Finding Family (character creation)

load previous
May 26, 2022 5:53 am
Harrigan says:
I might actually swap an ability to address the HP thing, because 1d6 will never be good...
Totally fair, Harri! You’re playing a Fighter after all, no harm in making yourself sturdier.
May 29, 2022 9:02 pm
I rolled the wrong dice for my stats, try number 2:

Rolls

Roll 'em - (2d6, 2d6, 2d6, 2d6, 2d6, 2d6)

2d6 : (42) = 6

2d6 : (66) = 12

2d6 : (35) = 8

2d6 : (25) = 7

2d6 : (54) = 9

2d6 : (52) = 7

May 29, 2022 9:05 pm
I think that's:
Str: 0
Dex: +3
Con: +1
Int: +1
Wis: +1
Cha: +1

Looks like it'll be a rogue/ranger type character. I'm going to have a look at the other PCs to see what the party can use.
May 29, 2022 9:19 pm
Quality rolls, Gen!

I know that @Harrigan and @Samaritan have finished up their characters: a lizardman warrior survivor of an apocalypse weapon, and a half-fae necromancer plague survivor.

I believe that @argo is most of the way there, but some tweaking is being done on his shapeshifting magical ex-con -- is all that still correct Argo?

@FluxCapacitor has a sentient specimen of flora bred and hybridized to be a chosen one, although I believe the dice conspired against that PC -- Flux were you still rolling with that idea, or had you intended to go back to the drawing board?
May 29, 2022 9:42 pm
I'm thinking of being a spider-like race. Do we have to be humanoid, or can I just be a talking human-sized spider?

Possible concept (WIP):
Our species used to inhabit a long abandoned plane, we thrived there until the inhabitants of old came back. The giants drove us from our homes and used chemicals to kill any that tried to remain. In a last ditch attempt to save the race, multiple egg pods were sent to a select couple of planes with the highest chance of survival. A way to find a new home planet. Unfortunately, my egg pod only had 2 successful hatchlings (as far as I know), and we do not get along. Now I'm trying to find more of my species in the hope that there really is a place I can call home.

Skills: Stealth, Lore
Abilities: Wild, Tough
AlfredR says:
Quality rolls, Gen!
Btw, I'm happy to tone those stats down if I got a bit too lucky. Just let me know.
Last edited May 29, 2022 9:44 pm
May 29, 2022 10:26 pm
Was just reading Harrigan's background ideas and something interesting popped into my head.

@Harrigan, how about this: Your people were fighting a giant worm. My people live inside that worm. Kinda like parasites/symbiotic creatures. You went through a portal to leave and then the worm ate the portal. I fell into it and ended up next to you. We've become friends since.

You're probably looking for survivors or to slay the worm and I'm looking to find my people again. So we have a common destination.

What do you think? If you have stuff to add or change I'm cool with that :)
May 29, 2022 10:27 pm
TheGenerator says:
I'm thinking of being a spider-like race. Do we have to be humanoid, or can I just be a talking human-sized spider?
I will leave this up to others, if only because I know many people do not do well with spiders. I personally think I'd be fine if you wanted to be a big spider -- some of the folks you encounter out in the multiverse might take issue, but then again they might also take issue with giant lizard guys and werewolves and ents haha.
Quote:
Btw, I'm happy to tone those stats down if I got a bit too lucky. Just let me know.
No need, Gen.
May 29, 2022 10:33 pm
AlfredR says:
I know many people do not do well with spiders
Ah, right. I didn't think about that. I'll try to think of something other options.
May 30, 2022 12:51 am
Fine with spiders, and with crossing our backgrounds, Gen. I'm thinking, though, that perhaps the wyrm was the portal, or moved through them... and my people sacrificed their world by destroying said planet and trapping the monster there. Perhaps the thing's tail or snout was sliced off when it tried to come through... and there came you parasites. :)
May 30, 2022 12:52 am
(And maybe you're parasites because you adapted when the wyrm ate your world...)
May 30, 2022 12:54 am
Samaritan says:
HP Roll!

Edit: Nobody breathe too hard on me or Agamemnon
Fixed mine. Took Hardy. =]
May 30, 2022 8:44 am
Harrigan says:
Fine with spiders, and with crossing our backgrounds, Gen. I'm thinking, though, that perhaps the wyrm was the portal, or moved through them... and my people sacrificed their world by destroying said planet and trapping the monster there. Perhaps the thing's tail or snout was sliced off when it tried to come through... and there came you parasites. :)
Harrigan says:
(And maybe you're parasites because you adapted when the wyrm ate your world...)
I like that! Let's do it that way :)
I don't know if you've seen the show Snowpiercer, but I can be known as a 'taily' :D
May 30, 2022 11:16 am
I'll change my race to a beetle-like race, to avoid the possible spider issue. This also fits with being Tough.

https://i.imgur.com/fftXj3f.png

Monster moves:
- Crushing bite: Use my pincer with a huge amount of force.
- Swift movement: My wings are not designed to fly with, but I can use it to give myself a movement burst.

Does that look OK?

As an alternative move I'm trying to think of something involving the parasitic nature. So something like "Can consume life energy from another living organism". But that might be a bit too vampire-like? Anyone have a suggestion?

Rolls

rolling HP - (2d6h1)

(45) = 5

May 31, 2022 4:42 am
Wait, do we put our completed characters in this thread or do we create a new character in the characters tab? I think I'm done, apart from deciding on a name, finding an image, and rolling for HP.
Jun 1, 2022 5:03 am
Just like with TK, your "Characters" are separate from the game -- at least initially. So use the menu at the top to see your Characters page, create one (custom sheet) and then, from the "Game Details" page (bottom right), 'submit' that PC to the game. In TK, you can create the PC right in the game... here you create them outside, them submit them.
Jun 3, 2022 12:25 pm
Thanks, Harrigan! I am finalizing my sheet. Do you know if there is an example sheet to look at, so I know if I'm making it in the right format? I didn't use a template.
Jun 3, 2022 3:16 pm
There's no template I know of, but feel free to steal or rob from mine if it helps. Just "quote" this message and you'll get access to the code...
[ +- ] Sample PC Sheet
Jun 3, 2022 3:23 pm
I made a sheet template last month. It doesn't have monster moves on it though.
Jun 3, 2022 4:47 pm
Nice! Thank you both!
Jun 3, 2022 7:52 pm
Rolling for HP...

Rolls

Hit Points - (1d6)

(5) = 5

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.