A new being of great power has approached...

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Apr 21, 2022 7:02 pm
Hello there, i'm VolcanicSoviet, and i'm new here.

I came upon this place as i wanted to play an system. However, it's hard to find PbP on discord, so i searched on google, and stumbled upon this website through a reddit post listing good PbP spots. This place was diffrent though, because of the character sheets and tools, so i decided to join this place.

A few things to note:
My creativity is taller then a skyscraper and deeper then the Marina trench, and filled with chaos. Ask my anything, excluding creating a realistic name, and i'll come up with something within a moment.
Besides my creativity, i'm also daily active, so i can easily meet the requirement of 1 post a day, unless a special situation occurs.
I also have generally quite a lot of knowledge about various topics due to my brain being capable of memorizing information i read in various locations, such as books and on the internet.

Now here's a bit about my history:
I always liked roleplaying, generally roleplaying in a small game called EE (which is simular to Roblox, but 2D and pixels, and more simple (EE is gone now)). However, when Corona hit, i had much more time on my hands with school becoming online. And i got bored, so i discovered various new things, such as playing new time consuming games, and going on roleplaying servers on Discord. The roleplaying servers on discord weren't as fast-paced, and could be done over multiple days.
It was also that time when i discovered D&D, and got into it. Including a D&D server, but i never really tried finding a quick D&D session campaing. A year later, and i started discovering and reading upon much more tabletops. Dungeon World, Pathfinder, Shadowrun, 13th age, etc. I also joined a few discords servers for Dungeon Worlds, Risus and GURPS, however couldn't really get into any long-term PbP games, or any PbP games at all.
While i did find Role Gate, it's... not working properly. So i went to find a new PbP website. And that's how i came here.

A bit about my roleplaying traits:
I suck at coming up with a realistic name, but that won't really be noticed as i search up suitable names.
I also suck at finding images for my characters, but with Picrew i can make them myselves, at the cost of the generators being Anime-like. I don't expect it to be an huge problem, although there might be some tables where no anime is allowed. But it won't be a big of a problem for me.
Another thing that i'm not really good at is large personalities, as i'm rather a bit chaotic. If there is no real need, then i won't describe most of my character's personality and leave it up to my imagination to develop it as the game goes on.

That's all about me i believe. I'll be active for a few more hours after post, so feel free to ask questions.
Apr 21, 2022 7:05 pm
Welcome, VolcanicSoviet! Any particular systems that you'd like to try first now that you've found a place?
Apr 21, 2022 7:05 pm
Welcome to GP VolcanicSoviet!
Apr 21, 2022 7:11 pm
Welcome to the community, @VolcanicSoviet!
Apr 21, 2022 7:34 pm
Naatkinson says:
Welcome, VolcanicSoviet! Any particular systems that you'd like to try first now that you've found a place?
At first, i don't really mind picking a specific system. While it would be easy for me to get into the systems i already know, i wouldn't mind learning about the systems i didn't discover yet.
I wouldn't really like though for pre-made characters to be used, but otherwise i'm fine with anything.
Apr 21, 2022 11:35 pm
Welcome VolcanicSoviet! Hope you find some great games to try.
Apr 22, 2022 1:03 am
Hey, VolcanicSoviet! Nice to see you here. (Try starting a Risus game?)
Apr 22, 2022 1:37 am
Welcome, VolcanicSoviet!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.
If you have any questions about how to use the site, you can put them into our Questions and Help subforum.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

I also run a beginner's game as a quick introduction to GamersPlane and play-by-post, if you're interested.

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!

Len

Apr 22, 2022 4:50 am
Welcome to the community, VolcanicSoviet!
Apr 23, 2022 12:20 am
Welcome to GP, VolcanicSoviet!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.