Welcome and Character Creation

load previous
May 1, 2022 6:54 am
It sounds like we're about getting ready. You'll still need to update your character sheets and some of you are still missing avatars.

But it looks like we'll be able to start soon.

The one final thing you'll still need to decide on after all of this is you
[ +- ] Hideout
May 1, 2022 7:04 am
Treehouse? Junkyard? A piece of mysterious abandoned tech of unknown origin (like a stripped out capsule or robot or something)?
May 1, 2022 9:15 am
I like Jabes last idea. It would be fun to explore some of the alternative side of this universe and have a cool strange hideout. I'm not so much into the lore to be able to suggest anything concrete.
May 1, 2022 9:44 am
There's echo spheres. Maybe you found a particularly large one that seems safe to you and used the inside of that as a hideout. Nobody else would dare to go near it so the secret is safe.
[ +- ]
You could also have found some old bit of abandoned loop tunneling or an old underground lab underneath some hatch in the forest...

Or you could have found an old, broken down magnetrine ship somewhere and made that into a hideout.
[ +- ]
May 1, 2022 12:32 pm
If we're using tech from the game, I vote for the magnetrine ship.
May 1, 2022 1:55 pm
Echo sphere, loop tunneling, magnetrine ship, I love them all equally.
May 1, 2022 7:10 pm
OOC:
all great ideas. I’ve no prefernce
May 2, 2022 9:13 pm
Either of those is good for me. If Phil_ozxy_fer has a preference for magnetrine ship, I think that should be our secret hideout.
May 2, 2022 10:39 pm
Sorry for the extended absence, only just getting back to normal after the holiday.
bowlofspinach says:
Sounds good. Does Andreas know why his brother (name?) left and you just haven't figured out a reason or does he not know either? Did the brother just disappear without a word?
Brothers name is Stefan, as far as Andreas knows he just left. His parents have told him that he's working away but everyone seems to shy away from the subject and if Andreas tries to bring it up his mother get's upset and his father gets angry (everyone else just tries to change the subject). I'm going to leave it as neither me nor Andreas know the full story behind where his brother is :)

Magnetrine ship seems to be a good shout for the hideout.
May 3, 2022 6:19 pm
Phil_Ozzy_Fer says:
If we're using tech from the game, I vote for the magnetrine ship.
Yeah let's do that! No doubt we've decorated it with all sorts of junk, movie and band posters, maybe a boombox in there?
May 3, 2022 6:29 pm
Sounds good.

I think everything is sorted out then? Or is someone still missing something. I'll try to get us started on the game tomorrow
May 3, 2022 9:30 pm
bowlofspinach says:
Sounds good.

I think everything is sorted out then? Or is someone still missing something. I'll try to get us started on the game tomorrow
I think I've got everything down up to press.

@therecusant - I don't think Erik and Andreas have a relationship defined as yet. How about Erik came to Andreas's rescue one day when he was getting hassled by some of the local bullies?
May 4, 2022 1:18 am
mcneils5 says:
bowlofspinach says:
Sounds good.

I think I've got everything down up to press.

@therecusant - I don't think Erik and Andreas have a relationship defined as yet. How about Erik came to Andreas's rescue one day when he was getting hassled by some of the local bullies?
Yes, I like it!
May 4, 2022 5:27 pm
Ah, one more thing I'll need as well while we're already starting:

There's a new kid in your school, Pelle. He started there after the last summer break and he's 12 years old. He's very well liked in the whole school because he's an open and friendly guy. He's also really good at both sports and schoolwork.

What does your character think of him and how well do they know him?
May 5, 2022 2:48 am
"Pelle seems nice, but he just seems so, I don't know, the same. Like everything everyone expects. A bit boring, at least that was my impression after we shared a lunch table for a semester."
Last edited May 5, 2022 2:48 am
May 5, 2022 6:16 am
Mike isn't very outgoing so he wouldn't have gone out of his way to meet the newer kid even though they're in the same grade. Unless Pelle initiated interaction, they wouldn't have had one. Except maybe if Pelle hung out at Mike's favorite haunts, the school library or the second-hand bookshop.
May 5, 2022 12:09 pm
Birger knows Pelle from class. When they do group assignments, Birger likes to be paired up with Pelle and Michael because then they get the work done in a serious way and both of them have great inputs. Unlike if you are forced to work with some of the slackers, who don't want to do the assignments and you end up doing all the group's work by yourself.
May 5, 2022 7:55 pm
Andreas has classes with Pelle but hasn't really gone out of his way to mix with him. They seem ok though and Birger seems to like them so he'd at least make the effort to be friendly with Pelle if they approached Andreas
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.