0: A Dungeons & Dragons Ride

load previous
Apr 25, 2022 9:41 am
"I wonder what kind of trolls those are." Eric muses aloud.

Rolls

Arcana - (1d20)

(2) = 2

Apr 25, 2022 9:44 am
"The kind that're about to get their faces smashed in, that's what!"
Last edited April 25, 2022 9:45 am

Rolls

Nature - (1d20+1)

(9) + 1 = 10

Apr 25, 2022 12:15 pm
"I don't speak Orc. What was the one-handed one saying?"
Apr 25, 2022 5:03 pm
OOC:
If no one speaks Orc, Malchor translates.
Apr 25, 2022 7:43 pm
All geared up after rummaging in the locker he keeps in Presto's tower, Bobby moves to Hank's left as instructed. He kisses Terri's locket for luck, and gives Hank a nod to say he's ready.
OOC:
As much as Bobby and I would love a brawl out in the courtyard, common sense dictates we teleport right into the fort where the hostages are. What's our exfil strategy?
Apr 26, 2022 5:59 am
OOC:
Feel free to teleport somewhere off the map, too. I'll say you can get within 60 feet of it in any direction, all of which is grassland but the ravaged woods begin 60 feet to the left of the fort.
Apr 26, 2022 7:26 am
Sheila nods to Hank's assessment of her doing what she does best. Which is to disappear. She takes a look at the situation through the viewing pool and gets ready to vanish.

Rolls

Arcana (Troll ID) - (1d20+17)

(3) + 17 = 20

Apr 26, 2022 10:07 am
Eric tightens the straps on The Shield and draws his sword. "All right, let's do this. I'd like to get back home in time to make pancakes."
Apr 26, 2022 1:52 pm
"Are we confident enough to teleport right into the fort? It'll be a tight battle!" Hank analysed the scrying further for a better way to engage as he translated what the orc commander said for the others. The orcs and their kin were familiar enemies.
OOC:
Just picking up on the suggestion to teleport into the fort. Hank speaks orcish! It's one of the things he learnt after all the orcs they met in their adventures.
Last edited April 26, 2022 1:54 pm

Rolls

Nature - (1d20+11)

(13) + 11 = 24

Apr 26, 2022 4:36 pm
As Malchor begins the process of teleporting them miles away, Presto is busy holding open his Hat with one hand and shoveling countless things off half a dozen shelves with the other. This jar, that bag, that stone, a few vials filled with...probably parts of various animals. He reaches deeep down inside the bag (far deeper than it should be possible for it to go) and arranges them into prepared spots so he can reach them in a hurry.

"I don't like this, it's not enough time, I need time to prepare and plan, to think." He forces himself to take a long breath and lets it back out. "Ok. Ok. Alright. I'm as ready as I'm going to be. I'll be right behind you. I'm going to prepare something as well. " As the others prepare their equipment, Presto reaches into a couple different pots on opposite shelves and mixes them together while muttering a few words under his breath and staring at a random point on a near wall. The more observant note that the wall, while undamaged, is heavily scarred, charred, and pockmarked. Phosphorescent sparks appear in midair as blazing heat emanates from an ever-increasing tear leading...somewhere hot. A pure flame appears through the tear, but instead of flickering it holds its shape as it reaches through the tear.
OOC:
7 charges used of The Hat (43 remaining) for Conjure Elemental (Fire). The elemental will have 30 temp HP (Durable Summons feature of Conjuration School) for a total of 132 HP.
Apr 26, 2022 5:57 pm
The tip of Malchor's lip curled up during the fire elemental summoning. Was that a smile?
Apr 26, 2022 6:24 pm
Hank's extensive experience with orcs and their allies identifies the huge multi-headed and multi-limbed ones as
[ +- ] dire trolls
and the large corpulent ones as
[ +- ] venom trolls.
Apr 26, 2022 6:59 pm
OOC:
Oh, fun fact I just re-discovered: starting at 13th level, monks can understand all spoken languages. So Diana understands the orcs too - and anyone else speaking anything else, apparently.
Apr 27, 2022 10:33 am
Eric turns to Hank. "I say we teleport in next to the ladies, fight off those guards, and try to teleport out before the trolls get into it. What do you think?"
Apr 27, 2022 3:50 pm
annex sent a note to JoshuaMabry
Apr 27, 2022 9:13 pm
"Teleporting is so a V move...or DM's." Sheila speaks up. "They both have used that pop in and out move since our first moments here in the realms, to escape or avoid answering questions."

"Or, I could simply open a hole in the wall we could walk through and then Presto could teleport us out?"
Last edited April 27, 2022 9:14 pm
Apr 28, 2022 7:08 am
Bobby is losing patience and really getting worked up now. He growls and starts beating himself on the chest. The Thunder Club begins to glow with eagerness as well.

"Let's go already!!!!!!"
Last edited April 28, 2022 7:09 am
Apr 28, 2022 7:56 am
Sheila prepares to goes invisible at the moment they are all teleported.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.