19, 2022 10:36 pm
Testing my avatar here - also, my Sixth Sense talent (which gives a +1 bonus to Scout on detecting an ambush or sneak attack) seems like it might not be as needed as other things. We have some solid 'Scout' scores in the group, including my base 6d6.

What do you guys think about me swapping it for another, more survival-focused talent? Chef seems required to turn any hunted meat or fish into 'food'. Or I could grab 'Tanner' as a means of maybe making us some money and/or getting some basic armor together for us once we're underway.

KCC

Apr 20, 2022 1:02 am
Rolling against ambushes might save our bacon some day. I did, however, take two combat feats. The free parry per turn feat and the executioner feat.

I could be convinced to part with one of them, if the group requires!
Apr 22, 2022 3:13 am
Anyone have a bead on how leveling works in this game? How often might we get to increase points in skills or invest in new/existing talents?

EDIT: I guess, looking in the book, that's going to depend quite a bit on when the DM considers a 'game session' to end, so I guess the question goes to @WarDomo - are you just going to break this down by when it makes sense? or do you plan on handling a session based on something more specific?
Last edited April 22, 2022 3:16 am

KCC

Apr 22, 2022 3:19 am
That’s a good question. And one that PBP sometimes struggles with! Should we do it by days? Every five days in game is a session, etc etc.

Or by locations? Every location is a session?

Or actual real-life time? A month is a session?
Apr 23, 2022 12:17 am
Correct, up to WarDomo. The mechanic works really well in live play; curious to see what works best here.
Apr 23, 2022 12:27 am
It's something I'm generally curious about. Pathfinder 2e used Hero Points that are supposed to refresh each session, but so far the games I've been in have largely been ignoring them. If I run a game like this one, or that one, at some point, I'll definitely explore what works best.
Apr 27, 2022 2:39 am
Just got Group 1 story up, but it took me a little longer than anticipated. I'll get Group 2 going tomorrow. Didn't want you all to think I forgot about you.
Apr 27, 2022 3:23 am
All good!
Apr 27, 2022 4:29 am
RE: experience, that's a great question that I hadn't fully considered. When I run Exalted, experience is doled out per "session". In general, I have generally treated 3-4 scenes as a session in those games. I'm not exactly sure how similarly this will play. For now, I'm going with 3-4 encounters per session and we'll adjust as we go if it's too fast or too slow.
Apr 27, 2022 5:33 am
WarDomo says:
RE: experience, that's a great question that I hadn't fully considered. When I run Exalted, experience is doled out per "session". In general, I have generally treated 3-4 scenes as a session in those games. I'm not exactly sure how similarly this will play. For now, I'm going with 3-4 encounters per session and we'll adjust as we go if it's too fast or too slow.
Sounds great! Thanks for the response, I'm excited to get going.
Apr 27, 2022 8:49 pm
Away we go!
Apr 28, 2022 4:53 am
Woohoo!

Out of gas for the night, though. Will post tomorrow!
Last edited April 28, 2022 5:33 am

You do not have permission to post in this thread.